~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Wow that is a lot of snow! I live in MN and it hasn't dropped below freezing yet. I hope you get shoveled out and that's it for a bit!

Good morning! I'd like a fill er up on another 24 please, and thanks much!

Comment

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all” – Oscar Wilde
      Existing is what everybody does. Living, now that is truly rare. People who wake up every day feeling blessed with another day to be alive are the ones that are truly living on this earth.

6:40am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-6C (22F) here this morning, but thankfully no snow like Calgary got! Need to plug the kettle in and get the water thawed out lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:51 am in Vegas another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Still warm here, lol! That's a lot of snow!
          Yes, the main reason I quit drinking was so that I could live, and not merely exist. Anybody can just exist, I takes work to live, but oh so worth it.
          24 more here please.

Comment

Now I know why our Canadian snowbird friends always beat us to Arizona every year!!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

LC, this much snow this early in the fall is unusual. Last year at this time we had a few days above 30C. Our favourite saying here is “If you don’t like the weather, wait 15 minutes and it’ll change”. BTW, this won’t stop me from barbecuing, it just takes a little longer in cold temperatures!
              I think though that it’s time to hire someone to deal with the snow as I’m getting too old.

Ginger, going somewhere warm for the winter would be nice and Arizona would be our first choice if we could. We’ve been to Phoenix and Sedona a couple of times and loved everything about it with the exception of burning my fingers on a seat belt buckle in 117F temps!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone. I’m off to shovel.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It took me awhile to get read back, but now in a field that pretty much combines itself so I can see what’s been happening here. I’ve been so darn busy (they tell me “busy” is the new word for “lazy” lol) that I’ve just been doing my regular check-ins.

I’m not going to get into my drinking times/habits cause y’all know that to me any hour was happy hour, if you were awake, you should be drinking! There’s just something wrong if you need to have a drink to start your day and I still do, but now it’s coffee.

I don’t think there is any one answer as to why we’re alcoholics [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], just like there is no one solution. Of course we all want that answer to be “you’re not an alcoholic, you just have to control your drinking”, but we all know that we don’t have that control. So we’re left looking for more answers when we should really be looking for more solutions. That’s what my counselor pointed out to me, why are you so worried about finding out why you’re an alcoholic, why not just accept it and look for solutions that you thought alcohol was giving you. Still complicated, but a whole lot easier to deal with on a daily basis.

I agree [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], we do take so many things for granted, and we don’t realize it until they are taken away from us or we see someone less fortunate. And that’s where gratitude comes in, being grateful every day! Which reminds me, I should get over to the gratitude thread pdq!

I don’t know about these changing weather patterns peoples, but I’m thinking the changes are here to stay. It’s the third year that we’ve been dealing with wet, cold harvests with each one getting progressively worse. I think Mother Earth is finally fed up with the way we’ve been treating her and got her sister Mother Nature to teach us all a lesson lol.

Well, we’re just about finished this field and it will be time to move to another. This field officially puts us just over 50% done. Still a ways to go, but the end is getting closer!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Breezy and mild this morning with no snow in sight!

Hang in there [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]......you must be getting pretty tired after putting in all of those crazy hours! Just think of all the mouths that will be fed because you and so many others put in all that hard work. I am always grateful to the farmers that put food on our table, sadly, they are often overlooked. People walk into the grocery stored, buy their meat wrapped in plastic, or veggies in cans. They have no idea the hard work and sacrifice that so many farmers endure to put food and other products on the shelves. Kinda sad...

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

On gratitude: This morning as I woke up, I promptly spilled a full glass of water, tripped over a slipper, and stepped in dog urine. I grumbled, then swore, then swore more loudly.
                    So this morning I thought on how grateful I am for the things that annoy me. This morning, they were just a reminder that I have fresh running water, a warm home, and cute (but incontinent) dogs.

It was so good yesterday that I'll have another refill of 24 AF, please and thanks much!

Comment

“Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect.” – Margaret Mitchell
                      Life is unfair sometimes. We can’t expect too much from life or we may be let down. All we can do is work as hard as we can to achieve a life we enjoy. Don’t expect anything, but believe in achieving everything you want.

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Cold, cold, and more cold, with no end in sight!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Originally posted by Apatite
                        On gratitude: This morning as I woke up, I promptly spilled a full glass of water, tripped over a slipper, and stepped in dog urine. I grumbled, then swore, then swore more loudly.
                        So this morning I thought on how grateful I am for the things that annoy me. This morning, they were just a reminder that I have fresh running water, a warm home, and cute (but incontinent) dogs.
                        I had to laugh when I read that, then realized you're right! We don't always have to be grateful for the good things, sometimes the annoying things teach us about gratitude!

Comment

74F this morning already. A small cold front moving through today, might lower temps a few degrees, then back into the high 80 for the weekend.
                          Today's quote got me thinking of all the privileged here in the states. I could even be considered one of them. But I find them so annoying just the same, I just want to smack them, sometimes. Everything does not have to go your way.
                          Grateful to have what I have, and I don't want to destroy it.
                          24 more hours of gratitude and sobriety please.

Comment

5:57 am in Vegas another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Boy, were these posts meaningful this morning! Funny how that works.

Yesterday the well driller got down 176 ft with no water! Keep going today and hope for the best. $$$$

Dog wanted out at mid-night and came back covered in skunk spray. Outside bathtime at 1am in 45 degree temps. FUN!

So glad I got through it AF! This morning I'm grateful for my sobriety and for all of you and the support you provide.

Here's to another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

One of my favorite sights at this time of year is that of the birds gathering for their journeys south. Here's a video of murmurations of starlings:

So very awesome!

Sorry for my absence yesterday. I guess I just got busy! Grateful for 24 hours yesterday and asking for 24 more today, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X