• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:28 am in Vegas another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Nice and cool here this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], so so sorry about you nephew. It is devastating to lose one so young. Hope Mr D starts to feel better.
      This song always helps to soothe my soul.
      Tedeschi Trucks Band - "Midnight in Harlem" (Live on eTown) - YouTube
      Looking for 24 more please

Comment

6:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Smoky and cloudy, cool, but no rain! Me thinks I'll be steering a John Deere before the day is out!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drinkW
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good to hear you enjoyed the concert sober [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], and that it was a great concert! Watching other people get drunk and high has no appeal to me anymore, but I do love a good concert! We were actually supposed to go to a Corb Lund/Ian Tyson concert this weekend down by Drumheller with Adam & Darcie but declined the invitation because I figured I'd be harvesting. Turns out Ian Tyson can't make it because of "illness and a serious medical condition", that translates to me that his liver finally gave out.

Life sure has it's ups and downs eh [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Sorry to hear the bad news, tough to lose such a young family member, and hopefully Mr D's kidney problems are treatable/repairable. Last night when I went to bed and gave thanks for my day, I had to remind myself that God doesn't give us anything that He thinks we can't handle.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So sorry Dill. Such a sad thing to lose a wee one. Long travel day. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

So sorry to learn of your nephews passing Dill. Hope that Mr D feels better soon too.

We’re meeting this afternoon with Parkinson Alberta to discuss offering programs in our area, looking forward to learning what we can do together.

Heard on the news today that alcohol kills 2.8 million people worldwide annually. Another good reason not to drink!

Hope everyone has a great af Friday!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good Saturday morning all! Looks to be a nice one here today...lots of sun with temps in the low 80's. Good thing, as we have a boat load of people coming over for a picnic. So glad that none of them drink.....no pressure! :calm:

I so admire you and your wife [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] for being there for each other during these hard times. With many couples these days, "it's all about me" and sadly, those folks will never make it through the rough patches that go with any relationship.

Looking forward to another 24 and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for all your supportive thoughts. The memorial service and funeral are this morning which meant that we didn't have enough time to get there. It's quite far from us as my brother's family is in Baton Rouge, LA. However, my daughter lives two hours from there and is going to go. We will be making a donation to a charity of their choice. They seem be coping well at the moment but I can imagine it's going to be a long haul.

Another good day not to drink. 24 please.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Cool and cloudy this morning, sprinkled just enough yesterday so that we couldn't start harvest, maybe this afternoon….

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Cool, with the humidity creeping in. Going back to the 90's. It's still summer here.
                      I don't think there is anything harder for parents to endure than the loss of a child.
                      Grateful Mrs V has stuck with me through this ordeal. She's really enjoying the AF free lifestyle, too. Lucky me.
                      Hope you get on the tractor today, Cowboy. Seems like you just finished seeding, lol.
                      24 more for all of us please.

Comment

Sorry for your loss Dill 5:47 am in Vegas another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

When difficult things come along, I'm so thankful for my sobriety. In the past, I'd run head-on to the bottle and feel I deserved that drink for my troubles, only making things worse. I'm so glad you were all waiting here with your support when I wondered back a few weeks ago.

Sending my thoughts and support to all of you. Another 24 please and thank you.

Ps.... Good to be home despite the smoke!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Our meeting with Parkinson Alberta went very well yesterday. They are excited by the prospect of offering courses here and next week will begin the process of securing suitable locations for program delivery, with our help. Mrs QW and I are thrilled to be involved.

For the first time in almost 2 weeks I actually saw an airplane fly overhead. With the heavy smoke they’ve only been heard.

On our walk this morning we were pleasantly surprised to see 2 deer in a field close to home. My little buddy was very interested in them, must have thought they needed herding!

Hope everyone enjoys Saturday af free!!!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

My favorite time of day is very early morning. Everything is so peaceful, and it truly is a pleasure to have my first cup of coffee on the back porch listening as the night turns to dawn. Much better not hung over!

Another 24 for myself and anyone else that needs it!

Comment

Morning is my favorite time of day too, Jude. Especially after a good night's quality sleep, not a night's "pass out".
                                My granddaughter is here with us for the last hurrah of summer. Weather permitting I'll take her to the local pool.

Jude, don't you have an anniversary coming any day now? Don't let it slip by without letting us know, please. It will be an honour to celebrate with you.:love:

Humbly asking for 24 more.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X