No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Ahh! Woke up late after exhausting myself yesterday. If pickle ball is a retirees’ game, then I’m not in shape enough to retire. Good thing I don’t drink anymore!

Rushing off to work, but stopping in for another 24 please & thanks!

Comment

Hank is back to his happy, boisterous self [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], still favors that one hind leg but the vet said it would take time for him to get his muscle strength back. And to think not long ago we'd almost given up any hope for him and were even considering putting him down until his new vet came along. Kind of like us, grateful that our families and friends never give up hope on us either!

I think it took me almost a full year of sobriety before I forgave myself [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and the only way I managed to do that was to realize that I'm a different person when I'm sober, it wasn't the real me who did and said all those terrible things. Now I try and live my life so that there's nothing to forgive myself for and I'm working hard at forgiving others who I feel wronged me.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I had to Google pickleball [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] lol. Think I'll stick to golf as a sport for my retirement, if and when I ever get to retire that is!

Comment

I'm off to google pickle ball too,forgot to yesterday! 5:54 am in Vegas,another 24 please
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us..!

Comment

Yikes! Almost forgot to check in!! Another 24 please and thank you. Headed to Cannonville, Utah. Should be there a couple of days to regroup.

Had to laugh about prickleball comments. It's all the rage at the 55+ rv parks we visits. Tournaments and all. A little hard on my knees! Spent too many years hiking I guess! Well, that's my excuse anyway!

Comment

I almost forgot to check in as well today!

Asking for another 24 hours please and thank you very much!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A quiet day today with weather nice enough for Jessie and I to walk our usual route. She was happy to get out. The only wildlife we saw was a muskrat in a canal we pass.

Hope everyone is having/had a great af Wednesday!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Made it to Bryce Canyon, Utah. Wish you all had Facebook and could see my pics. Just the drive in was breathtaking!

Comment

Beautiful, Ginger! I'm envious of your travels. heading down south!
                        Yes, Pickleball does look a bit hard on the knees! I think I'll stick to ping pong and leave my knees for hiking and some jogging.. though I'll probably never retire either, AB!:happy2: Let's see.
                        Today is a gorgeous day, warmish breeze and sunshine. I've taken the day off work and don't really have a plan yet.. except to go to the movies with a friend later on.
                        Still can't believe the amount of snow you're getting up north. Geeze. I do hope you'll get a bit of a break before the real winter hits!
                        How's life on your porches, Dill and Jude? I had a nice cuppa on the balcony.. some chives have grown the past couple of weeks!
                        Mr. V, do you also have a balcony?
                        Ok. wishing all of you a nice Thursday.. here's to another 24af hours for us all!

Comment

Being fully present is the best guarantee for a bright future.
                          ~Guy Finley

It's cooler on the deck today and quite pleasant this morning. Still pitch dark at the moment. The sound of the crickets is growing quieter and soon will be done for the season.

I plan on being fully present for the next 24. Sounds like a good plan to me!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another crazy day here, but in a good way!

Another 24please and thank you!

Comment

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] Love the Utah pic- it's beautiful! Also, the floating rock is located in Al Ahsa, Saudi Arabia. The city has grown around it. There is a lot of internet hoax and superstition surrounding it, but I think it's magical because it suggests both strength in presence and situational fragility.
                              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] Great reminder to stay in the moment! Things are getting busy for me- I had been isolating while drinking and hadn't been doing much. Now that I've branched out, it's easy to get busy and let the moments slip by. I'm trying to rearrange my life to live intentionally.

Laughing about pickleball as well! I thought it was going to be fun, relaxing game, but every muscle group is screaming yet this morning! I'll be playing at least once a week over lunch, however - move it or lose it! I kind of already didn't move it and lost most of it.

Another cuppa 24 AF, please and thanks much!

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Not quite as cold this morning, hovering right around the freezing mark but it's not warming up enough during the day to melt the snow. The roads are melted off and dry, but the fields are still covered...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X