No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm, let me see, white sheep, black sheep, now the big bad wolf!! lol, just kidding [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION]! Great to see you checking in!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yep [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], all 3 girls raid the freezer when they come home! They stock up on meat and the many different Ukrainian foods that are always plentiful in our deep freeze. The two oldest are in Vancouver so we wrap everything in newspaper, then that is wrapped in a towel and put in a heavy-duty cardboard box. It stays frozen in the cargo hold of the plane with no problem!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

“The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese proverb

Cold, windy and rainy here in N.Y. .... no porch time today I'm afraid.

Quick check in today, just long enough to ask for another 24 hours and thanks!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Wow, 2 days of sunshine! Then back to rain and snow...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7261]Guitarista[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Hi all! Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Another awesome quote, Jude! It's true 20 years ago would have been better, but there's no time like the present. What's amazing is how fast those 20 years seem to fly in retrospect but in looking forward twenty years seems impossible. But no need to worry about that for the moment. 24 hours is all I need.:happy2:
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

You are all so funny with the sheep references! Love it.
                Thanks for the great quotes, Jude..
                Wishing everyone a good 24 af hours. xx

Comment

Budweiser going into the combine

Budweiser coming out of the combine

And not one drop in the cab lol

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We had a great visit with our son yesterday. I was glad we went to a buffet as he ate a ton! Great to see him. And he appreciated his care package.

It was a beautiful day here today and I wasted much of it trying to figure out how to connect a new wireless printer. Anyway, the printer works!

Hope everyone enjoyed a great af Tuesday!

Great harvest pics Cowboy!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“Experience is not what happens to you, it is what you do with what happens to you.” – Aldous Huxley

Such a short, simple sentence, but so full of meaning. The power to change has always been within us, but the goal is often not realized due to our lack of confidence in ourselves. For me, that's the hardest part of being an alcoholic, and realizing that I am truly worthy of sobriety. We all are!

I had my first drinking dream last night, (at least that I can remember) and I awoke feeling sheepish and terrified. Once I realized that it was just a dream, relief flooded through me. I'm so thankful for that, but it brought back with stunning clarity the hell that was my life before I found sobriety. Thank you all for your words of encouragement, and for sharing your own stories here on MWO!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Be glad it was just a bad dream, Jude. I went astray for real last night and I have the feelings of remorse and of just plain defeat for a real reason. I don't know why I can't seem to get this right. What I do know is that I am right back here today and will not become the lost sheep I once was. I don't want that. I'm going to stick with you all. Just being with you all has helped me get in more sober time than I ever would on my own. I wonder if I also need to join a group or go to counselling. I'm going to look into that and insurance, etc.

Humbly asking for today.
                        Last edited by dill; September 26, 2018, 07:24 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Cloudy but warn this morning out at the farm, hopefully will get in another full day of harvesting!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Dill, I'm so sorry to hear that, as I (we all) know how it feels to let ourselves down. :hug: You know to go easy on yourself the next couple of days.. don't let one day turn into more. If you feel like sharing, what were the circumstances that led to a drink? You will learn from this and it will help you next time.

Jude, thank you for the quote.. I love Aldous..

Here's to another 24 af hours.. let's do what ever we need to do to make it a good one. There is no good reason to drink.. no reason at all..xx

Comment

Sorry to hear, Dill but you are right back here! That's what matters.

Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

You know what [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], today is a darn good day to plant a tree! And I mean literally! Go to town and buy a spruce or pine seedling, or whatever tree strikes your fancy. And nourish that tree everyday just like you have to do with your sobriety. Water it, fertilize it, protect it from the elements and predators just like you have to do with your sobriety. And as it grows, watch how you grow, you’ll mature and spread your roots just like that seedling, and just imagine that you’ll be as healthy and strong as that tree is 20 years from now!

Maybe you need more than what MWO can give you, this conversation is going in in the Army thread right now. I know AA and online weren’t enough for me, I kept going back to the beer. But a few sessions with a counselor made all the difference. I never thought I could open up to a complete stranger but it was either that or one day I really would drink myself to death.

You never give up and that shows that you want to quit, maybe just a little boost is all you need to get you back on track…:hug:

Comment

Working...
                                X