~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

The cookies turned out just great, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Thanks for asking. I have usually reserved sugar cookie baking for Christmas and sometimes Valentine's Day, but never to my recollection on Halloween. I usually let my kids help when they were youngsters altho I did try to reserve a few for just myself to decorate. LOL I'm sad to say that I don't have the patience now to bake and decorate cookies with my grandkids, but we do what we can, eh? My mother never did the Christmas cookie thing when I was a kid. Maybe it was because she had enough to do with 4 boys and one girl, eh?!!

Mr. V your answer blew me away! LOL For some reason I had imagined you worked either in construction or on a road crew! So funny to have to shift my perceptions so much!

Ginger, I'm going to join Jude on a road trip to your neck of the woods!

QW, are you sure you don't want to see Boss Baby?!

24 please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Nothing fancy, but here are my cookies. Help yourselves!

Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Here's the view today outside my side door, one of my favorite spots during the nicer weather. It's one of the spots I use when giving a porch/deck report.

Dill

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, what a great view you have! It must be so tempting to sit there all day. I can picture a cup of coffee on the table, listening to nature while sitting in that chair. I am officially jealous!

Mr V, you’re living the dream! Well, my dream anyway. I always wanted to turn professional and make my living with my cameras. I hope we get to see some of your work from this weekend.
          Next year when we go to Spruce Meadows to watch horse jumping I’ll bring my Nikon and lenses to capture the action. This year I only had my point and shoot with me.
          For 15 years I did wedding photography as a sideline although shooting wildflowers was my passion. I used to have a world map in my office with pins in the locations where my prints went.

Very damp and foggy here this morning. My little buddy and I got soaked on our walk this morning but hey, now we have the rest of the day ahead.

Hope everyone enjoys an af Friday!

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; November 2, 2018, 06:54 PM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

One more from me today. Here's a great TED talk that lays out my exact beliefs and concerns about this who "legalized marijuana" mess (since you brought it up, Cowboy):

Last edited by dill; November 2, 2018, 11:36 AM.
            Dill

Comment

Cold and damp, should clear and warm up a little today.
              Busy day, orf to the the races.
              24 more please

Comment

“The worst part about anything, that’s self destructive is that it’s so intimate. You become so close with your addictions and illnesses that leaving them behind is like killing the part of yourself that taught you how to survive.”~Lacey L

Awesome cookies [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! That's a great spot you have for drinking coffee as well.

Still cold and rainy here....blah! I think that ginger's idea of a road trip is a great idea dill!

@Mr. Vervill...what a cool job! Would love to see you post some of your pics here! You as well QW!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

5:10am in Alberta, count me in for another 24 please, and thanks..

It's clear and just below freezing, about 3" of snow covering the ground, a perfect day to spend with my son out hunting!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's an interesting quote Jude and will take some pondering. I had never looked at it quite that way. But just yesterday I was speaking with an ER nurse about people who show up in ER after an OD and being saved by Narcan. I asked her if there is anything that is offered to the patient right then and there if they ask for help with their addiction. She said not immediately, but they do get referral info to local addiction services. She said that sadly many of them don't want help and in fact are angry at having been saved. They are angry that their 'buzz' was ruined. She said the addiction changes the person's brain so that they don't see things clearly anymore. It really breaks my heart to think of those lost souls.

It's going to be a busy 24 with granddaughter coming for a n overnight. 24 more, please and thank you.
                    Last edited by dill; November 3, 2018, 06:47 AM.
                    Dill

Comment

I love starting my day off with a chuckle, off to the races literally [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] lol.

The cookies look delicious [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! And they also look man-sized! Your back yard looks amazing, Hank and I would spend hours out there.

Thanks for the week of great quotes [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! They caused me to do a lot of soul searching, especially after what's been going on in my life right now, so thank you!

In Vegreville this morning, Bubba, Hank, and I spent the day here yesterday doing work on the house and more cleaning and sorting. Also did some work at the in-laws new suite making it more "homey" for them. While Bubba was over with the in-laws, Hank and I did the work on the house, one of the jobs was to change the taps on the kitchen sink. I had to shut the water off to the house and the main water line comes into the house in the cold room, right beside the case of Budweiser beer. A couple of weeks ago I would really have been tempted to crawl into that case, but it held no temptation for me yesterday after coming to grips with my thoughts and attitude about this whole situation, just let it go, what will be will be, so thank you all for helping me through this situation!

Hunting season started Thursday, but today will be Adam and my first day out. It's not the actual hunting that I enjoy most, it's the quality time that I get to spend with my son in the outdoors. And hunting season serves to remind me of how I let my children down when I was drinking. You see, four years ago on a Saturday, Adam and I did the morning hunt, then I made up some excuse about some work that I had to do for a few hours but would be back in time for the evening hunt. You can all guess what happened, and I didn't make it back in time for the evening hunt. When I got back over to Adam's he had already left and went out without me. I texted him to find out where he was, and these were his actual words back to me; "you know one of our rules, drinking and guns never go together. You have to get this monkey off your back, I want my real dad again". He knew that I wasn't working, that I had made up an excuse to drink, because his dad was a drunk. It took a few more months, but I finally got that monkey off my back. He never worries about me now, and he always let's me know how proud he is of me for beating this thing...

Anyway, enough of my babbling, it's time to get my things together and head for Adam's. Have a great day everyone, I know I will!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cross-post, Cowboy! Nice to see you!
                        Last edited by dill; November 3, 2018, 06:51 AM.
                        Dill

Comment

Morning Dill! Up early to spend the day with Adam, should be back here later tonight. Have a great time with your granddaughter!

Comment

Another gorgeous morning in AZ. Another 25 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, one of the best holidays I had was hunting with a buddy of mine. We had tags for white tail deer, bull moose and cow elk. It was a slow week as it was unseasonably warm and much to my surprise, grizzlies hadn’t bedded down. Had a Pampers moment when I got far too close to a grizzly.
                              Anyway, I scoped a white tail deer coming into the cut line I was walking. He looked at me and I raised my arms in the air to scare him away. It worked. On the last day of our trip I had 2 cow elk come out of the bush about 300 yards away. I looked at them but didn’t shoot. There was a road behind them, there was a risk if I hit 1 I’d kill 2 so I didn’t take the shot. I never told my buddy about those events as he would likely have been mad.
                              I decided then and there that my future hunting trips would be with my camera and after the bears had bedded down!
                              BUT, the best part of the trip was spending a week with a good buddy.

Heard yesterday that there’s a nation wide shortage of the meds Mrs QW takes for Parkinson’s. Wonderful. The generics just don’t work well enough for her. I hope the organic matter hits the wind propulsion device as it seems like an artificial shortage in order to raise prices.

Outside chore day today as snow is likely any day and I have a few things yet to do.

Ginger, glad you’re enjoying the nice weather in Arizona. What a great place!

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; November 3, 2018, 09:33 AM.
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]...thanks for sharing the story about hunting with your son. Hard to believe how selfish we become while in the grips of alcohol. Nothing is more important than feeding the monster, even at the expense of others. Your son must be so proud of you!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Happy Sunday all!

Comment

Working...
                                X