No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we can't be here for each other to help and support each other, where would that leave us [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Only a fellow alcoholic can understand what we're going through and appreciate how hard this is! I'm just happy you accepted my invitation to join us here, I hate it when people leave because of what someone else said as there's more than one thread on MWO that would be glad to have people join. I see [MENTION=23289]Snoopy56[/MENTION] left that same thread, and now that thread has disappeared. I tried to get her to join us over here, but to no avail. I'm always concerned about what I say here, in a lot of cases emotions are running high and just about anything said can be taken out of context. Ya, I can seem like a mean sob at times, but only when I figure the situation warrants it. I'm not always right, but I'm always trying to help....
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:56 am in Vegas another 24 please
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

"I was carrying a beautiful alcoholic conflagration around with me. The thing fed on its own heat and flamed the fiercer. There was no time, in all my waking time, that I didn't want a drink. I began to anticipate the completion of my daily thousand words by taking a drink when only five hundred words were written. It was not long until I prefaced the beginning of the thousand words with a drink." – Jack London

Jack London is one of my very favorite writers, and like many, he struggled with alcohol.

Cowboy, how close are the fires to where you live? It must be awful breathing all that smoke...can't imagine. Really wish that I could send this rain to all of the areas that need it most!

Hang in there [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....we are here for you. That's the whole point of this site isn't it?:huggies:

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Another 24 more please and thank you! Sorry for the short post but off to coffee with my little sis.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] for switching weeks with [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], and the quotes you shared sure hit home to most of us I imagine, good job! I presume LC will be here tomorrow to start her week of quotes?

I had to google "conflagration" lol. Such big words for a plumber that only has to remember 3 things! But it's true, the need for alcohol burned fierce within me, to the point that I needed it to start my day! Sure glad those days are over!

The fires are about 700 - 800 miles from where I live Jude. Since [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], [MENTION=17367]porqoui[/MENTION], and [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] are much closer I imagine the smoke is much worse in Calgary! I hate to think what the people in BC are going through, we have to keep the doors and windows closed up here to prevent the smell from getting in.

I was thinking about your post some more [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I wonder why we come to MWO after the fact? I know I did the same thing when I was still drinking. Would things have been different if we would have signed in here first, or did that AV convince us to stay away...
            Last edited by abcowboy; August 18, 2018, 09:54 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Light overcast, hopefully the rain has stopped. Over 5 inches in the last 48 hrs.
              Yes, Cowboy the basement floods, I'm in an old house, and it just seeps through the foundation, it would cost way to much to try and fix, and it does not always work, my neighbor can attest to that.
              I just keep a wet dry vac in the basement, and run a dehumidifier.
              What are the three things a plumber must remember? 1. Shit flows downhill, lol.
              Yes, if we could all quit the first time, there would be no need for a site like this.
              24 more for all of us, please.

Comment

I hear ya Mr V, trying to fix a leaky basement from the inside is near on to impossible, and it's very expensive and messy to dig up all around to do the repairs. 5", that's insane!

2. Payday is Friday
                3. Don't chew your fingernails

lol
                Last edited by abcowboy; August 18, 2018, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another day of chewing the air! I think this is the worst it’s been. Yuck!

Getting ready for our grandson to come for a couple of days. We bought him a set of disc golf discs yesterday, might get to try that tomorrow.

Ginger, I know that beach! I can almost smell the sea air! Looks like a good day for the windsurfers too.

Hope everyone is enjoying a great af Saturday!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hope that you're staying above water Mr. V, and that you can stop "chewing the air" soon QW! Things like that are always a reminder to me of just how puny mankind is against the forces of nature.

Every Sunday I wake up knowing (hoping) that history won't repeat itself, where I would start drinking, often before 6:00 am. I would have several drinks, then sleep for a couple of hours, then repeat the process until I passed out. As you can imagine, Mondays were my worst nightmare, and I often called in sick. (It didn't help that at the time, I was in a job that I hated)
                    I'm so grateful that those days are behind me, and that I can wake up on Mondays with a clear head and conscious. I try to keep this memory handy for those times that the urge to drink comes rearing it's ugly head. I still wish that I could enjoy a nice glass of wine like "normal" people, but alas, it is not meant to be.

Here's to another 24 for all us and thank you very much!

Comment

6:45am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

The wind died down and it's a bit cooler, so not much smoke in the air this morning!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

6:00 in Vegas another 24 please!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Can you tell I was a bit hungry this morning lol, breakfast is ready!

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION].......I can feel my arteries clogging already, but it looks soooo good!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Off to get our grandson for a 2 day visit. Can’t wait to see what mischief we get into this time!

Jude, looking at that breakfast photo, I’d be willing to risk damaging my arteries!! What a way to go!!!

Still gross air quality this morning when we walked and very cool as well, 4C, 39F. The promised rain which was to clear the air has been postponed again, this time until Friday. Oh well, at least the fires aren’t close.

Hope everyone has a great af Sunday!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hope you saved me some of the potatoes off to the side Cowboy. ;~)

Our RV neighbors came over with a bottle of wine and a half a watermelon last night. They'd seen my sis sitting out having a glass earlier. Such a sweet gesture from people we only met two days ago. The wine sits unopened on the counter and I ate most of the melon! :•)

Another 24 please and THANK you!
                                Last edited by Ginger999; August 19, 2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X