~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thunder and lightening here,yikes! Has poor Winslow hiding under the bed again haha,no weed for me either,I don't like the feeling of being out of control(sounds odd coming from a boozehound) but it's a different feel for me,6:33 am in Vegas,another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Love that manifesto. Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

LC...Loved that manifesto as well!

Cowboy, that's a feed trough sized breakfast. Yummy! ��

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the info about boxing and Parkinson’s patients Mr V. We’ve heard about it but so far haven’t tried. Part of me doesn’t want Mrs QW with boxing gloves!

Thanks for a great brekkie Cowboy. Jessie and I did our 6km walk this morning before breakfast and would have enjoyed this feast.

I’m in awe of people who can get up early, prepare and serve breakfast and do it cheerfully. On a business trip about14 years ago, I went into the hotel restaurant at 6AM and ordered the breakfast special. The cost was $3.50. The server was on her own and looked after about 15 guests with a smile on her face and not once did my coffee cup get lower by more than an inch. I left a $5 tip and when she offered to get change I told her that anyone who could be that efficient and cheerful at 6AM deserved it! A few other diners overheard our conversation and I bet the server was well tipped that day.

Another sunny day here although frosty at walk time. Should be good for combining Cowboy!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

This day went by too fast and I didn't get a chance to log in until now as the sun sets. Ah well, let me just say thank you for another 24!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

""you are carrying in your mind the insane burden of a hundred things that you will or may have to do in the future instead of focussing your mind on the one thing that you can do now."" -- eckhart tolle

for me, since yesterday afternoon, when my ex called me for a "spontaneous" coffee that turned into 2 hours talking about his semi- new relationship problems (I was trying to be cool with everything, move forward and all), I've had so much crap in my mind.. I went from having a lovely morning on my own, strolling around the flea market, to a very negative afternoon, evening and night. ughhh.. So this quote seemed quite appropriate. A reminder to stay in the moment, focus on what I can do/am doing now. Strengthening myself and my relationships that I have in my life now... so much positive! Why do I let myself linger on the negative thoughts? Learning, learning!

Thank you for the lovely brekkie yesterday, AB! Still have leftovers for this morning.

Wishing everyone a nice, Un-hung Monday.. here's to another 24 af hours!xx
              Last edited by lifechange; October 22, 2018, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Great quote LC! I find myself worrying about the future, when I should be focusing on the here and now. It's something I'm working on, one day at a time.

Another 24 please and thank you very much!:lotsasmiles:

Comment

Funny you should bring up that particular E. Tolle quote, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. I too, like Jude, just recently realized I was getting ahead of myself and needed to keep my focus on the day so it really distilled that thought for me. I suppose it's none of my business but I think it was quite unfair of your ex to unload on you like that. I'm sorry you tolerated it. Perhaps you are a better person than I!

As busy as you have been it's really amazing that you have kept the home fires burning so brightly here [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Thanks for the breakfast yesterday and the pics of your machines. Loved seeing them.

Today will be a good day. Nothing on the horizon but cleaning and straightening the house and generally getting things in order. Funny how fast things get out of hand when the granddaughter comes!

24 more, ODAAT please.
                  Last edited by dill; October 22, 2018, 06:21 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 please! OK [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] I will work on sending you more! Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Comment

6:40am in Alberta, another 24 for me please and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:45 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote today! If I could add anything to it, it would be to stop beating ourselves up over the past!

It was fresh, actually frosty, when we walked this morning but it’s to be sunny all day long. I’m thinking steaks on the barbecue for supper, maybe some shrimp too for our Aussie friends.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

No time for the deck this morning and it's really too cool now anyway. But what an absolutely gorgeous site that almost full moon was! It was in the western sky as I drove to the coffee shop this morning and it was just delightful! So grateful to be clear headed and hangover free to enjoy it!

24 more please.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X