Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions.”
    – Dalai Lama
    Happiness is not predicated on someone else and it is not here for the taking. Happiness is made through the steps that it takes to get to where you want to be in life. You have succeeded in life when you get to a point when you are truly happy.

5:30am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

A light shower this morning, maybe 10 minutes, too dark to see if it's cloudy lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Buffet style breakfast this morning, so help yourself!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Overcast
        Out of town this morning
        Mornings were not my favorite during the drinking years, now I just wake up, ready to go.
        24 more please.

Comment

Thanks for the quote and the breakfast, AB..
          Here's to 24 af hours for all of us.. wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vervill
            Hope you get on the tractor today, Cowboy. Seems like you just finished seeding, lol.
            If the weather doesn’t improve Mr V, it might be next seeding season before I get back in the tractor lol.

Originally posted by Ginger999
            I'm so glad you were all waiting here with your support when I wondered back a few weeks ago.
            Of course we’d welcome you back Ginger! We welcome anyone who wants to improve their life! The Café doors are open 24/7 for everyone!

Originally posted by Quit wining
            Our meeting with Parkinson Alberta went very well yesterday. They are excited by the prospect of offering courses here and next week will begin the process of securing suitable locations for program delivery, with our help. Mrs QW and I are thrilled to be involved.
            That’s great news QDub, and I’ll bet they are every bit as thrilled to have you and Mrs QDub involved! Every organization struggles to get volunteers it seems, and the volunteers always seem to be the older generation. The younger generation seems to think they are to busy to volunteer for anything, they’d sooner just pay to make it happen.

Originally posted by lifechange
            Thanks for the quote and the breakfast, AB..
            And thank you LC for the great quotes this past week! They came at a time when I needed them!

Originally posted by Jude58 & dill
            My favorite time of day is very early morning. Everything is so peaceful, and it truly is a pleasure to have my first cup of coffee on the back porch listening as the night turns to dawn. Much better not hung over!

Morning is my favorite time of day too, Jude. Especially after a good night's quality sleep, not a night's "pass out".
            Count me in for mornings being my favorite time of day! A good night’s sleep and no hangover are blessings that only come from not drinking. A clear head and a quiet morning are exactly what I need to start my day off on the right foot. A cup of coffee just adds to it lol.

Comment

5:33 am in Vegas another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for breakfast Cowboy. Us vegans can always find options at a buffet.

I'm with all of you morning people. Best part of the day! Hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday.

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Looking forward to our son and grandson coming this week for a round of golf and an overnight stay. Best be getting to the driving range for some much needed practice! Mrs QW isn’t able to golf anymore but she’s going to drive the cart.

Hope everyone is enjoying an af Sunday!

QW
                  Last edited by Quit wining; August 26, 2018, 12:56 PM.
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It's a rainy, chilly day here.. but the night was quiet so i could sleep deeply. Haven't had that for quite some time. I'm envious of all of you living countryside and am beginning to think seriously about where I really want to live in the future. For the next 6 or 7 years, I'm here.. until the girls are really on their ways.. but afterwards..?

QW, I hope you'll have a nice time with your family and golf! Driving the cart was always my favourite part.. I was happy to read about the positive meeting you and your wife had with Parkinson Alberta. It will be great to have that extra support so close.
                    Ginger, I've been meaning to welcome you back! It's great to see you and to have you as a daily in the Café!

ok. I'm one of you morning people and after a day of feeling like a buck o' five, I'm happy to be feeling almost normal. Late here at 7:30!

Here's to a wonderful af day for all of us. I'd like to have a wonderful one!

Comment

I hope that living in the countryside becomes a reality for you in the future [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. In the past, I've tried to live in the city for convenience sake, but it doesn't work for me, and I was very unhappy. I was fortunate enough to be able to change that, and feel bad for all of the people that are unable to do so. Whatever your preference, city, country, or somewhere in between, I think that it's so important to feel comfortable and safe where ever you put down your roots.

Enjoy the time with your grandson QW, they grow up so fast!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

It was so hot and humid here over night that we kept the house closed up. I slept very badly as I was cut off from the night sounds. I really depend on those as they are so soothing! If I lived in the city I think I would even enjoy the sounds of the city at night. There is something so reassuring about the sounds of life going on around you while you are safe and snug in your bed. I like the sounds of traffic and of people coming and going altho not quite as much as I like the sounds of the countryside!

LC do you have a house or an apartment? And after the 6-7 years time where will you settle? Over there or State-side? I really don't know much about your circumstance or why you are in Germany but I know you visited family here for a while so I assumed you are originally from the US. Am I on the right track?

Ginger reading your posts me want to see the Oregon coastline! It's a long haul from Ohio tho...

24 more please.
                        Last edited by dill; August 27, 2018, 07:01 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” – Lao Tzu

When you let go of what you currently are, you can become what you want to become. We all envision the person that we want to become but sometimes it feels out of reach. We must work every day to become that person and start to believe we can. It starts with letting go of who you are today and working toward who you are supposed to be.

6:25am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Cool and cloudy with a bit of rain overnight, doesn't look like harvest will start today.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drinkQ

Comment

5:26 am in Vegas another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

First day of school here for the grands and we've been enlisted to take them in. It's always crazy but something exciting about the new school year start up! So glad to be AF so helping is a breeze and a pleasure.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, the drive from Ohio to the Oregon Coast will be worth it! We’ve been fortunate to have driven across Canada three times and twice across most of the US and have seen so many incredible sights and met some wonderful people.
                                Both times we’ve been to see the Oregon Coast, we’ve overnighted in Portland and from there headed NW to Sunshine to pick up Hwy 101. The scenery is simply breathtaking with photo opportunities at every turn as you head south. If it’s not on everyone’s bucket list, it should be!

Watching our grandkids grow up is sooooo much fun! Our grandson is going to be tall. He’s only 5 1/2 and is already 4’4” tall. He has an uncle who is 6’11” plus Mom & Dad are each 6’2”.

Cool, windy and wet here this morning, so much so that our morning walk has been postponed until later.

I had a drinking dream the other night, first one in a long time. I’m so happy it was just a dream!

Hope everyone has a great af Monday!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X