No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:45am in Alberta,24 more for me please, and thanks...

Lots of stars in the sky this morning, hopefully it'll be a clear, warm day!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Last edited by abcowboy; September 19, 2018, 06:43 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I guess "saving ourselves" is the opposite of "giving up on ourselves", and I know that giving up on yourself is far easier than trying to save ourselves. Thankfully none of us here are giving up or we wouldn't be here. So no giving up eh!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:38 am in Vegas another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Quiet day here in N.Y. ......nothing wrong with that!

It takes a lot of work to "save ourselves" ...that's what all of us here are trying to do. (with a little help from our friends of course!

Committing to another 24 and thank you!

Comment

Yep! Saving ourselves one day at a time. 24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Yaarrrrgggghhhhh! Happy International Speak Like a Pirate Day mateys! I’m sipping coffee from my mug purchased from the Pirate Coffee Company in Oregon while listening to the Last Saskatchewan Pirate by the Arrogant Worms. Shiver me timbers!

My little buddy and I enjoyed our early morning walk in cool but dry conditions. There was a heron flying around the lake this morning, ever nice to see.

Hope everyone enjoys this special Wednesday, af free.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wow it's hot here! I'm ready for Fall temperatures.
                24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Same here, Dill! It is so darn warm still.. though we're trying to enjoy it, 'cause next week the temp's (C°) will be the half of what they are today.. 15 instead of 30. yikes!
                  Wish I'd known it was Pirate Day, QW.. I'll begin my day with a Pirate's coffee tomorrow.. what might that look like?

""Running away from an emotion is a sure way to carry it with you.""-- she recovers

Here's to facing our emotions head on and to dealing with what must be dealt with.. and to another 24 af hours..xx
                  Last edited by lifechange; September 19, 2018, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Wow [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], you quotes so far this week have described my former life to a tee, if I wasn't running away from my emotions, I was burying them as deep as I could!

Comment

Well, I didn't stay out on the back porch this morning as it was pretty darn chilly!

Last night the hubs brought home a bottle of wine, which set off the old cravings. I can ignore the beer in the frig, but wine is a different story all together. I was so tempted to have a glass, but then I remembered how I felt the first time that I got drunk after 9 years of sobriety. I was disappointed in myself for sure and inundated with the feeling of failure, but the strongest emotion was one of fear. I was terrified of where this night of drinking would take me, and I knew in my heart that I would once again live in the prison that is alcoholism. Sure enough, I went directly to jail for the next eight years. Those memories kept me from taking that first sip of wine, and I am so thankful that they did. One of the things that helps me to stay sober is being acutely aware of how vulnerable I am, and in the long run, I'm the only one to make that decision to drink or not.

I'm grateful to still be AF this morning, never want to go back to that hell again!

Always be vigilant my friends!

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

My gosh, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! What possessed the Mr.? I am very impressed with you walking away from an innocent looking bottle of wine. It seems so simple sitting there....what could be the harm?.....I'm so glad you are strong enough in your quit to put it in proper perspective. That 'innocent' looking bottle could have been deadly to you. Mr. J must have a lot of confidence in you....and apparently it was well placed!:goodjob:

I wish some of that cool weather would come my way! The weather report is calling for another 2 days of higher than normal temps. Supposed to cool down after that. I was shocked to hear them talk about the autumnal equinox being tomorrow. It feels like mid summer here!

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

My gosh, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! What possessed the Mr.? I am very impressed with you walking away from an innocent looking bottle of wine. It seems so simple sitting there....what could be the harm?.....I'm so glad you are strong enough in your quit to put it in proper perspective. That 'innocent' looking bottle could have been deadly to you. Mr. J must have a lot of confidence in you....and apparently it was well placed!:goodjob:

I wish some of that cool weather would come my way! The weather report is calling for another 2 days of higher than normal temps. Supposed to cool down after that. I was shocked to hear them talk about the autumnal equinox being tomorrow. It feels like mid summer here!

Dill

Comment

6:30am in Alberta, another24 for me please, and thanks...

We could sure use some of that heat [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! Cool and cloudy again this morning...lots of snow and rain in the forecast for the weekend...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:38 am in Vegas another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], My hubs drinks nightly. Just one, maybe two but still.... It's a small nightly battle just because I watch the ritual. Glad you were strong and able to work past the thoughts. I'm a message away if you need me!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X