Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A cool sunny day here and tomorrow we’re to get a Chinook. Sadly it’ll be short lived as the forecasters predict it will become an Alberta Clipper and deliver nasty weather to the east.

Hope everyone has had a great af Thursday!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Snow in the forecast this weekend and into next week. Not much that you can do about it....tis the season I guess!

Another 24 of blissful sobriety please and thank you!

Comment

“You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” - Jon Kabat-Zinn
        So many times it seems that people will try to control things that they just have no control over. The waves are going to come to shore no matter what, so instead of trying to stop them we need to learn how to use them to our advantage and have as much fun as we can on them.

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

Very cold here this morning with a wind, snow in the forecast for today and tonight, looks like the shovel will be making it's rounds! But hey, it's good exercise!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

One of my all time favorite quotes and so true! Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

High winds and low temps coming our way tonight. Yes, Jude, "tis the season"! Tis the season to sit by the fire in the mornings instead of on the deck! I'm so lucky to have an east facing window right there so I can keep an eye on the sunrise.

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Got to love a Chinook wind! The temp when we walked this morning was -6C, felt like -16C. That’s cold. And now it’s +6. The wildest temperature swing I’ve seen with a Chinook was from -30 to +5 in 3 hours!

Sad news today but a good reminder of why we don’t drink. The husband of a friend of Mrs QW passed away from heart issues at the age of 66. He was an alcoholic for most of his life and caused his wife and family considerable pain. Such a waste.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Cold this morning, 24F, light snow flurries last night.
                Yep, Dill! Right next door, lol. At the new Gov. elect's place.
                Got company coming Sunday, an uncle and my mom. My Aunt passed away suddenly, 76, and have a funeral to get to. Cancer. Just diagnosed two weeks ago, already gone. Just glad she didn't suffer. Shocker to say the least.
                Gotta get the place cleaned up, lol. Working Sunday, too. Felt the pressure to drink, and then quickly thought, Ain't nobody got time for that!
                Peace and 24 more to all.

Comment

“It’s so hard when I have to, and so easy when I want to." - Annie Gottlier
                  This is a perfect phrase to remember when you are struggling with something because you absolutely don’t want to do it, and you feel like you have to do it. There is such a huge shift in ease when you shift your mind over to wanting to do it. Listen, if you have to do something you might as well get on board with it mentally because you’re going to do it anyway. When you feel like you actually want to do it, it will become much easier than when you struggle to do it against your will.

5:45am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

It warmed up through the night, -3C (28F) with about an inch of snow, going to be a great day for hunting with my son!

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happy Saturday folks! Sitting by the fire with my coffee and kindle...... so grateful to be inside. Calling for snow today, so the hubby will likely get called in to work. Good day to clean the house I guess.
                    [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]...thanks for the great quotes this week!:thumbsups:

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!!

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you! Enjoy your AF Saturday everyone.

Comment

Well, Mr. V, you could have seen my home across the fields from there with a pair of binoculars! LOL I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. Glad you batted away the urge to drink. Pretty sure it would not have done you any good!

Thanks [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] for a week of great quotes and reflections.

Hello Ginger, Jude and QW!
                        24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Have I mentioned how much I love winter? Probably not and it’s because I don’t! This morning when we headed out for a walk, the neighbourhood was like a skating rink, thanks to overnight freezing rain. Not impressed! I fell on black ice the other day, something I said I wasn’t going to do this winter. By this afternoon the ice had melted and our afternoon walk was much better.

Mrs QW is looking after the grandkids tonight, an anniversary gift to our kids who are going out for supper. We do this every year for them.

Our friend who recently passed was a very heavy drinker for many years. He’d had his driving privileges taken away several times and I recall him saying a few years back that he’d just paid $8,000 in fines! His wife always figured he’d kill himslf in his truck but it was his heart that gave out. At 66, he’s going to miss a lot of quality time with his 4 grandkids.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Saturday af like I did, grateful for not having the beast on my back.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

As you become aware of what has robbed you of the purity of an innocent mind, a clear heart and a strong body, you will be deeply served by letting go of those familiar limitations.
                            ~Debbie Ford

Letting go permanently gives us time to heal our bodies and discover our lost selves, too.

QW, I am so sorry to hear about your wife's friend's hb. My older brother died at 58. He was a heavy drinker and also died of a heart condition like your friend. But I think if he had been able to stop drinking he would have been with us a lot longer. I miss him. Had your acquaintance ever tried to quit? And that's awful about your fall! I'm so glad nothing was broken. Promise yourself no more falls on black ice, and mean it this time!:hug:

We have our granddaughter here again. It seems she wants to come every weekend now!

Let's all have another 24.
                            Last edited by dill; November 11, 2018, 06:49 AM.
                            Dill

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Rise and shine everyone, breakfast is ready!

Comment

Working...
                                X