No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to believe October is almost over! Oh well, breakfast is ready!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

And I've got a chocolate lab that barks more than the 4 of yours put together [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] lol, but I wouldn't trade him for the world!

It's nice to have things back to normal, well as normal as they can be for me haha. I liked yesterday's quote [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], it's what we think of ourselves that really dictate what road we'll take. If you think you're a loser, you'll be a loser, if you think you can't do it, you won't do it, and if you think you're a drinker, you'll always be a drinker!

I prefer to think of myself as a winner, maybe I don't win all the battles but I'm definitely winning the war. And my battle plan seems to be working so I'll stick to it. And I know I can do it, I've proven that to myself but I'm sure not going to see if I can do it over again. And I think of myself as a non-drinker, it matters not why I don't drink, I just don't. So if I keep my thoughts about myself positive, I'll find the positive in any situation I find myself in.

I agree [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], sweat, determination, and guts! And a whole lot of help from my coaching staff!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Very good quote, Jude! No guts no glory. Or, no guts no gold! :happy2:

I just finished listening to a book that I highly recommend. It is a semi autobiographical book written by an Auschwitz survivor about his time in the camp and how he made it thru. It's not as depressing as you might think by my description of it! LOL No, it is thought provoking and inspirational. It's called Man's Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl. I wish it was required reading in high schools.

24 more, please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A cool day here but at least we’re not having to shovel anything!

I’m making supper tonight, wish my culinary skills were as good as Cowboys!

Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday af.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“It is worth remembering that the time of greatest gain in terms of wisdom and inner strength is often that of greatest difficulty.” ―Dalai Lama

I had a dream/nightmare last night that I had started drinking and smoking again. Usually I feel relieved when I wake up and realize that it was just a dream, but right now I would kill for a drink or a smoke. Hopefully these feelings will fade as the day goes on.

Asking for the wisdom and strength to get through another 24. Thank you!

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Cool, with some sun coming.
                  No rain at work yesterday, yea! Just gusty winds.
                  Thanks for the book advice, Jude.
                  Dill, That's the second time this week I've heard Man's Search for Meaning recommended. I think it was Tony Robbins who said it was one of his top 3 books to read.
                  Got a chuckle out of the breakfast photo Cowboy!
                  Miss my little dog who rarely barked. I think I miss our walks more.
                  24 more please.

Comment

When Hank was in the midst of his health issues, Bubba and I contemplated putting him down [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]. I know that day will come and my first thought was no more dogs for me, there will never be a dog that can take the place of Hank. I've changed my way of thinking now that he's better, no dog can take the place of Hank, but there are so many dogs that deserve to be in Hank's place. Have you thought of a rescue dog? The love and companionship that you and Mrs V have to offer would make any dog return those 10 fold.

I don't remember ever having any drinking dreams [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], matter of fact, I don't remember many of my dreams lol. Maybe I'm just too tired when I go to bed to waste my sleep dreaming. Your quote today tied in with drinking dreams for me. When we were drinking, we drank through and at anything and everyone. It didn't take that extra determination to pick up a drink. But now, we need that extra determination to stop us from picking up that drink, no matter what the situation. Those situations and dreams let us know how strong our quits are, is our quit more important to us than anything else. If you can't answer yes to that question, then your quit will always be a struggle to maintain...

The situation I'm going through right now with Bubba and family is testing my sobriety like never before. I know I'll get through it without drinking because yesterday I decided that I've said all I can say about what I think should be done. I've come to realize that I can harp all I want, but I can't change anyone's mind anymore than they can change mine. So it's time to just let it go, stand firm in what I want for me, and let the rest be decided however it will.
                    Last edited by abcowboy; October 29, 2018, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

That avatar is awesome, Ginger!

QW, that Herriot book I mentioned is an illustrated children's book. I didn't know it was possible to download them with illustrations. I've never actually tried tho.

Hang in there, Jude! :hug: I know you will be glad you did.

Cowboy, it sounds like you know your limits and that's something we should all be aware of. It's important not to get in over our heads and sometimes it is a delicate balance, that's for sure. We want to be everything we can be for our loved ones, but we have to take care of ourselves too.

24 more please and thank you..
                        Last edited by dill; October 29, 2018, 01:30 PM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, great photo of a happy dog!

Dill, I looked online for Only One Woof and I can’t download it. I’ll see if our library has it plus I’ll check EBay.

Had lunch today with long time friends from Montreal. Ever nice to get caught up and not one alcoholic beverage was consumed.

Hope everyone had a very enjoyable Monday, af.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post

Dill, I looked online for Only One Woof and I can’t download it. I’ll see if our library has it plus I’ll check EBay.

QW
                            @QW, this is a great website for finding books and money goes to a great cause. Check it out.
                            Buy New & Used Books Online with Free Shipping | Better World Books

Comment

"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." ~ Edith Wharton

Another cold, gloomy day here with lots of wind and rain. Looks like I'll have to work hard to keep that candle lit!

Humbly asking for another sober 24 hours please.

Comment

Cool and clear, another beautiful day on tap.
                                Love the new avatar, Ginger, and thanks for the book link.
                                Sorry about the family struggles, Cowboy. One thing Mrs. V and her sisters said, and lived, when dealing with a similar situation to help them through, "it's just the new normal".
                                I know it's just a phrase, but it helped them deal with the situation.
                                Sunshine and peace to the rest of yiz.
                                24 more here please.

Comment

Working...
                                X