Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts Cowboy. Being a care partner can be challenging at times but if our roles were reversed, Mrs QW would do the same for me, no doubt about it.
    Before she stabilized on her meds, she was unable to drive for about 5 months. I drove her where she needed to go or one of her friends did. It wasn’t a hardship.
    I am looking forward to meeting with other Parkinson’s care partners to discuss how they cope with the disease. Some days it’s like walking on eggshells, others it’s like there’s nothing wrong.
    Regardless, this is our new reality and we will make the best of it.

Much warmer here today, ever nice!

Hope everyone had a great af Monday!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

My schedule is still completely upside down but hopefully that will end tomorrow, if not then definitely the day after. My son is home from hospital now but I am staying a bit longer so he can get more rest. I don't know what it is about hospitals, but they are definitely not a place where you can actually get to rest!

Grateful for another 24!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Glad that your son is doing better dill!

Chilly morning at 40 degrees.......possibly some snow tomorrow night. Guess that it's time to put the snow tires on! And so it begins.....

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning- Hope everyone has a great day!
          Another cuppa 24 please, and thanks much!

Comment

"A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb

Still above freezing! Farm boss called last night, sounds like we're going to give it a try on Thursday. Told him that I had my final appointment with surgeon early tomorrow morning, fil's dementia check-up Thursday, wouldn't be available to combine till around 4pm, then final (I hope) physio appointment early Friday morning. He said I was busier than a farmer at harvest lol.

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:33 am in Vegas another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning all. Cool here in Mesquite, NV. Heading to Williams, AZ tomorrow where it snowed! We'd change directions but we had to pay the rv fees up front and hubs doesnt want to leave $300 on the table. Me? Id leave it! Towing in snow is not wise.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, snow? It’s been a week since we had any! Today it’s 23C, 73F and even warmer tomorrow. I might just have to uncover the AC unit!

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday af.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

24 more please !

Comment

"The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I'm not going to let myself pull me down anymore." - C. JoyBell

0C (32F) clear and dark, up early to head to Edmonton for my final post-surgery check-up with the surgeon. Hand and arm are feeling fine!

5:00am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn god day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good quote cowboy/Rava.....we all have what it takes to succeed, but it's definitely a learning process. Hope that the doctor's visit goes well today!

Cold with some snow expected overnight, but nothing major yet. Just a glimpse into the future, but I can't complain....at least we're not dealing with hurricanes. Feel so bad for the people in Florida. I'll take a good old snow storm over that any day!

Hope that you all are having a good Wednesday morning, and looking forward to another 24 please!

Comment

Finally I am back home and had a good night's sleep. It feels great! It's chilly outside so no deck time. And no night sounds which I miss already. Winter here we come! What happened to Fall?

24 please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning! Long day yesterday and another today. 24 more hours for me, please and thank you!

Comment

5:53 am I Vegas another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hitting the road shortly.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X