No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6:35am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Just below freezing, but didn't get the rain/snow mix they forecast, so that's good!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Loved the quote today [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! It describes the involvement here at MWO to a tee! You don't need to be a blabbermouth like me to help people, just being here and checking in everyday shows others that this is a fight worth fighting!

Thanks Mr V, it's going to take some time to get used to my new normal, but get used to it I will!
      Last edited by abcowboy; October 30, 2018, 07:46 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I tried pm'ing you but your message box is full, so I'll post it here...

Hi Polly, I'm probably the last person you want to hear from right now, but take my words in the spirit they are given...

You usually only disappear for one reason, I'm hoping that's not the case, but if it is, then you need to come back. No one can do this alone, and if you aren't getting any other help, then you need to be here. You have so much to live for, so many reasons to be sober, a great person, a wonderful wife, an excellent mother, and a fantastic grandmother! You owe it to yourself to continue those traits and become even better at them with sobriety. I know it's not easy, and sometimes I forget how hard it can be, but you can do this, you have the fighting spirit that's needed to overcome this problem, never forget that...

Bruce
        Last edited by abcowboy; October 30, 2018, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

6:04 am in Vegas another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The new normal in our lives is constantly changing. One of the frustrating things in supporting a spouse with Parkinson’s is knowing that symptoms, side effects and other things will randomly show up. Memory loss is a big one, hallucinations another. With a progressively degenerative disease like Parkinson’s, each day can bring its own challenges but when an old style normal day happens, it’s cause for celebration, even though I keep those feelings to myself. It’s having bits and pieces stolen that make this especially tough. That, along with the knowledge that today is likely as good as it’s going to get.

As frustrating as it is for us care partners, it’s harder to imagine living with Parkinson’s or any other life altering disease.

Much like alcoholism, it’s one day at a time.

Hope everyone enjoys Tuesday, af!

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; October 30, 2018, 11:10 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the book site info, Ginger. I'll have to bookmark it!
                Better late than never kind of a day. 24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward." ~amelia earhart

Happy Halloween all!

I'll take another 24 please, (along with some peanut butter cups) and thank you very much! :witch:

Comment

5:50am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Here ya go Jude! Make sure you share them lol.

Comment

I agree [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], the decision to act, to do anything, is always the hardest thing to do. But sticking to that decision isn't always easy either. Sometimes it's best not to act, to just let it go, but I guess that to is a decision....

Comment

Perfect quote again Jude, and thanks for sharing those peanut butter cups! I got to them before you had a chance so I hope you don't mind.....
                          With quitting alcohol the decision must be made every day and sometimes multiple times a day which I guess is the tenacity part of things. So tenacity is pretty darn important!

Happy Halloween everyone! 24 more please and thank you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                            Hey [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I tried pm'ing you but your message box is full, so I'll post it here...

Hi Polly, I'm probably the last person you want to hear from right now, but take my words in the spirit they are given...

You usually only disappear for one reason, I'm hoping that's not the case, but if it is, then you need to come back. No one can do this alone, and if you aren't getting any other help, then you need to be here. You have so much to live for, so many reasons to be sober, a great person, a wonderful wife, an excellent mother, and a fantastic grandmother! You owe it to yourself to continue those traits and become even better at them with sobriety. I know it's not easy, and sometimes I forget how hard it can be, but you can do this, you have the fighting spirit that's needed to overcome this problem, never forget that...

Bruce
                            Cowboy,I understand your concern but if this was meant for a pm then save it for that,don't always assume the worst out of me,I was cross posting as you typed that,24 more please.
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Warm and damp, heavy rain on the way. The weather folks say we'll be getting a months worth of rain in the next 48 hours. 5+ inches.
                              My basement will be wet.
                              Loved the quote, Jude. Failure to act has kept me from many things, that's for sure.
                              Stay strong QW!
                              24 more please

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X