No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the site link [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], lots of great quotes to choose from!

I really liked yesterday's quote [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], it reminded me of when I first start a plumbing and heating job in a new house. As I'm digging in and installing the underground drain lines I often get side-tracked thinking and looking at where I'll run the waterlines and the ductwork etc, and before I know it an hour or two had gone by with no real work getting done. But, that's not always a bad thing, because I need to keep a picture of the whole job in my mind so that I don't install something that will be in the road of work I need to do later on. An example, running the drain line from a toilet that might be right in the way of where the main heating duct needs to go. So it's okay to carry thoughts of things that may be things we need to do in the future, but only to the extent that we are helping assist in the task we are doing at the moment. Always keeping in mind what our goal is, and thinking about ways to accomplish that goal in the future...
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:52 am in Vegas,another 24 please
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Cool, crisp, and sunny this morning. High's in the mid 60's damn near perfect in my book. yesterday was as well.
          Might try to get a bike ride in today. Was going to do that yesterday, but started well needed yard work instead.
          4 hours in the yard, needs about 40 more, lol!
          Tried to post yesterday, but the site was acting up for me.
          Strong urges of drinking yesterday, probably because Mrs V is out of town, and "no one would know", WTF! After all this time. Did not drink.
          Trying to figure out if there is any other underlying cause. Keep thinking, it would be so refreshing, NOT!
          Just thought I'd put that out there.
          24 more here please

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I would be more than happy to take 24! Thank you

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another wonderfully warm and sunny day today. I barbecued rib eye steaks yesterday and plan to do a trite- tomorrow. If this was winter, an escape to Mexico wouldn’t be needed!

It was catch up on chore day today, ever nice to get lots scratched off the honey do list.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Tuesday, af!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

""When I feed on resentments and anger, I am giving someone else rent-free space in my head.""--Kathy Kendall

We all know this one.. but another reminder for me. No space for free loaders in my mind!
                  Sorry I missed yesterday. I kept meaning to get on line, but the day got away from me. The girls have a 2 week autumn break from school and I've taken a couple days off of work.. it's cold and windy and rainy outside. Perfect cozy at home weather! And shopping for the necessities weather.. though I almost pulled my eyebrows out shopping for socks. Just pick some!!!:happy2:
                  Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us!

Comment

Good quote today for me as well, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]. The resentment and anger can be towards people that aren't even in my inner circle of family and personal acquaintances. I find myself upset a lot these days in these tumultuous times over current events (politics) and your quote reminded me that I need to step back and not let things upset me so. I will work very hard on letting it go.

Did you get a bike ride in yesterday Mr. V? Is it very hilly in your biking area? Well done on staying the course while Mrs. V is away.

24 more for me and everyone who wants it please.
                    Last edited by dill; October 24, 2018, 06:05 AM.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another cool, crisp start to the day.
                      No bike ride yesterday, was all set to go, dropped my phone and broke it. Spent the rest of the afternoon dealing with that. It's fixed now, but wow, had no way to reach anybody. Or them, me. Can't believe how dependent we are on those things! Mini panic! lol
                      Great quote LC. Yes know it well, and what a waste of time and energy being angry at people and things that I can't change!
                      24 more here please!

Comment

Good job staying away from the booze [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! Yes, that first drink would be so refreshing for me as well, but by the 3rd or 4th drink, I wouldn't be tasting anything at all. Sometimes I desperately wish that I could have just one, but we all know that won't happen. Sometimes it doesn't seem fair, and I feel very deprived, and then I think about what a booze filled future would hold for me. It's then that I realize that staying AF is not a sacrifice at all, but a gift that needs to be nourished everyday. Stay grateful!

Great quote LC....amazing how much our minds control our actions and emotions. We can turn it into a positive or negative...the choice is ours.

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!
                        Last edited by Jude58; October 24, 2018, 06:59 AM.

Comment

6:20am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

It's been hovering around the freezing mark every morning, but warms up nicely by mid-day. Not enough frost to slow down the harvest though, and we are now at under 1000 acres to go, should finish Friday or Saturday!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

5:58 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Got a bit of time so thought I’d maybe catch up on all the comments. I had to chuckle [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] when I read about you being home alone and being able to sneak in a drink or two without anyone knowing. I have to admit that that was a big thing for me and looking forward to helping with farming spring and fall, all those nights in the camper by myself when I could drink as much as I wanted and know one would know. But one person would know, and it’s the most important person in our life of recovery. And let’s not get started on our cell phones! There used to be a time when before we left the house that we checked to make sure we had a our keys, wallet, etc, now it’s to make sure we have our phone and that it has enough charge lol.

Your quote this morning hit right at the root of my alcoholism [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Anger and resentment (along with any other excuse I could come up with) were my biggest triggers! It took some counselling sessions and some sober time to realize just how useless anger and resentment are, although my counselor said there is some good anger that benefits us, it’s all in how we manage and deal with it. And it’s like you said [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], when we let things like politics, politicians, price of gasoline, etc start to get under our skin it’s time to take a step back, rationalize it, and figure out if there’s anything can do about it, and if not, just let it go. It’s pointless to drink “at” anyone or anything…

I’m not quite like you [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I don’t think I feel deprived, but I know I get the “I wish” from time to time. But I also wish for a few other things that I know will never come to be, so I just lump all those “I wishes” together and then not worry about them anymore.

At the end of the day we’re all here for the same reason, we’re alcoholics. All the wishing in the world will never change that. And if any good came from my drinking it’s this; I would have never met a group of fine friends such as yourselves if I hadn’t finally admitted that I had drinking problem!

Comment

Working...
                                X