No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a bit of time this morning as I'm sitting in my favourite chair at home! I came back to town since we shut down so early last night and it doesn't appear that any of the canola is ready yet. We tried some of the standing canola with no luck, the farm boss is going this morning to get a sample of the swathed canola to see if it's maybe ready...

I meant to ask what was wrong with your car [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]? Used to be you could kind of troubleshoot vehicle problems, but not anymore lol.

When I read your post about the wedding [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], it brought back memories of the day Bubba and I got married. We also exchanged vows on a mountainside in the Canadian Rockies with the Banff Springs Hotel in the distance as a backdrop.

Crazy amount of birds [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Do you see flocks that large in your area? We get to see huge flocks of Canada and snow geese as they start their migration back south for the winter. We are also in the flyway for the Bald Eagles, truly a majestic bird!

I agree with Mr V [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION], unique avatar indeed! Any special reason for you choosing it?

It's Thanksgiving weekend up here in Canada, so spend some time giving thanks for all you've got. I agree Mr V, I think we all fall into that privileged category and need to remind ourselves that there are others less fortunate as ourselves. Think maybe it's time to make another big donation to our local food bank.
    Last edited by abcowboy; October 6, 2018, 08:07 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

6:16 am in Vegas another 24 please
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Love the quote today, Ab! What is not dreamt does not come to fruition! Waiting and hoping doesn't get the job done.
        I wish I was in wide open spaces more often, dill! I live surrounded by wooded lakes and streams. It's great for kayaking and hiking, but I don't see much of the horizon.
        I would have done the same thing, Mr Vervill - seeing a hard night's drinking as a reward for a hard day's work. I'm glad I saw through that trap- even though it took me a while.

I'll have another cuppa 24 AF, please and thank you!!

Comment

Just popped in here this morning to see what's up with everyone. 9:40 and I'll take another 24 please.
          HAppy thanksgiving [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!
          Last edited by Lizann; October 6, 2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Crazy busy so just popping in to ask for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

What depth did they finally find water [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]? When Bubba and I had the well drilled at the farm they hit water at about 75 feet, good water but only 1.5 gallons a minute. I told them I wanted at least 5 gallons a minute so they kept drilling and hit a 10 gallon a minute seam at 285 feet.

Thanks [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]! Thanks for stopping by, don’t be a stranger eh, lots of room here for you!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Just jumping on here to say hello and sign me up for 24 please!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another non-photographic accessory I used to carry to a wedding shoot was a small sewing kit. Many years ago, I had been hired to do a wedding at Jasper Park Lodge. The bride & groom were Italian and both came from large families.
                  Everything was going well with the pre-ceremony shots until, in the Suite where the bridal party was getting ready, the mother of the bride realized the hem of her dress had let go. The stress level went through the roof and in a language I didn’t understand!
                  I said to the Mom of one of the attendants that I had sewing supplies and gave her the kit which contained 24 small spools of thread, needles, pins, a thimble and scissors. She matched one spool to the colour of the dress and proceeded to repair the hem.
                  In a few minutes the stress level was back to normal. The rest of the day went well!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of the Canadians on MWO and enjoy the holiday af free!

QW
                  Last edited by Quit wining; October 6, 2018, 11:48 AM.
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], we are at 257 running 10-12 gpm. We will know the static level Monday. The driller isn't happy with the output because surrounding wells are running more in the 40 range. I think we are done though! Hubby feels like he's hemorrhaging money! Lol

Comment

Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.
                      ~Guy Finley

We have our granddaughter here again so it's another busy weekend. She is such a delight tho and I feel so blessed to be able to have her so often. We are working on a melty bead project using glow-in-the-dark beads and she is getting such delight out of it! (Melty beads by Perler are small plastic beads that you place on a pegboard to make a design. Then you use an iron to fuse them together.) Of course we have to work on it a little bit before bedtime when it is dark. We place the beads and then after a while we turn off all the lights. Such simple joy! So glad to be af and enjoying it to the fullest with her!

Hi [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION], nice to see you! Stop in today for some of [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]'s breakfast specials.

24 more please and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; October 7, 2018, 06:17 AM. Reason: addition
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]...love this morning 's quote! The ability to change is always there within us, we just have to overcome fear and doubt before we can clearly see the road to sobriety ahead of us.

Sitting on the back porch this morning enjoying the mild weather These warm days will soon be gone and I am grateful for every moment that I can spend outside.

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Rushing off to an early Sunday morning, but hopefully time for another cup of 24, please and thanks much!

Comment

6:40am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Got to use up that Thanksgiving turkey somehow, breakfast is ready!

Comment

Hi [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], nice to see you here! And even nicer to see you getting around the boards meeting and mingling!

How true that is [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], we're never to old to start over. All change or acceptance of change has to come from within.

We're headed out to Adam and Darcie's this afternoon for Thanksgiving supper. Youngest daughter is home from Calgary, and eldest daughter is home from Vancouver, so will only be missing one of the kiddo's. Then it'll be back to work for me tomorrow, either on the combine or at my regular job, no holiday Monday for me lol.

Sounds like a good well [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], 40 gpm is unheard of up here, 10 gpm is considered an exceptional well with most running 250 - 300 feet deep. The quality of water is what varies so much, but as long as you have a good producing well the water can be treated.

Comment

Working...
                                X