~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“May you live every day of your life.” – Jonathan Swift
    Every day should be for living. Of course we have school, jobs, family and responsibilities to attend to. But set aside some time to do what you love each day, no matter what it is. Though it may not seem it, it is just as important as any other obligations you have.

5:40am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Last edited by abcowboy; November 4, 2018, 07:42 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Had a great day in the outdoors yesterday, wildlife - 1, hunters - 0, but it was still a great day! We saw 5 moose, 1 whitetail buck, 4 whitetail does, and numerous mule deer does. Never even lifted the rifles. Breakfast is ready!

Last edited by abcowboy; November 4, 2018, 08:51 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Had to laugh when I glanced at my post from yesterday. Guess I needed an extra hour. Lol

Glad everyone had a great Saturday. On to enjoy an AF Sunday!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I noticed that you asked for an extra hour Ginger! But if you think about it, that would have actually been appropriate for today because with the change in time, turning our clocks backward, we will have an extra 60 minutes on our hands today!

I always appreciate the stories shared here too. Good reminders and we can all see a bit of ourselves in each story.

Good quote today, Cowboy. I've missed living many days to their fullest. For me, life is best lived keeping the cork in the bottle!

I'll take 25 today, please!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I didn't even notice the mistake Ginger, but as Dill said, I guess we all needed 25 lol

Comment

Back home, light rain this morning.
              I'll take an extra hour of sober living anytime!
              24 more here please!

Comment

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

“No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell.” – Carl Jung
                  This quote can be described in many ways. Heaven can be peace, success or any other positive outcome. No matter what positive outcome you are looking for, it will not come without some form of suffering or hard work. Tough times create tough people and tough people reach their goals.

6:00am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Well it looks like winter's here to stay, -8C (18F) here this morning with snow and blowing snow. Time for winter boots me thinks...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you! Happy AF Monday.:thumbsup:

Comment

Wow, what a quote! I'll be pondering that one all day! Jung was scary brilliant.
                      Speaking of brilliant minds, I highly recommend the series about Einstein, called Genius. It is a biographical drama of his life and times, both of which were incredibly turbulent. The series features Geoffrey Rush as the elder Einstein and Emily Watson as his second wife in her later years.

24 more for me, please and thank you.
                      Last edited by dill; November 5, 2018, 01:08 PM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A cold, windy morning when we walked. I think the weather forecasters forgot to look out the window because it was a heck of a lot colder than what they reported.

Off to a few chores and then lunch out with Mrs QW. We’re going to see our pharmacist while we’re out to see if they can supply Mrs QW’s much needed meds or if this shortage is for real.

Hope everyone has a great Monday, af.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Listening to the wind howling and the rain lashing at the windows. Good day to be inside with my coffee! The weather guys say that we may have some Lake Effect snow on tap for this weekend and into next week. I may be crazy, but I'd rather see the white stuff on the ground than the mud that we are wallowing in at the moment.

QW... I hope that you can get the meds that you need for Mrs. QW.

Have a great AF Tuesday all!

I'd be grateful for another 24 and thank you!

Comment

“The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” – Albert Einstein
                            Our thoughts create decisions and our decisions create the world around us. If we want to change the world, we have to begin to change our thinking. If we cannot change our thinking then we cannot change our daily decisions.

6:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

This whole week is supposed to be well below freezing with intermittent snow, good thing I have inside jobs to do!

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Last edited by abcowboy; November 6, 2018, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Since you mentioned Einstein yesterday [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I figured I'd use one of his quotes today!

When you mentioned the shortage of Mrs QW's meds [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], it reminded me of a few years ago when there was a shortage of Synthroid, my thyroid medication. The doc had no choice but to give me a generic brand, it wasn't nearly as good and it took almost a year to get me back regulated after Synthroid became available again. Is there something similar that Mrs QW could take in the meantime?

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X