• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

6:40 am in Vegas another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Love the moose pics Cowboy! Wish we had some here, but we'd have to drive North for a couple of hours to the Adirondack Mountains to see any.

I used to wait until 5:00pm to start drinking, but as things progressed, it was common for me to have a couple of bloody Mary's first thing in the morning before work. The thirst became round the clock, and it didn't really matter to me what time it was. I was truly a mess....so much more at peace with myself these days.

Good to see you back [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]!

Another 24 for myself and anyone else who needs it!

Comment

A cool and cloudy morning here in N.Y.

Yesterday morning I awoke to total darkness due to a major power outage. My alarm didn't go off, so of course, I was late for work. We have a well which meant no water. We also had no heat, and as I was staggering around in the dark and shivering, I realized how lucky I was to have those amenities on a daily basis. I guess my point is that we take so many things for granted, which after time, can include our sobriety. I believe that in my previous nine year quit, I did just that, and became vulnerable to feelings of overconfidence. I felt like I was "cured" and could handle a drink now and then. Well, I don't have to tell all of you how that worked out! So here I am, a little over a year sober, but a little wiser, and more vigilant than ever. With my last quit, I had no support whatsoever, whereas this time around, I have all of you wonderful people! Cherish your sobriety for the gift that it is, and always remain grateful.

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Thanks for that heartfelt and thoughtful post, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. It was a really good reminder. :love:

Things were calm and peaceful this morning out on the deck. I wish I could have lingered. Soon it will be too cold in the mornings to sit outside with my coffee.

24 please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] !
            And thanks for the reminder, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]
            I had stopped doing sobriety maintenance and I was doing it alone. That’s gonna change this time around. Starting with another fill up of 24, please and thank you.

Comment

Warm and a little overcast this morning, 74F. Heat's coming back for the rest of the week, may be near 87F, 31C by the weekend. We had no spring here, looks like not much of fall either, as far as temperatures go.
              24 more please.

Comment

Hi everyone!
                Thanks for the great reminder, Jude.. It's so good for me to keep in the forefront that sobriety is indeed the biggest gift I can give myself! Most of the time I feel that way! But every once in a while I forget, especially when I'm overly tired as I am now!.. and then it's so nice to sign on here and immediately feel community, support.. I love being part of this group.:love:

Here's to the rest of another af day! And a nap!xx

Comment

“In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life, it goes on.” – Robert Frost
                  Life can be hard and it does not stop for anybody. The three words he uses can be used to perfectly describe the lives we live.

6:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Just below freezing here, too darn cold! Send up some of that heat will ya [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:45 am in Vegas another 24 please
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Life does go on! [MENTION=1075]jude[/MENTION], great thoughts this morning. Thanks for sharing.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I spent 30 minutes this morning getting re-acquainted with the snow shovel.

It’s a good day to stay indoors and catch up on some reading, maybe in front of the fireplace.

Have a great af Tuesday! Apatite, great to see you here!!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good Lord [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I think you’ll need more than the magic shovel! This is our daughter’s car down in Calgary!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cowboy, at least the forecasters called it. And it’s still snowing!

Hope your daughter stayed safe at home today.

Off to spend more quality time with my shovel.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Oh my Gosh! I can't believe you're already getting so much snow, QW.. is that normal? I can't imagine.. it just became October. I hope you have a special shovel..
                              I was just thinking that our weather (a bit of rain and wind) was reason to stay inside and get cozy.. but you all up there in Canada really have reason..

Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us..

Comment

Holy cow! That's a lot of snow this early in the season isn't it? Living in the lake effect snow region we get tons of the white stuff, but never this early on!

Asking for another 24 hours and thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X