No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:35am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Raining this morning, so another day off the combine.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:59 am in Vegas another 24 please
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

It’s kinda nice having a few days off because I know that when harvest gets into full swing it’ll be long days, 7 days a week. They are forecasting freezing temps overnight this week, so Bubba and I spent the afternoon at the farm yesterday picking apples and cleaning up a bit. We have 1 apple tree and we picked 4 five gallon pails of apples! Bubba’s got some work cut out for her processing them all lol.

Spruce Meadows is such a beautiful place QDub! When I had my Suffield Wild Pony, the Association asked me if I would take him and show him at a show there. Chino wasn’t fully trained, but he was coming along quite nicely and I wasn’t sure how he’d react to the crowds and many other horses that would be around because he was still a stud. I explained that to the Association directors, but they said I was one of the few that had a SWP already under saddle. So I took him anyway and be danged if we didn’t come in first place in the Working Horse category! It was quite an experience, and the facilities there are world class! Tell Mrs QDub not to worry, she’ll be just fine!

Sunday’s quote hit home with me [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Y’all know that I like to acknowledge milestones and birthdays, but they aren’t any more important than any other day. Everyday we go to bed sober should be a celebration. Real success isn’t marked by milestones and birthdays, real success is measured each and every day that we stay sober. There is no “final day” for us, we have to take each day and turn it into a success because there is no end to our journey. All we can do is stay on the right path and enjoy the ride!

Dignity, what is dignity…. Well, Wikipedia says Dignity is the right of a person to be valued and respected for their own sake, and to be treated ethically. Just how does one earn respect? For me, earning the respect of others means treating them like I’d like to be treated and I sure didn’t do that while I was drinking. And I still have a ways to go in earning the respect of others. But if we treat everyone the way we want to be treated, dignity and respect will follow….
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Such a good quote today. When I drank it was always the disappointment in myself that was the worst. Even one glass of wine would bring on that self loathing. Who needs that crapola!?

What I want.... Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, check out Spruce Meadows online. It’s a fabulous place as Cowboy confirms. Since opening, the founders have done an excellent job in bringing world class events to the Calgary area and they’ve kept prices very reasonable.

I can understand why ladies fret about having house guests. I’ve been trying to convince Mrs QW that hiring a cleaning person would be a great idea but so far I’ve met with resistance. I think she feels she’d have to spend the day before the cleaner was here cleaning the house!
            I’ve always said that guests better be coming to see us and not the house! I try to do my part but there are some things my bad back won’t let me do.
            Anyway, I’m doing my best to ensure that she has a stress free time with our guests.

Had an email from my son in Australia to wish me a Happy Fathers Day! Gotta love Oz!

Hope everyone enjoys Labour Day af.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wishing everyone a nice day!
              Great quote, Dill.. thank you.
              I'm also a stress case when guests are coming.. mostly because it's the only time I clean, so it's a full days work!
              I hope you all have a nice visit, QW!
              ok. I've got a late dinner on the stove.. so here's to another 24 af hours for all of us.xx

Comment

What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as
                what you become by achieving your goals.

~Zig Ziglar

Circling back to the idea of dignity: You get your dignity back when you become more in control of yourself. Alcohol abuse is a loss of self control. It is difficult to respect anyone who is out of control of themselves. I have always valued self control and also to the degree insuring my safety and well-being, control of the circumstances around me. I am not necessarily a controlling person by any means. In fact, that is not me at all. I have enough trouble controlling myself! I don't need to be in control of others as well! LOL What I get by being af is respect for myself.

QW, I learned a long time ago that I needed help cleaning. When I was working full time I just didn't want to be spending my free time cleaning! So I got over the hump of having someone come in and see my mess. I find that the cleaning ladies I have had over the years are not in the least judgmental of me. They understand that that's what they are there for: making my space as cleanly as I wish I had time or energy to make it! However, I do find that having them is a benefit also in that I keep my place neat. I pick up and put things away so that they can clean more efficiently and don't have to work around my mess! LOL I hope you can convince Mrs. QW to give it a try sometime, especially in light of her Parkinson's.

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Your up at the crack of dawn [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Must be a coffee shop day eh? Loved the quote this morning. Too many people are worried about what they can "get" by reaching their goals, but in reality the changes from within are far more important.

Lots and lots of coyotes howling in the hills this am. I usually only hear one or two packs at a time but today there were several serenading in many different locations. So very cool!

I recently have been bitten by the genealogy bug and have spent A LOT of time researching my ancestors. As I found out more about each relation, I wondered what their lives were like, and how many of them were alcoholics. I suspect quite a few.

Asking for another 24 hours for myself and everyone else. Thank you very much!

Have a great day my friends!

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

No frost last night thank goodness, probably because of all the clouds...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Great quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it sure sums up sobriety for me!

When I first got sober, I had this idea in my head that life would be so much easier and I'd have a lot less problems. True enough, some of my problems disappeared, the one that were caused by my drinking. And life did get a bit easier, not having to lie and hide the fact that I was drinking so much. But pretty much the rest stayed the same, except for the person that I've become. I'm a better person than the one I was even before my drinking became a problem! I learned so much about myself as I was getting sober and set out to change the person that I was into someone I could be proud of...

Comment

5:24 am in Vegas another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sunny and still hot. And will continue to be.
                          Spruce Meadows looks beautiful. I've been to the Rolex 3-day event at the Kentucky horse park a few times, even got to see English royalty ride there.
                          24 more please

Comment

Grandkids before school today so quick flyby....
                            Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

In advance of our company arriving today, I bought beer from the store I used to frequent. It felt weird but I can honestly say I wasn’t tempted in the least. The manager was happy to see me and commented that he hadn’t seen me in a while! I think he misses the money I used to waste.

Much cooler here today and a few signs of fall are appearing. A few trees at the lake my little buddy and I walk around have changed colour. While I actually enjoy the cooler temperatures, I know that fall and winter aren’t far away.

Hope everyone enjoyed the Labour Day weekend and is enjoying an af Tuesday.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Pretty quiet on the back porch this morning other than the late summer insects buzzing away. I's a sound that I've always enjoyed, with cooler temps and beautiful Fall foliage on the way. Still hot and muggy today though, with a predicted high of 92.

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X