• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

24 more please!

Comment

“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect.” – Margaret Mitchell

Lots of activity out in the woods this am.....the coyotes were howling, the owls were hooting, and the insects were buzzing. How's that for a bunch of clichés!

Hope that all have a great AF Monday, and here's to 24 more!

Comment

Good quote this morning Jude. It made me stop and think, which is always good. What we get out of life is what we put into it. Anything worthwhile is an effort, but with practice the effort becomes easier and easier over time as it becomes habit.

My effort this morning is to get this house back to "normal" after 4 days of company that included 2 very active 6yo's! I'm finding things so far out of place I certainly have my work cut out. The two were imagining there was a pirate in the house and treasure as well. They definitely went into places they were not meant to go while we adults were visiting. I didn't have the heart to curtail their activities since they see each other ever so rarely and they were so enthralled in their shared imaginative play. Luckily they did not come across any long ago hidden stashes of empty vodka bottles!

24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Cool, cloudy, and raining. We were supposed to go to the lake and see Adam and Darcie's new lake lot today. That might have to be put on hold lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:44 am in Vegas another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Life is full of expectations, but they'll remain just that unless we work for them. You are what you make yourself to be, keep your expectations realistic and you might see them happen. Life does not owe us anything, no one owes us anything, we only owe it to ourselves to make life the best it can be...
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Here's to owing ourselves the very best! Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote this morning. Life does not in fact owe us anything however, in the past few years our Youth Justice Committee has seen more than a few young offenders who think they’re entitled.

My little buddy is having a spa day today. The house is sooooo quiet!

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

24 more for me as well. Thanks

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Supposed to be a sunny day, not too hot. The rain didn't show up yesterday, so we had a relaxing day at the lake with Adam & Darcie!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Neither does bathing. That’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar

Glad that you had a rain free day [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] and were able to enjoy your family! So many things to be grateful for!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:31 am in Vegas another 24 please
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sunny and a bit cooler.
                            I never felt that life owed me anything. I always knew that I had to work for anything I wanted. I get so tired of the entitled/privileged. More so to peopled who feel they are entitled, than someone who was born to privilege.
                            Busy work week.
                            24 more please.

Comment

24 more please and THANK you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

By 9 this morning my little buddy and I had walked our 6km route and I’d cut the lawn. Nice to get all this done in relatively cool conditions, in advance of the warm up expected later today.

I’m glad others have noticed the entitled generation and how they conduct themselves. I think a lot of them have never heard the word No! There were times when I was a Justice of the peace conducting bail hearings with young offenders that I felt the parents were the real ones at fault! It was sad to see some of these young people in trouble with the law and their parents not really care.
                                Mrs QW was a stay at home Mom when our boys were small. A lot of our friends had double incomes, were able to buy lots of things for their kids and go on nice trips but I wouldn’t have wanted our kids to be raised any differently.

Hope everyone has a great af Tuesday!

QW
                                Last edited by Quit wining; August 14, 2018, 11:55 AM.
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X