• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

6:39 am in Vegas,another 24 of freedom please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Love that quote!

I've had gkids this weekend too. They bring out the very best in me! I feel so blessed to be doing this sober.

Another big wrap up day then hitting the road in the morning. Travel prayers always welcome!

Thanks for your thoughts on the well [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! And thanks for breakfast. <3

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ &amp; another 24...

Great quote, Dill.. thank you. The girls used to love working with the Perler beads..fun!
        Thanks for the brekkie, too, AB. yumm!
        We had a gorgeous day today.. I was up before sunrise, drinking coffee on the balcony. This week should be more of the same.
        Here's to 24 more af hours for all of us!
        Wishing you all a lovely Sunday..xx

Comment

Loved the breakfast today [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving! Another 24 for me please!!!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Late check in for me. It’s a great time of year for watching sports - hockey, football, baseball and if that isn’t enough, there’s a Star Wars marathon on all weekend! So glad to enjoy it alcohol free.

Hope everyone had a great Sunday!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Still hot! Lol. Just finished a tough three days in the sun and heat at work, glad it's over with. No way to get out of the sun for me. Yesterday the temp hit 105F on the field where I was, scorcher.
              Cracked distributor cap on the car Cowboy, moisture getting in, causing it to misfire. Just went ahead and got a major tune-up, new plugs, wire, rotar and cap. It had probably been 100,000 miles or so since it had been done, so I was long over due, although the car had been running fine up to that point. Mrs V was hoping for a new car, lol! She's so disappointed, lol!
              Safe travels, [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!
              Wave to [MENTION=19302]Lizann[/MENTION]e and [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], stop by again! There's always something good here.
              Love the thought of the balcony, LC! As good as the porch sisters here, at least in my world!
              QW, the McGyver of the photo world, lol!
              Jude, was that horrible limo crash near you?
              Waves to everyone else.
              Mrs V and I have the day off together, yea! Doesn't happen often, lunch then a massage, treating ourselves!
              Going to take the next few days to go hiking in the mountains of Kentucky, Red River Gorge, if any of youse have heard of it.
              Pretty sure I won't have internet, so I won't be checking in, but no plans to drink. Last time I was there, it was a Dry county, no alcohol sales anyway.
              Another 24-72 for me please.

Comment

Good Monday morning. Just had my first weekend without alcohol in quite a while. Please add me for another 24 please.

Comment

We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort. ~Jesse Owens

But most things that are worthwhile take effort and determination, don't they. :happy2:

24 more please and thank you.
                  Last edited by dill; October 8, 2018, 06:13 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Still have to pinch myself every Monday morning! Sunday's were always my heaviest drinking day of the week, and I paid dearly for it on Monday morning.:hungover: Yet another reason to be thankful!

No@Mr. Vervill, the crash was 170 miles North of NYC and quite a bit South of where I live. So tragic....

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

I just read back. Safe travels, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! I'll be googling Red River Gorge.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

It's a clear and sunny Monday morning- at least in my mind. Glad to be starting the week sober.
                        Safe thoughts for everyone who is traveling or has loved ones on the road for the holiday.

Re: my avatar- I like it because although it looks like a floating miracle, the rock really has small eroded supports. Success often looks effortless and often attributed to luck, but it's no miracle.
                        Also, my name, Apatite, is a mineral that can be a gemstone or a source of phosphates. I'm always looking for a good rock for my collection

Another cuppa 24 AF, please and thanks much!

Comment

6:40am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

I was going to say Happy Thanksgiving this morning, but I'm changing that to Merry Christmas! Better send me up that magic shovel [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], we got about a foot of snow overnight and a snowfall warning still in effect!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Last edited by abcowboy; October 8, 2018, 08:00 AM.
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:47 am in Vegas another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hitting the road in the rain! Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Safe travels to both you and [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]!

Sometimes I think my sobriety is a dream come true [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], pinching myself to see if it is just a dream. But it's real, I'm real, and I'm getting better and better at it everyday!

Congrats on the AF weekend [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I'm sure it's just the beginning of a lifetime of sober weekends!

I'm always curious as to how and why people pick their names and avatars [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION], and I had to laugh at myself this morning because I thought your name was a play on "appetite" for one reason or another lol.

Interesting quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it tied in nicely on my day yesterday! We got quite the surprise yesterday when we got out to Adam & Darcie's, our third daughter also flew in to spend Thanksgiving at home! So we were all together for a wonderful family Thanksgiving dinner. We got into a discussion about my sobriety and how hard it was for me to quit, talked about zero alcohol drinks, and what being sober meant to me. I talked about the determination, self-discipline, and effort that it took to get and stay sober, but I also talked about how important support is as well. I could never have done it without the support of everyone who was behind me, helping and encouraging when things got a bit dicey. I also told them how much I loved them all, and that they are a big part of my continuing sobriety, that I remember all the hurtful things I said and did, and that will always remind me of what alcohol does to me. I am truly blessed to have the family that I have, and for all you wonderful people here!
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X