~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Beautiful [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and one of my favorite songs! That made my day! :thumbs::thumbs:

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I thought I was having one of those days but felt much better after reading posts from Apatite and Ginger. Thanks!

Cool and cloudy here today, at least there’s nothing to shovel!

Awesome photo of the birds Dill!

Have a great Thursday, af, everyone.

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; October 4, 2018, 01:14 PM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy Friday all! Asking for another sober 24 hours. Thank you very much!

Comment

Warm, and getting hot today.
          3 long days of work this weekend, but the pay is good.
          Love watching the Starlings, Dill. First time I saw them, I was in high school and had just moved to rural Kentucky. We had a house overlooking the Ohio river, and the birds, by the thousands, would do their dance over the river. Amazing to watch.
          Gotta get going this morning. If I don't check in for a few days, I'll be super busy.
          24 more please.

Comment

“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” – Soren Kierkegaard
            Life tales are told about the past. Stories and old memories are all from a life lived earlier. However, life cannot be lived this way. Life has to be lived going forward and reminisced about backwards.

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I love today's quote [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! :happy2: We must not forget the past , but learn from it. We must learn not only from our own stories but from the collective stories of lives lived today, in the recent past, and over the millennium. It's all there, all we need to know about how to live a good and productive life. We need to have the wisdom (and sometimes strength) to use that knowledge. And we must continue to strive even when we fall short.

One thing I have learned: I can make this day mine and I don't need to worry about the rest! 24 more for me, please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; October 5, 2018, 06:45 AM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I sure am glad that life can only be lived forward! Although I wouldn't give up one day of the life I've lived, I'm thrilled that today is still wide open to possibilities. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] , I've never seen Starling murmuration before- it's completely amazing!

I'll take another cuppa 24 AF - extra strong for the weekend, please and thank you!!

Comment

5:55 am in Vegas another 24 please
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Love the quote, AB! and the Starling video, Dill.. beautiful. Thank you both.
                    Here's to 24af hours and a wonderful weekend!

Comment

What's that saying? Something like "Those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it." Sounds about right. Great quote, Cowboy.

Dill, that video was amazing!

Happy Friday all! Crazy last few days around here before we hit the road. Lots of chores and family time before we leave Monday.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Safe travels Ginger. Look forward to hearing that you’re safely off the road.

Dill, Canon in D by Pachelbel is one of my favourite pieces of music. Many years ago when I was doing wedding photography, my Pachelbel CD saved the day when the bride & groom realized they didn’t have the CD (best man forgot it!) with their chosen music. We were in a remote location in Jasper, they had the CD player so the bride walked down the “aisle” to this beautiful music. Hearing it echo in the valley where we were was truly beautiful.

Hope everyone enjoys their Friday, af of course.

QW
                        Last edited by Quit wining; October 5, 2018, 11:42 AM.
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thank you for the quotes this week Cowboy! They really do help us understand and deal with our problems, and often give us a different perspective on our lives.

Looking forward to another 24 and thank you very much!

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], hearing Canon in D by Pachelbel reverberating throughout the valley would have been nothing short of magical! Good thing you were there to save the day! And [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] I am still enjoying the imagery you shared of watching the starlings over the river. When I see them it is usually over harvested corn fields or soy bean fields, which is beautiful too. But somehow adding the element of water.... [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION], I see you are in the Midwest so it seems you should see starlings sometime. Perhaps you need to take a trip out to the countryside at harvest time...

I'm not sure what I'll get up to today, but one thing I am sure of: it will be af. 24 more, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Still hot, lol! And will be for the next few days.
                              About wiped out after work yesterday, in the sun all day, and will be again for the next two. Lots of water and a good night's sleep sure helped. In the past I would have drank hard after a day like yesterday, and would be even more dehydrated, and tired from lack of good sleep. Grateful I don't have to worry about that!
                              Now where's my sunscreen?
                              Love the floating rock Avatar [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION].
                              I think the Starlings are more of a southern thing, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], never saw them growing up in Cleveland, or in NJ. I really don't know, just a personal observation.
                              24 more please!

Comment

“Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
                                Life should not be lived trying to find yourself and hoping. Life should be lived using your given talents to create whatever life you wish to lead. Don’t just wish for your dreams to come true, make them come true.

6:45am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Still cold, and that's creating more problems for harvest! We finished up the last of the wheat yesterday and changed the combines over to do canola. Went and tried a field that the farm boss thought would be ready, and it wasn't even close! We need sun and heat to cure it and dry it down.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X