• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I had to laugh this morning when I read that there’s a shortage of legal marihuana! Um, the legalization date has been known for a long time, do you think they underestimated the market size? And then I read our provincial government doesn’t expect to make money from cannabis sales for 2 years! Only government could fail to profit from selling drugs!!!

I wish everyone a safe and af Friday.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Comment

5:47 am in Vegas,another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Comment

“Stop beating yourself up. You are a work in progress, which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once.” - Unknown

7:20 am in Alberta, yep, I slept in lol, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Last edited by abcowboy; October 20, 2018, 08:21 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I like your new avatar, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! I liked your old one, too. What prompted the change?

Thank you Cowboy/Rava for the week of good quotes. I have been a bit busy this week so didn't have time to comment much, but I did appreciate reading them and reflecting on the each day.

QW, that's truly unbelievable that they estimate no financial gain from the marijuana sales in your province. If there's a way to screw up, the government will find it! LOL I wonder if they have figured out how they will determine levels of impairment as related to driving accidents. I don't smoke weed and won't take it up at this point even if becomes legal here. I did try it a few times in my college years. I am quite sure that I would not be able to drive while under its influence.

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I spent much of the day watching the grandkids skating and playing hockey. They didn’t know I was going to be there and we’re they surprised. What a treat for me! So nice to be able to do things like this.

Another sunny, warm day here. Hope the combining is going well Cowboy!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I’m like you [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], been a very busy week with some long hours put in. I sure hope y’all know that even if I’m not posting much, it’s because I’m busy, not because I don’t care!

Lots going on over in Vegreville with the in-law move, Bubba and Hank spending days and nights there cleaning and garbaging things that are of no use to anyone or that don’t have any value. After much discussion we’ve come up with a compromise. We’ll get the Veg house ready to be listed by Nov 1, and do a 90 day listing. If we don’t get any bites, then we’ll list both houses, ours and theirs. Which ever house sells first will dictate which house we’ll be living in. Not what I really want, but I don’t want to pay expenses on two properties for too long. Taking it one day at a time…

I have to admit, I did drugs and weed in my way younger years, then switched to Budweiser, great choice eh lol. You won’t see me in front of the till at a marijuana store either. Just too afraid of replacing one addiction with another!

Many thanks for the quotes this week [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I’ve used them all up so could use some more from you!

As I was fueling and servicing combines this morning, I figured this would be a good example of “then and now” lol

There’s not a whole lot of room to pass when we go down the highway, and the combines don’t even have the headers attached.
                    Trust me when I say this, there’s not a farmer anywhere that likes driving his equipment down the highway! They only do it if absolutely necessary.

If I set the alarm properly tonight and don’t sleep in, I think I’ll even manage to whip up some breakfast for everyone lol.

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy Sunday all! Just got called into work this morning, so another short post.
                      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]...I changed my Avatar for no particular reason, just needed a change.

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Cold and frosty this morning.
                        Mrs V leaving town on business for a few days. In the past this would have led to a few days of heavy drinking.
                        Smoked a lot of weed back in the day, it's too powerful now. Tried it a few times years ago, and it just made me paranoid, no fun. Don't need it.
                        QW, saw a bit on the NBC nightly news about boxing classes for Parkinson's patients, and how it was a huge help for them. Thought of you. I'll see if I can find a link somewhere.
                        24 more here please.

Comment

The Teetotalars Manifesto.. I choose: energy over lethargy; love over indifference; exercise over hangovers; clear eyes over reddened; making love over fighting; confidence over insecurity; glowing skin over puffy and dulled; crystal clear thinking over a buzzed brain; speaking my truth over whispering secrets; tuning in over tuning out; self-care over self-sabotage; connecting over disconnecting; truly giving a fuck over not giving a fuck.--the sober glow

I like the idea of writing a "manifesto".. why I don't drink. Each of ours would be different, but also pretty similar, I'd guess.

Sorry I've been MIA this past week.. I'm looking forward to reading back and being part of the café crowd on a daily basis again. I miss you all!
                          Here's to a relaxing Sunday and another 24 af hours..xx

Comment

6:40am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I did get up early enough to get breakfast on, so dig in!

Comment

Great quote to start your week [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! I've often thought about writing a book about my life and experiences, but realized it would just be a short story; I was a drunk and then I got sober lol.

Hmmm, looks like I'm going to have to send a posse out for [MENTION=24264]Apatite[/MENTION]! Not sure where she got to...

Have a peaceful Sunday y'all!

Comment

Working...
                                X