~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION], Hubs and I are rockhounds. Don't know much about it but we are always looking! Apatite is beautiful.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Sorry Cowboy, looks like the shovel is going to be needed here. Is it too early to be sick of winter? Only 3 months, 10 days, 22 hours, 33 minutes and 1 second until we go to Mexico.

Ginger, do you and your husband collect fossils? I have collected some interesting specimens including a small snail that is about 325 million years old.
      Near where we used to live is an erratic, a massive boulder nowhere near any other rocks. Next to it is a huge fossil of a snail. I put my size 12 shoe next to it and the snail is at least 3” wider than my shoe is long!
      Alberta is a great place for rockhounds. There are several areas in particular where dinosaur remnants are quite common. Check out the Royal Tyrrell Museum to see what I mean. I mentioned the museum a few months back and I know some cafe regulars did check out the website, I’m not sure if you were with the cafe at that time.

Off to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with our family.

Hope everyone has a great af Monday!

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; October 8, 2018, 11:45 AM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Ya [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I hear Cowtown is in for more as well! At least someone loves the snow lol.

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi everyone! AB, is that Hank? What a beauty! Can't believe the snow, really..
          Very sad about the tragic crash..
          Here's to another 24af hours for all of us.
          xx

Comment

Hi all! An uneventful 395 mile day. Not sure which route we are going tomorrow. Stay tuned!!

Comment

I'm looking forward to the future, and feeling grateful for the past.
              - Mike Rowe

Early morning for me...got to make the coffee! LOL! Coffee shop duty at the hospital today.

24 more, please and thank you.
              Last edited by dill; October 9, 2018, 04:23 AM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Wow, can't believe all the snow up north, still hot here, highs still in the upper 80's. Cold front coming Thursday though, 30 degree drop in temperatures.
                just a quick check in before I get on the road.
                Perfect quote this morning, Dill.
                peace to all, 24 more please.

Comment

You hit the nail on the head with this morning's quote dill. It's important to learn from and understand how past events in our lives can dictate the paths that we choose in the future.

Can't believe the snow that you are getting up there cowboy and QW! Right now it's a balmy 70 degrees and I'm writing this on the back porch. It's supposed to reach 80 degrees both today and tomorrow! You can keep the white stuff up there, although Hank seems to be enjoying it! The weather guys say that this warm front short lived, and that we may get some snow early next week, but nothing major like you guys are getting!

Another 24 please for myself and anyone else that needs it. Thank you!

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Hmm, don't think y'all need my weather report, cold and white!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] , [MENTION=1075]jude[/MENTION] , the quote spoke to me as well as I'm currently working through creating a soft landing spot for a permanently sober life. So much of that preparation is examining, accepting and feeling grateful for how I came to be here. And I'm very excited about the future- that's a big change from just a few weeks ago!

I feel for you up there with all this early snow! Last year we got a foot of snow in late April and it was cool through May. It's been mostly in the 40's (F) here, and I'm hoping it stays that way- hoping that early fall doesn't mean early winter!

I may have over extended myself a bit- today I'm playing pickleball during lunch, then have a business-related group meeting after work followed by meeting a friend for dinner. I'm sure it won't sound like so much once I get some coffee

Speaking of- another cuppa 24 AF hours for me please and thank you!!

Comment

Yep, that's my buddy Hank [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! His hair is slowly growing back, he's not to fond of the cold weather with missing his fur coat lol.

That's a good day of driving [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Do you and hubs plan your destinations or just go where the wind blows you?

Funny thing about the future, but as Ol' Abe said, it comes to us one day at a time. That's one thing getting sober taught me, don't look to far ahead. It's okay to make plans and goals, but we must also realize that things can change those plans and goals. If that happens, don't be too disappointed, make the necessary changes and keep moving forward!

Now someone tell me why I didn't clean all the snow off my truck yesterday when I shovelled the driveway!! Now I've got to do it this morning in the cold and dark lol.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

I'll read back once we hit the road, if we have cell service.
                          Last edited by Ginger999; October 9, 2018, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Hank looks cute Cowboy,seems like he's back to his old,happy ways 5:54 am in Vegas another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Just back from having the snows put on Mrs QW’s SUV and shovelled the driveway. Cowboy, clearing the snow off Mrs QW’s vehicle is something I always do before shovelling. Last winter I don’t know how many times I forgot and had to redo parts of the driveway again. It’s only October 9th and I’m already sick of winter!

It’s supposed to warm up by the end of the week, a good thing because I still have outside chores to do before real winter arrives.

We had a fabulous time with our family yesterday and they kindly gave us some turkey to bring home for sandwiches. Life is good, especially af free.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Tuesday, af.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Forgiveness for one's self is the only way
                                we can keep going through life and give ourselves the best chance
                                at being the best people we can be.

~Yolanda Hadid

It feels so odd out on the deck because it is so warm on this October morning that I could sit out there and drink my coffee. There are fallen leaves gathering but at the same time, my potted petunia is still out here blooming like crazy. I realized that we haven't even had a frost yet. It's really late this year.

[MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION], that boulder in your avatar is amazing! Can you actually walk underneath it? Where is it located?

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X