Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post

Ginger, I’m envious that you’re heading for the coast. Am I correct in assuming the Oregon Coast? We discovered Lincoln City 4 years ago and last year went back with friends. Love everything about it! The scenery is spectacular, the fresh seafood amazing and we met so many friendly folks.
    For those of us old enough to remember the original A&W restaurants, complete with service to your vehicle, there’s one in Florence.

QW
    QW, Lincoln City is where we are headed until the 24th. We've been going there for 25 years or so. This trip my younger sister will be with us in the 5th wheel. She found out at Christmas that her hubby of 35 years was having an affair and they couldn't work things out. Normally they'd be with us in their travel trailer but that's over now. We refused to let her stay home! Have to help her get used to this new normal!
    G999

Comment

Ginger, I’m officially jealous! Are you staying at Devil’s Lake? I’d love to have a family reunion there some day.

On our first trip, we rented a house on a cliff overlooking the ocean. We saw whales from the balcony! On our last trip we were actually at Depoe Bay but spent a lot of time in Lincoln City.

My chiropractor and his wife went to college in Portland and used to frequent the Pig & Pancake, a restaurant we visited on his recommendation. Each visit we brought back maple syrup from the restaurant for him.

Have you eaten at the Schooner on Netarts Bay, a bit south of Tillamook? Fabulous seafood, especially the fresh from the water clams.

Good for you for including your sister on the trip. Hope you all have a fabulous time!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION],
        Black lake is beautiful. You should definitely try to do a reunion there. We haven't tried the Schooner but now that I have a recommendation, we will! We also rented a house on a cliff one winter. We had a huge storm and it was scary but so cool! May we will see you there some day!

Comment

I like all your quotes this week Jude. You really know how to find the good ones.
          And QW you made me laugh with your comment about all your devices being smarter than you are! I feel the same way!

My spirit isn't feeling very resilient at the moment. I fell off the wagon and drank the last two nights. I am not dealing with a hangover, my tolerance is still pretty high. But I am dealing with the crushing feeling of defeat and the anxiety that I will not be able to get back on track. However, I am determined to take on today. I WILL have 24 hours.

Lots of rain here too, Jude. I wish I could send it to you folks that need it!

Humbly asking for 24 please.
          Last edited by dill; August 17, 2018, 05:27 AM.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

" Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." – Confucius

This quotes for you [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....thank you for being honest with us here at MWO. It's difficult to admit when you have a slip, and many wouldn't have done so, but you did. Stay close and re freshen those memories of why you quit in the first place.

Raining heavily here in N.Y. ...more flood watches and warning in effect for many areas of the state.

Asking for 24 more please for myself and for all those that need it.
            Last edited by Jude58; August 17, 2018, 06:32 AM.

Comment

73F and rain. 3.5 inches yesterday, and more on the way.
              Great quotes Jude, especially today, for Dill, and the rest of us that need a hand up.
              hard to check in the past few days, working nights, and no private time in the am. I need just 1/2 hour to myself in the morning and can't seem to get it.
              oh well, 24 more please.

Comment

5:36 am in Vegas another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, I'm in for 24 more please, and thanks...

Foggy and smoky here this morning, but cool at least... 3.5" is a pile of rain [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! Are flooded basements a common occurrence around your area?

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've said this before and I'll say it again [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], if we all got sober on our first attempt we wouldn't ever have met each other as there'd be no need for places like MWO! Does that mean I'm glad I'm an alcoholic, some days I am because I'm grateful to have met all you fine people! It would be fantastic to have an MWO Round-Up even though I know it's not possible.

How many attempts do we need? How many times do we have to start over? God only knows, but what we do know is exactly what the quote [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] shared this morning, we'll never know unless we keep trying. You can do this my friend, never give up hope....

I love hearing about the travelling all the members do, the places they go, people they meet, and things they see. It's not in the cards for me though as Bubba gets every kind of motion sickness there is, and she's tried every trick and medication there is. Sometimes I think it's not really motion sickness, but more fear and anxiety, and I keep hoping one day she'll overcome that.
                    Last edited by abcowboy; August 17, 2018, 08:08 AM.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

24 more and thank you! Great quote today.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], hang in there, you got this. For me, feeling like a failure was far worse for me than the hangovers the past 10 months. Self-love is so important and choosing not to drink is the best act of self-love for us alcoholics. Keep coming back, we'll be here! I'm so very thankful you were all here for me 15 days ago when I returned. ☺

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you!

Glad that you came right back Dill. Jude’s quote today was spot on and as Cowboy pointed out, if everyone quit al the first time, there wouldn’t be the same need for MWO as there is. Your friends are always here for you.

Ginger, will have to check out Black Lake. It may be a couple of years before we get back to Oregon. I subscribe to Travel Oregon and enjoy reading about everything going on and gettting ideas for our next visit.

One of the many benefits of retirement is being able to plan trips. As many of you know, in January we’re treating our family to a week at our favourite resort in Mexico. Then Mrs QW said she’d like to go whale watching from Vancouver Island so we’ll add that to our bucket list.

Still smokey here unfortunately.

Hope everyone has a great af Friday!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

The sun trying to shine through the smoke from the forest fires in BC

Comment

Gorgeous day on the Oregon coast!

Comment

Thank you all for your support and friendship. :love: I know I would not be making the progress I have made if it weren't for each and everyone of you showing up on this thread each day and sharing your thoughts, experiences and bits of your worlds. I was truly blessed when I fell into place here. (I think you lured me over here Cowboy when I was on the verge of giving up on MWO because my go-to thread was no longer a welcome fit for me. Politics became more important than alcohol support to my thread mates back then.)

I have often heard people say on here that they stay quit because they are not sure how many more quits they have left in them. Yesterday I began to appreciate the meaning of that. It was a struggle to be back on day 1. I am sure I would not have made it thru if I hadn't signed in here in the morning. I was out with a friend and buying a bottle or two of wine would have been so natural and easy. But I kept reminding myself of my commitment to 24 hours and that kept me going. And here I am 24 hours later!:yay:

Cloudy and misty this morning with the soothing sounds of crickets. Gratefully and humbly asking for 24 more.

Thank you Ginger for the pic of the coastline. So beautiful! and Thank you Cowboy for the hazy sun picture. Beautiful but sad.
                              Last edited by dill; August 18, 2018, 06:18 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Worst smoke ever this morning, can hardly see down the block. Hank poked his nose out the garage door, sniffed the air, then looked up at me as if to say "Can I do my morning business in the garage, it stinks out there! lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Last edited by abcowboy; August 18, 2018, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X