~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

74 F , a little hazy. It's supposed to cool off next week.
    Meant to add yesterday that I enjoyed the photos.
    Off to work today, gotta run.
    24 more please.

Comment

Jude, I really enjoyed yesterday's quote. I had no idea Jack London was an alcoholic and I loved the way he described it from his experience as a writer. And don't we all know the feelings he described! I know we are not supposed to compare ourselves to others, but I am going to take a minute here to say that I truly admire you for your achievement! I fortunately never desired a drink first thing in the morning, but I was beginning to start my drinking earlier and earlier on Sundays and had crossed the line to 'before noon'. I have a deeper appreciate of your accomplishment since you shared that. You're a STAR!

Originally posted by abcowboy
      I was thinking about your post some more @dill, I wonder why we come to MWO after the fact? I know I did the same thing when I was still drinking. Would things have been different if we would have signed in here first, or did that AV convince us to stay away...
      Let me clarify what happened a little bit better. I said I had drank the last two days, but that was not an accurate statement. What happened was, I signed in on Tuesday, but ended up drinking that day in spite of my morning sign in. The next day I did not drink, but did not post. The third day I again did not post but in spite of my intentions to remain af, I did drink yet again. My point is, the day I got off track I had signed in. I was just too complacent I guess because the signing in did not stop me that day. I thought: if it isn't going to do me any good to sign in, then what's the point, and I stayed away. Also, I felt embarrassed to admit it. But after I drank the second time I then realized I was a fool if I thought I could go it alone... So, back I came!

I know not everyone here are church-goers, but I am and I like to gather my wisdom where I can so I hope you'll indulge me because today's second reading spoke directly to me: From St. Paul to the Ephesians:

Brothers and sisters:
      Watch carefully how you live,
      not as foolish persons but as wise,
      making the most of the opportunity,
      because the days are evil.
      Therefore, do not continue in ignorance,
      but try to understand what is the will of the Lord.
      And do not get drunk on wine, in which lies debauchery,
      but be filled with the Spirit,

Day 3 for me. 24 please and thank you.
      Last edited by dill; August 19, 2018, 10:02 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Talk about a picture of beauty and the beast!

Taken outside of Fraser Lake, BC
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

What I meant to say [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] is I wonder if at the moment we decide to pick up that drink would we change our minds if we came to MWO first. I know I never did because at that point I didn’t want to get talked out of drinking even though I knew I shouldn’t drink.

You’re back, you’re here giving it another go, and that’s all that really matters..
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

""I am manifesting peace in my life by relinquishing control, acknowledging what I can change and accepting what I cannot. My happiness begins with me.""--alex elle

Hope everyone is having a nice af weekend.. we are all back together and enjoying our last "summer" day before school starts tomorrow. I'm sort of looking forward to having a more regular schedule..xx

Comment

""May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.""-- Nelson Mandela

Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us!

Comment

Two very good quotes LC, thank you. Both are about the choices we make and the importance of approaching them with wisdom. The trick is the steady application!

It's a cool morning here with birds and crickets in chorus. 24 more hours would be the bees knees, please!
                Last edited by dill; August 20, 2018, 06:10 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Autumn will be here soon judging by the sounds from the back porch this morning. I could hear four different screech owls carrying on a conversation, while at the same time, the coyotes were howling and yapping from the hills. Lots of coyotes! I keep catching myself dreading winter, yet there are so many beautiful days to be had before then. I've really got to start living in the moment, and not worrying about the future. Old habits die hard I guess.

Liked the quote this morning LC.....for a long time, I guess that I made some pretty bad choices based on fear.

Hope that everyone has a great AF Monday.

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; August 20, 2018, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Some great quotes LC! When we learn, and accept that we can't control everything, our choices become that more easier...

Comment

5:39 am in Vegas another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

cooler, but still hazy and humid, probably more rain
                          Good to see you back, LC, thanks for the quotes
                          Have a day off work, but MrsV seems to have it full for me, lol.
                          24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 please and THANK you!

Enjoying the smokeless coast and spending time with my sis. Trying to live in the moment but dreading going back to all that smoke! Great quotes for me today!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mr V, funny how there’s always a honey do list, eh? Mine never ends!

An overnight rain improved our air quality a bit however the smoke is expected to return by tomorrow.

We have our grandson with us for a couple of days. We took him for lunch at a 50’s style diner yesterday. He was intrigued with the table top juke box and went through a few quarters listening to some good old tunes.

Hope everyone has a great af Monday!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

7:00 am breezy and cloudy with temps in the mid sixties.

Hope that you have a great time with your grandson QW!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X