~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Finally cooled off! A 30 degree (F) shift in temps.
    Just back from 2 days hiking in the mountains of Kentucky, beautiful. Really hot the first day, and light rain the second, but much cooler.
    I'll try and post some pics later.
    Gotta catch up on some work I put off.
    24 more please

Comment

5:49 am in Vegas,another 24 of peace please
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Off to explore!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I hope our MWO friends in Florida and the eastern coast of the US are safe from Michael.

Ginger, awesome photo from Utah. Might have to add a visit there with full camera gear to the bucket list.

I had to laugh at the pickle ball comments. Years ago I used to play badminton, or as my irreverent first born called it, fairywand. He changed his tune though after playing for the first time. I spent 5 minutes stretching and warming up, he didn’t. Not only did he lose but he was sore for days after!

Off to see my chiropractor in a few minutes for an adjustment. Sadly it’s not an attitude adjustment, according to Mrs QW!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

24 more for me please! I have cleaned out all the alcohol from my home and faithfully listening to the Bubble Hour back and forth to work. Trying to fill my brain with new thoughts!

Comment

Well, the temps dropped from the upper 70's to a cold and rainy 48 degrees. No porch this morning!:sorrow:

Love the quotes [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], just haven't had time to comment on them! Just one of those weeks!

Ginger....I saw your pics on FB, and they are stunning! I've been out west a few times to visit family, but I never really had time to explore it fully. Bucket list!
              [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]....I haven't thought of badminton in years. Love the term fairy wand, but an inaccurate description, as your son found out the hard way!

Hope that all of the snow is melting for all of you guys up North....it's too early for that stuff. It's beautiful to look at, but the older I get, the more I hate driving in it!

Comment

Every day, I like to wake up and remind myself to be grateful of the simple things.
                ~Miranda Kerr

I'm having trouble with my internet connection this morning for some reason which made me a bit later than I wanted before I could post. Yes, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], it has been one of those weeks for me, too! I'm glad I picked out my quotes ahead of time. Glad you like them!

24 more, please and thank you,
                Last edited by dill; October 12, 2018, 06:20 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Raining here this morning too [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], the rain should help to get rid of the remaining snow though...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; October 12, 2018, 06:43 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cool, or should I say, cold this morning, 40F on the back deck.
                    No balcony for me here, LC, but I do have a large deck in my backyard. Always fancied a balcony overlooking a city street.
                    Maybe my next abode.
                    Busy playing catch-up here, after playing for a couple of days midweek.
                    24 more for us all please.

Comment

Good Morning! Good going on throwing out that poison [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] !
                      Slightly overextended this week, but I'm glad it's Friday! Looking forward to downtime.

Another cuppa 24 AF, please and thank you!

Comment

It’s been that kind of week for me as well [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Not sure what’s busier, farming or regular life lol.

I enjoy watching your travels on FB as well [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], kinda like seeing firsthand places I’ll never get to see in real!

Still waiting to see a few pics of your hike [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], looks like an amazing place from what I saw on Google! I’m like you, seems I’m further behind after getting back from a few days away.

I only played badminton in junior high, then football in senior high, along with hockey of course [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. Got into team roping in senior high and carried on with it till I moved out to Alberta, loved those rodeo weekends lol. A lot of people still don’t understand about warming up before doing anything strenuous, but they soon learn.

I’m like you [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION], sometimes bite off more than I can chew and then wonder how I’ll get it all done! But it’s a darn sight better being busy than having too much idle time on my hands..

Wise move [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I don’t think I’d be sober if I had a can of Budweiser staring me in the face every time I opened the fridge door, especially in that first year! Now it’s the norm not to just have an AF life, but an AF house as well.

TGIF! But that’s no excuse to quit on your quits! Let’s keep it between the lines this weekend eh!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; October 12, 2018, 07:31 AM.
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I never see any of your fb pics Ginger,hope you're having fun,be safe! 5:53 am in Vegas another 24 please

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], for some reason I see two fb accounts for you. The one I'm friends with has Lav and Byrd in the friend list. Hmmmm

Hitting the road for Hurricane, Utah. Twenty degrees warmer there!

Comment

That is weird Ginger,when I look for you it says no results found,Facebook has been acting weird lately anyways I've noticed

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Finally some warm weather! It made it up to 17C, 62F today accompanied by some strong winds. However, this being Alberta, there is the chance of snow in the forecast for tomorrow. Cowboy, I hope you’re getting favourable weather for harvest up north.

My little buddy and I walked this morning in sunshine. The wind was gusting up to 60kms/hr, around 40mph, which means there will be a lot of leaves on the ground.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Friday af!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X