No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before I tell you about my day yesterday, I best get breakfast out!

I just want to add something, [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I think it's great that you and hubs go out for breakfast together every Sunday morning! Far too many couples never get enough alone time together and I think it's important in any relationship!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Cold and rainy here.
      quick check-in, gotta scoot out to work.
      24 more for all of us please!

Comment

5:53 am in Vegas,another 24 please yep Cowboy it is a nice thing hubs and I do weekly which suffers and we don't do if there's been drinkin involved so uh no! Have a great Sunday all!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

The day went well yesterday, had all the furniture moved in and set up by 3pm. Bubba stayed over again last night just in case they had troubles adjusting to their first night in their new home. It was kind of sad to see that a fully finished and furnished 1600 sq. ft. home and all they could take to the new place didn't even fill my 14' cargo trailer. I'm headed back over today for the small stuff, pictures, clocks, etc. then Bubba and I will both be coming home. There's going to be a few more trips involved, fridge stuff, 3 deepfreezes right full of Ukrainian food, big cold room fully stocked, etc, etc. But we'll get through it all taking it one day at a time!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy af Sunday! Breakfast looks yummy, Cowboy. Hope everyone has a great day.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Sounds like a productive day, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] ! Wishing you continued strength and success for today! Thanks for the breakfast, too.
              I'll have another cuppa 24 AF, please and thanks!

Comment

I nearly forgot to sign in! But here I am and grateful for another 24.

Mr. V, belated congrats on your 500 day milestone!!
                Cowboy, so glad the move went well. I'm sure it was trying for your in-laws and they and Bubba are so blessed to have your sober self in their lives!
                QW, I second what Jude said and can't really add much more to it! You are really a special hb indeed!
                Greetings to all and thanks to each of you for being here.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A much warmer day today, up to 14C, 57F, making for a very enjoyable walk with my little buddy.

After the recent snowfall, I arranged to have snow tires installed on my Jeep today. Great timing! By mid-week it’s supposed to warm up to 22C, 72F. Cowboy, I hope you get this weather and that it helps with harvest.

Mrs QW had a quiet day today so I took advantage and cleaned up the garage. It looks much better.

Hope everyone had a great Sunday, af.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I can never be thankful enough for waking up on a Monday morning with both a clear head and concious. It never gets old...

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Happy Monday morning!
                      Grateful for another AF day. I'd like another 24, please and thank you!

Comment

“You have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” - Louise L. Hay

6:25am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Interesting quote this morning [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I read it a couple of times before it's meaning to me came to light. If staying quit isn't coming easy, don't keep beating yourself up, keep trying, knowing that as long as you're trying you'll finally get a quit that sticks...

Still a ways to go before things are settled in Veg, but for now, they are all moved in and happy, and I guess that's all that really matters!

Bubba has been bugging me to bring her winter tires in from the farm so she can have them installed this week as well [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] lol. And just like you Calgarians our temps are supposed to be up to 20C (72F) by mid-week. It's 5C (40F) here this morning, been a long time since we haven't had below freezing temps in the morning! I also wanted to comment on your situation and the type of man (husband) you are. As I was driving home from Veg yesterday, I was thinking about you. I have to go over to Veg and help out when needed, take them back and forth from their appointments, but at the end of the day I get to leave and come home. You don't have that option, you live the life you are now facing 24/7. You are a special man indeed!

Comment

5:58 am in Vegas,its cold this morning! Another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great quote! Self talk is so important and powerful. If we only talk to ourselves in a negative tone, what will the result be? Negativity.

Let's all talk to ourselves like we talk to our best friend and see what happens!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I will gladly take another 24 please and thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X