Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cool today but no snow. We didn’t miss snowfall by much when we toured through the mountains a few days ago. Hard to believe that a week ago we watched show jumping at Spruce Meadows in shorts weather. We have a favourite saying about our weather, If you don’t like the weather, wait 15 minutes and it’ll change.

Hope everyone enjoys an af POETS Day!

QW
    Last edited by Quit wining; September 14, 2018, 09:24 AM.
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I had trouble getting on the site this morning, so it's a later than usual check in for me today. It's a beautiful fall day with no snow in sight! How has that snow affected your harvesting, cowboy?

We are back at the hay mowing here now and hoping to get finished before hurricane Florence reaches our state which I think will be Monday or Tuesday. It will be a rain event and probably nothing more at that point, thankfully.

24 more please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post

You're right Pauly, last night when I tried to log in I kept getting an error message "this website has exceeded it's resource limit". Upon further investigation, it appears we are close to using up our server space. This could happen for many reasons; hackers, spammers, or we've simply just used up the amount of server space we pay for. I'm sure we'll see an explanation from the site [MENTION=10546]Forum Manager[/MENTION] or [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION] and suggestions on what we can do to help.
        Our hosts are experiencing some technical issues. It is not long term and should be resolved soon. I am not party to the actual cause but some sort of bandwidth issue seems likely. I am not sure the "hackers and spammers" suggestion is helpful and should probably be left on google!

Originally posted by Forum Manager View Post
        [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] I have absolutely no idea how or why that error message is happening, but our technical guru [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION] should be able to explain. :egad:
        The hosts are working as quickly as they can to deal with this issue. As per the announcement, I was rather hoping this would have been sorted without too many issues but it appears to be taking longer than they anticipated.

EDIT: FWIW Currently the Forum does not seem *that* slow.
        Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the information and explanation [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION]!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Saturday morning, cool and breezy.. have loved the quotes this week, AB!
            Here's to 24 af hours!

Comment

Nice and cool this morning but the mid 80's and humid is the forecast for later. Not my favorite, but could always be worse!

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

A little humid with high in the mid to upper 80's today. Hard to think of snow when it's this hot here.
                Was unable to check in the past few days, not because of site technical difficulties, but technical issues of my own. I landed in the ER after passing out Thursday morning.
                Seems I have divitriculitis. Things presented as a heart attack, or diabetic emergency, so I was taken by ambulance. Mrs V thought is was the big one, and was more than a little freaked out. But she held it together to call 911 and deal with the emergency. I'll be fine, a week of antibiotics, and a few changes in the diet. It's possibly a one time thing, but I do have to watch the diet.
                The good thing is, my ticker is good, as I've now had all the tests to diagnose any heart issues. CT scan, Echocardiogram, etc.
                Freaked me out as well.
                Hope everyone is well.
                24 more here please.

Comment

"A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop." - Robert Hughes

Thanks [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] for sending me those great quotes to use this past week!

Still raining, but not near as bad as what the Carolina's are getting. We've been shut down combining for over a week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and from the looks of the forecast it's going to be at least another week before it dries up enough to get back in the fields. What that means is a lot of 18 - 20 hour days ahead of me when harvest does get going again!

6:35am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I've been trying to pm you [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] to remind you that it's your week starting tomorrow, but I keep getting error messages! Anyway, it's short notice again I know, but it's your week starting tomorrow...

Is anyone else having trouble pm'ing or looking at someone's profile?

Comment

How scary Mr. V! Diverticulitis isn't fun, but it's sure better than a heart attack! Hope that this is a one time occurrence and that you heal well!

Thanks Cowboy (and Rava) for the quotes this past week....lot's of meaning there for sure.

Feeling a little off this morning....nothing major, but reminiscent of a doozy of a hang over. Really don't miss those days!

Have a great Saturday all! Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Great to hear you're feeling better Mr V, anytime our body tries to tell us something we should sit up and take notice. A slight change in diet is a whole lot better than the alternative lol.

Those "blahsy" days seem to hit us all from time to time Jude, but they pass and life becomes great again!

I'll have to spend some time reading back, with the site problems over the past few days I'm sure I've missed a few things!

Comment

Feeling the same way Jude I think I caught my daughters cold,Mr.V how scary! I didn't know an attack of that could be so bad cuz it's a pretty common condition,glad you're ok 5:53 am in Vegas another 24 please
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

To answer your question, I tried getting into my PM mailbox to see if I could send/receive PM, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. No, I could not. I got a message marked 'database error'. At least as of this morning.

I got the same message when I tried to view your profile page.
                            Last edited by dill; September 15, 2018, 08:21 AM.
                            Dill

Comment

I've let the [MENTION=23772]Administrator[/MENTION] know about the issue [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] with a "copy and paste" of the error message, hopefully the server hosts are getting everything patched up. How's the second cutting going?

Comment

Morning all! Had a little trouble getting in this am too. Makes me a little panicky! Another reason I like connecting outside this forum. I know I have a back up. I worked in technology for 20+ years at our community college. Stuff happens!

Mr V, sorry to hear about the health issues. Sounds like you know what to do and have a plan!

Hope you all have a great AF weekend. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X