No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” – Dr. Seuss
    Sometimes in life we believe we can’t find the answer to our problems. But maybe it is the wrong question we are asking. Instead of always looking for the right answer, ask yourself if you are asking the right question.

-2C (27F) Clear and cold this morning, had to plug the kettle in and go thaw the waterline to the camper this morning lol.

5:55am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Looks like everyone's hungry, so a big breakfast this morning!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

6:25 am in Vegas another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Looks delicious, abcowboy! I’ll take a plate and 24 hour AF, please!

Comment

Still busy with family this morning! Doing it AF! Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Awesome brekkie Cowboy! Thanks!

A beautiful late fall morning here. Cool and fresh when we walked. I just hope that in late fall we get the weather were supposed to have now!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Late check in, but I'll finish the 24 with you all. I was like you, Mr. V in that I didn't drink until after work which for me was around 4:00pm. But once I started I kept a glass going until I passed out in bed for the night. The scary thing was that I was starting to move that start time earlier and earlier in the day on the weekends. Retirement would have been a real nightmare if I hadn't turned myself around.

Grateful for today and the rest of my 24!:happy2:
                Last edited by dill; September 30, 2018, 04:48 PM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Great to have you back Pauly! I look forward to your “smiley face” every morning!

And a big warm welcome to [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] for stopping in here at the Club and Café. I’ve read your posts and think you’ll be giving as much support and advice as much as the support and advice that you can receive here. Our rules are pretty simple, like most any corner Café, conversation can be about most anything except politics, no political talk here please. We have a simple motto, treat everyone the same way you expect to be treated. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Sounds like your fall is the kind that [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] and I are hoping to see in our parts of the world [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. The autumn colors are beautiful, and out in the country the wildlife gets much more active. Snapped these photos on my way out to the field, the big guy following mamma and baby around with lovestruck eyes lol.

Didn’t get a chance to mention you all, my pillow is calling my name. Hopefully will get a chance to touch base with the rest of the gang tomorrow…
                  Last edited by abcowboy; October 1, 2018, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Great pics, AB.. I miss seeing Moose friends.
                    Wishing everyone a lovely Un-hung Monday..
                    Here's to 24 more af hours for all of us.!

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Cowboy! I would love to be able to see moose like that. And I meant to comment on your quote yesterday. Sometimes the answers are complicated but can be broken down into smaller or more simple pieces. But your point about asking the right questions is spot on, too. I suppose that's what a good counsellor or a good friend can lead you to...the right questions.

:welcome: [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION]!
                      A quiet and peaceful morning here waiting for the dawn of another beautiful, sunny Autumn day. 24 hours please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] !
                        Happy sober morning, all! I’d like to order another 24 hour AF, please. The last one was great. Heading off to work with a clear but groggy head this AM.

Comment

Another great day on tap here.
                          Working today.
                          Damn car won't start, not sure what's wrong, turns over fine, and there is gas...
                          Nice pics Cowboy, Moose in the rare animal we don't see around here.
                          Welcome Apatite, stop by for a cup anytime you need a refill.
                          24 more here please.

Comment

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” – Mae West
                            Everybody only has one life, but if we live it to the fullest and get everything we want out of it, then once is enough.

6:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

0C (32F) but cloudy, no rain or snow though! Got to sleep in a bit this morning, waiting for the big boss to bring out a bearing for my combine so probably won't get started making dust till around 10.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great pics of the moose Cowboy! Sadly I find myself taking these things for granted. When touring my sister and brother in law through the mountains, I stopped the car so they could take photos of a bull elk. I stayed in the car because I’ve seen hundreds of bull elk. Mistake. This animal was magnificent and he posed for the tourists. I should have taken photos too.

Dill, my drinking time started getting earlier every day and frequently I’d be looking at the clock around 2-3 to see how much longer I’d have to wait to pour the first one. It’s 5 o’clock somewhere! I really don’t miss that. Now every day at 4 my little buddy comes to get me because “it’s time to get the mail”. To her that means she gets to go for a walk!

Hope everyone enjoys their Monday, af.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Monday morning all. Made it through the family time af. Yay! Heading south a week from today, if all goes well with the well drilling.

Welcome to the cafe, [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION]!

Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X