~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Glad to be of assistance, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!

I've been giving my customers a pop quiz today in honor of election day: 4 questions:
    What is the state bird,
    What is the state tree,
    What is the state flower, and
    What is the state capital.
    People have been good sports about participating and it's been good for a few chuckles. It's brought a few smiles to peoples faces which was the goal.

So, Mr. V, fellow Ohioan, what would be your score?!

24 more, if you please.
    Last edited by dill; November 6, 2018, 09:48 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, the generics available to replace Sinemet just don’t work as well, much like what you found with your thyroid medication.
      I have a very low tolerance for BS so I’m hoping Frank & Blunt don’t have to make an appearance. A lot of people won’t want to hear from me but will if this isn’t resolved quickly.
      What I find hard to believe is that the manufacturer has the same meds available in different strengths so why can’t they make the dosage Mrs QW needs?
      When Mrs QW was first diagnosed, we were told by a provincial organization that it could take 2 years to see a neurologist. I just smiled and said “No it won’t”. And it didn’t. Good thing because Frank & Blunt were prepared to travel to Edmonton to meet with our health minister, and you know of whom I speak Cowboy!
      We had a call from a neurologist within 2 weeks and an appointment within a month. And Mrs QW was already on meds thanks to our family doctor.
      The manufacturer of Sinemet has created a fabulous product and we are very grateful that it’s what Mrs QW needs. Just don’t do stuff like create artificial shortages.

Winter like conditions here today, cold and some snow which means Jessie’s morning meander will be delayed a bit.

Hope everyone has a great af Tuesday!

QW
      Last edited by Quit wining; November 6, 2018, 12:26 PM.
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]... had to laugh when I heard about Frank and Blunt making an appearance. You are the best advocate for your wife's healthcare, and these days it's so necessary!

More rain expected today.....surprise!!!:clouds:

Humbly asking for another sober 24 hours, and thank you very much!

Comment

“Happiness is not the absence of problems it’s the ability to deal with them.” - Steve Maraboli
          If you’re trying to stamp out all of the problems you have so that you can feel happy you’re going to have a lot of work to do. The thing is to learn how to handle your problems and still maintain your happiness throughout the process. You need to learn to get a handle on things in your life, and then you don’t have to worry about problems any more. Problems will seem like opportunities to you, and you’ll be able to handle them with little effort, and without messing up your good vibes.

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

At least you don't have to shovel it Jude lol! Cold and clear this morning, snow in the forecast for all weekend....

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Late check in here. I hope you got Mrs. QW the medication she needs, QW. What frustration!

Humbly asking for 24 more.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, still awaiting an answer on Mrs QW’s meds. We’re OK for meds in the short term but Frank & Blunt are ready to act if necessary!

Ginger, how about posting some Arizona photos for those of us that aren’t as warm as you???

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Ok Mr. QW, you asked for it! See if this link works to see some of my pics. Full disclosure.... these are all taken with my phone. :happy2:
                  AZ Pics
                  Last edited by Ginger999; November 7, 2018, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the pics Ginger!

We spent a week in the Sedona area a few years ago and had a fabulous time. Besides spending a day at the Grand Canyon, we did a historical tour with Pink Jeep Tours and took the Verde Canyon train ride. We put 2200 miles on the rental car that week.

One of these years I’d like to spend a few months in Arizona to escape our winter.

We met lots of wonderful people, reminded us of Albertans in a lot of ways.

BTW, is the mansion visible from the Cathedral on the Rock still for sale? I think the asking price when we were there was $12 million!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

QW, the city of Sedona's name sake is a distant cousin of my hubby. Not sure about the mansion. A little out of our price range. lol There are many Canadians in our RV park escaping the cold! Hope you get to come down some day. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much! :smiles:

Comment

“Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” - William James
                          Belief is a powerful force and when you combine that with thoughts of a life worth living you put into motion all of the pieces for a worthwhile life. Those that hold to the idea that life isn’t worth living will find that it comes true after a while. That’s why it’s so important to hold positive thoughts in your mind long enough until they become a belief. Only then will you be able to overcome all of the negativity that exists in the world. We get to choose our beliefs so make sure you’re believing the right things.

5:35am in Alberta, I'm in for 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

cool and sunny this morning. Maybe snow flurries by the weekend.
                            Super busy with election stuff past few days so no check-in.
                            Up in your neck of the woods, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] for a certain someone campaigning.
                            100% on the quiz, lol.
                            Hope you get the meds, QW, but I don't mind Mr Frank and Blunt, they know how to get things done.
                            24 more please

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Ha! Mr. V right here in my neighborhood?! (Greene County) Hey, I for one am really glad the midterms are over! Congrats on the quiz score.

24 more please and thank you.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X