Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

So marihuana is now legal in Canada or as I like to say, they’ve marilized leguana. I hope those in charge know what they’re doing.
    I grew up in Vancouver in the late 1960’s and weed was everywhere. I never tried it because I was afraid I’d like it. Wish I’d had the same resolve with alcohol!
    I was surprised on a trip to Oregon 2 years ago to find marihuana was legal there. There were more dispensaries than gas stations!

It’s another beautiful day here with temps expected to be in the mid 20’s. Yay! It’s still shorts weather!!

Hope everyone has a great af Weednesday !

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

"The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself." - Maya Angelou

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining
        Hope everyone has a great af Weednesday !
        Very funny, QW! I love puns and your other word play as well! I'm not for legalized marijuana. In my opinion it puts the state in charge of a human weakness and gives them ability to manipulate people and profit off of them. I myself would have preferred that they just decriminalize it and let people manage their own affairs as related to the substance. (Oops, I hope I haven't veered to far into political talk.....)

The frost is on the pumpkin this morning! Brrrrr.
        24 more, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Got a kick out of your new avatar [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] lol.

Great to hear you're back home [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Hopefully your son's recovery is as successful as mine was.

I got a great report card from the surgeon and he surprised me by having my physiotherapist at the appointment! Robin did his few little guagey things and determined that I was at about 98% back to normal. They both said to just keep up with the exercises for a few months until all the stiffness is gone, but there was no need to book further appointments with them unless any problems develop further down the road!

The farm boss called when I was on my way back from the city, we're starting up harvest again today! I told him I couldn't be there till around 3 this afternoon as I have to take the fil in for his dementia check-up. The psychiatrist will determine whether to declare him mentally incompetent or not, we'll have to wait and see... Either way, I'll be back on the combine sometime today!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I got a kick out of the word pun as well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] lol. I have more to say on that matter, but will get a post put together this afternoon when I'm combining the trans-fat free oil.
            Last edited by abcowboy; October 18, 2018, 07:18 AM.

Comment

5:37 am in Vegas,another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I'll take another 24 please and thank you very much!

Glad that you got good news from the doc Cowboy!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I attended a youth Justice Committee meeting last evening. We have 2 police officers on the committee and I asked their thoughts on marihuana being made legal in Canada. Neither are impressed. As I pointed out to them , it’s not like we don’t have enough stupid drivers on the road already!

Great news from your docs Cowboy! Well done. Hope everything goes well with your fil’s visit to the doctor today. Dementia is such a nasty disease.

Off to Shoppers Drug Mart for old farts day. Those 20% discounts add up!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning and I will take 24 please and thanks!

Comment

Happy Friday everyone!

QW....I can remember those days when I never thought that I would get old. Contrary to what I used to believe, here I am, officially an old fart! Glad to be sober and enjoying it though! :biggrin:

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

No time for a good read back, sper busy this week. Still here, still sober. 24 more please.

Comment

"It's not whether you get knocked down. It's whether you get up again." - Vince Lombardi

6:10am in Alberta, I'm in for another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Yes indeed [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] (Rava), it's important to get up again and stay in the game!

I'm at the coffee shop this morning and the donuts have been flying off the shelves! I think it's because it is so cold outside. Comfort food!

24 more please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:50 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X