Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.
    [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], it does feel good to say “No thanks, I don’t drink”! The first time I said it, the other person laughed and asked if I wanted a beer or a glass of wine. This was one of my old drinking buddie and I’m happy to say he recently quit as well.

Hot and hazy here today, to be hotter tomorrow. Good thing my little buddy and I walk in the cool of early morning because we sure would’t be walking this time of day.

Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful af Thursday!

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; August 9, 2018, 01:30 PM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I forgot to mention [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] that I did have to get new glasses yesterday. They didn’t cost an arm and a leg, just an arm! So I gave him my injured one and called it square! lol
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

My daughter and grandson arrived yesterday and it's been all go here! It's wonderful being surrounded by family! I also went to an auction yesterday before they arrived and bought a kitchen table and chairs for my son for just $40. What a steal. The furniture is solid and well made. He needed a set and was well pleased. Mr. D is struggling mightily to keep up with conversation. His hearing has taken a sudden and severe turn for the worse this summer. We are hoping it is related to his allergies and will improve if he can get his ears cleared. He already wears hearing aids so perhaps they need to be adjusted. But it makes me sad seeing him struggle to hear his children and grandchildren. Such a frustration for him.

My daughter is really into wine. She owns a specialty wine shop in New Orleans. She brought up a case of wine on this trip and I just about had a fit when she told me! I never officially told her I don't drink. Luckily it turns out she was only bringing it here to store it in our cellar. They are wines that she bought for a future gift to her son and she said our basement is a perfect environment for storing them. So, I now have in my cellar a case of wine that I am not supposed to touch...it reminds me of the story of Eden! LOL! We all know what a downfall it would be for me to drink that fruit!! I solemnly promise I will not.

24 more please and thank you!
        Last edited by dill; August 10, 2018, 05:18 AM.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"When everything seems like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top."— Unknown

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have 24 please, and thanks...

Enough already, I'm sick of the heat! Hmmmm, wonder what I'll be saying in January lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Safe travels today [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! You guys headed out to do a tour of the States again? Y'all should probably think of driving to Alaska, via Edmonton lol.

Couldn't agree with you more [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], it makes staying working so much easier when you love what you do!

Did you get to bed the same day you woke up in [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]? That's the motto I live by, it seems to help keep me out of trouble lol.

I actually chuckled this morning when reading your post [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and not because of Mr D's hearing, I know exactly what you are both going through! But because of the specialty wine, good thing my tastes were on Budweiser, not expensive wines or liquor! I'd probably still be paying that debt off lol.

Have a Fantastic Freedom Friday everyone!

Comment

Quick fly by today.....another 24 please, and thank God it's Friday!

Comment

I tried pm'ing you [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], but your message box is full. It's your week for quotes starting Sunday if you're up for it.

Comment

Overcast and muggy.
                  Muggy last night at work,exhausted at the end of the night, and did not get to bed on the same day I woke up on, lol. But, that's OK, I'm used to it. Good motto though, Cowboy. At least it wasn't because I was hootin' with the owls all night.
                  I don't think wine in my basement would bother me too much at this point, out of sight, out of mind. But, that's just me. I'm sure your daughter has no idea how much you've struggled, Dill.
                  And there are no cellars in NOLA, lol, even the graves are above ground.
                  I've had high end bourbon at my house the whole time I've been sober, just couldn't see pouring it down the drain. I need to get it to my brother though, as I won't be drinking it.
                  Now, if you bring sugar into the house, that I struggle with. Crazy.
                  24 more please

Comment

6:00 am in Vegas another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

ABC, we may just show up on your doorstep some day! We get around, lol.

24 more please and thank you. ☺

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Just back from dropping off a vehicle at the garage that needs over $1,700 worth of work. Anyone interested in buying a gently used border collie? Only kidding.

Cowboy, I’m sure in January we will have forgotten this heat and will be complaining of the cold. I could do without the smoke from forest fires, some as far away as Russia!

Hope everyone stays cool and enjoys Friday, af.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hi everyone! Hi AB.. I haven't been checking in each day as I wanted to while I'm working out of town.. (I'll be home on Tuesday) because I'm involved in a project that requires me to work long hours! 14 today.. it's a lot of fun, but I'm beat and have only even read back a bit.. I do think of you though..:hug:

So if anyone wants to switch weeks with me, I'd be most grateful.. otherwise, I can begin when I'm back.. someone could hop in Sunday and Monday..
                          Here's to another 24 af hours!!!

Comment

Hi LC! I can switch weeks with you....I believe that it's my turn for quotes next week. If you could cover for me then, I'll pick up this week.

Comment

Cool and rainy on the back porch this morning. Lot's of screech owls having a conversation in the woods earlier.....

Hope that all are well this Saturday morning!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Still a full house here but so far today Mr. D and I are the only ones up. It's quiet and peaceful on the deck but everything is still wet from last night's rain, so I remain indoors.

That wine in the basement will not be a temptation for me really. I'd be mortified if I took my daughter's special gift to guzzle like it was cheap grocery store wine! That's my downfall is the cheap grocery story wine. I was buying it by the box and hiding it in the cupboard or a closet toward the end. Drinking alone and trying to hide it. That just sounds about as pathetic as it actually is!

24 more, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X