Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cloudy and cool today but the forecast calls for mild temps for the trick or treaters later on.

Today reminds me of one place where we lived, the parents would go trick or boozin’ after the kids were done. No thanks!

Enjoy the Halloweeners tonight!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

"You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist." Indira Gandhi

Strong message in just a few words......

More rain today......my umbrella never gets a chance to dry out!
      Last edited by Jude58; November 1, 2018, 05:38 AM.

Comment

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Rainy and cold here, snow forecast for tonight and Friday...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We had 27 kids last night to the door, Hank was in heaven lol. Most of them forgot about getting candy, they wanted to pet Hank and let him give them kisses! I haven't been at home on Halloween for a few years as I'm usually out at Adam's getting ready for hunting season which starts today. We're not going out for our first hunt till Saturday though, today will be a crazy day on the backroads and in the bush.

And I was one of those trick or boozing parents [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], but it was so nice to see the excitement on the kids faces as they got to pet Hank and get their goodies. Even better that I stayed home and enjoyed it with no hangover this morning!
          Last edited by abcowboy; November 1, 2018, 06:55 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Heavy rain this morning, more on the way.
            Raining last night, no trick or treaters on our little street. None for several years now.
            one small job today, then out of town this weekend for work.
            24 more please.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Vervill View Post
                Heavy rain this morning, more on the way.
                Raining last night, no trick or treaters on our little street. None for several years now.
                one small job today, then out of town this weekend for work.
                24 more please.
                Mr. V, what do you do, if I may ask?

Comment

I haven't baked in a long while but today I took a notion to make some traditional sugar cookies. I'm a bit rusty, so I hope they turn out!

No trick or treaters in our neck of the woods. But Mr. D and I went out to Chipotle for supper last night and were surprised by a Halloween treat: half price entrees!! That plus sitting in a window seat watching the parade of costumes coming thru the door made for a fun time!

My friend and I used to take a glass of wine with us as we walked around the neighborhood with the kids. That was actually before the drinking got out of hand for me, but I should maybe have taken it as a sign that perhaps I was headed in the wrong direction....

24 more please.
                  Last edited by dill; November 1, 2018, 10:23 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Just back from walking my little buddy on our 6km route. We were late today because I saw my chiropractor this morning and wasn’t up to exercise.

A small victory - I got an email from Netflix and I’m no longer getting suggestions to watch Boss Baby and Oggy the Cockroach, a result of the grandkids last visit. Even though we have them set up with their own account, I get the emails.

It was quiet last night and everyone was well behaved. Appreciated.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thursday af.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

“Additions started out like magical pets, pocket monsters. They did extraordinary tricks, showed you things you hadn’t seen, were fun. But came, through some gradual dire alchemy, to make decisions for you. Eventually, they were making your most crucial life decisions. And they were less intelligent than goldfish.” — William Gibson

Another cold and rainy day....might be a good time to visit my brother in Arizona! :happy2:

Asking for 24 more please and thank you!
                      Last edited by Jude58; November 2, 2018, 05:16 AM.

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

At the freezing mark this morning, no rain or snow yet, but the radar map shows it coming by mid-morning. With the temps forecast for next week, I think winter is about to settle in...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

How did the sugar cookies turn out [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]? Your post yesterday morning had me thinking back to yesteryear lol. I remember my mom baking sugar cookies, but she only made them at Christmas time. Us boys loved to eat the dough, roll it into a ball and pop it into our mouths. She had a set of Christmas cookie cutters that she used year after year, and as we got older we were allowed to help decorate. The icing sugar, sparkles, and these tiny little coloured beads, and she was fussy that we did it right lol. Don't think I've had a sugar cookie in ages....

Comment

Your quote this morning [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] got me thinking about my drinking habits, how they changed over the years. Was I born an alcoholic, was I destined to become one, and if so, why me? I wonder how many 15 year old’s got an “Illegal Possession of Alcohol” ticket? That alone should tell me that right after I had my first drink the stage was set.

I’m sure I never got drunk every time I drank, and there was a time that I could stop at one or two, but as time went on, those days grew further and further apart. I let alcohol take over and run my life, make all my decisions for me, it just seemed easier. It’s not easy being a recovering alcoholic, but it’s a darn sight better than any of the alternatives!

Bubba just read me a piece of news, Molson Coors is going to market a cannabis infused beverage in the new year! What are we teaching our younger generation?? It’s okay to escape from life with all the legal options we are making available to them?? The world surely is going to hell in a hand basket, one can only imagine what it will be like 50 years from now….

Comment

Cold and damp, maybe a little rain.
                              Ginger, I work as a freelance photographer, mostly sports, NFL, MLB, MLS, College football/basketball. 75% of the work is out in the elements. Some news/politics thrown in. My work can be seen around the country/world, distributed through one of the major wire services. Now with a small amount of detective work you can figure out who I am in real life, lol. Took a lot to put that out there. I'll be at the Breeder's Cup horse race in Louisville this weekend.
                              24 more please

Comment

Mr. V, That sounds like an amazing job. I love to travel and take personal photos wherever we go. I bet you've witnessed some cool things! Thank you for sharing and I wouldn't dare try to figure out who you are. Not unless you gave me permission that is!

Jude, come on down the weather is fine here in AZ!

Hope everyone has a great af day

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X