No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 please and thank you very much! Will try to write more later as I want to comment more about the poem that cowboy posted. Have a great Sunday all!

Loved the quote dill!

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It’s currently snowing, about 2” on the ground so far. Off to shovel in a few minutes.

Planning to watch Remembrance Day ceremonies this morning. If you get a chance, check out a short video titled A Pittance of Time. Very thought provoking.

Lest We Forget

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

27F and overcast, rain moving in later today.
            Off to Louisville for the funeral, back later today.
            Missed checking in yesterday, busy.
            A belated salute to all our Vets. Here's one from yesterday's game
            Another 24 for all of us.

Comment

When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals,
              adjust the action steps.

~Confucius

Life's pace seems to be faster than usual these days. I am hoping that winter slows things down a bit. Probably not going to happen until after New Year's.

24 more for us all!
              Last edited by dill; November 12, 2018, 06:53 AM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Loved the poem honoring our Vets cowboy! I've been a caregiver for the last couple of years for an awesome man, a former marine who fought in the Battle of IOWA JIMA many years ago. Alzheimer's is slowly robbing him of his short term memory, but he can still remember things from many years ago, and has told me many stories of his years as a marine. He told me that it was common practice to collect souvenir's from the bodies of the dead Japanese soldiers, as they also did with the marines. His description of the bloodshed that occurred on that island are horrific, and always send a chill up my spine. Thousands of soldiers died on IOW JIMA, and it's one thing to read about it in a history book, but quite another when you hear it straight from the lips of someone who has been there. Many years after the war was over, he went through all of his souvenir's, and decided to try and return them to the families of the deceased Japanese. An article was published in the newspaper about this project, and he soon received many letters in response, some from fellow marines, but most from their families. With a lot of hard work and research, Sam (fake name was able to return many items to the families of the dead. Sam fought and killed for his country, yet he remains a compassionate man. As a devout Catholic, he tells me that it was his faith that got him through that horrific battle, where so many men died for their country. He wears his Marine cap with pride, and has a display case on his wall with so many medals of honor, and artifacts from this war. When we are out in public, most people, especially the young, only see an old, white haired man hobbling along with the use of a cane. It is their loss, that they will never know the man inside that shell, as I do.....a badass Marine with a huge heart. I will be eternally grateful to him and all like him, who defend our country selflessly and with pride.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; November 12, 2018, 07:55 AM.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you! Here's to another AF week:love:

Comment

Got some time between hunts today, so figured I’d get caught up with the happenings. First, it’s wildlife – 6 hunters – 0 and that’s just fine by me. I wish I would have had a real camera with me last night as my cell phone doesn’t take very good pics in low-light situations. We were just finishing up the evening hunt last night when we came across a magnificent mule deer buck and Adam got drawn for a tag for those. We watched him in awe for probably a good 10 minutes and I quietly asked Adam if he was going to take the shot, he just shook his head no. When we were in the truck headed for home, I said those type of bucks don’t come around very often, and he said you’re right, and that’s why I let him go. I want him around breeding does and passing his genetics down the line. I’m pretty proud of my boy…

Great quotes [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Alcohol robs us of so many things, some we regain quite quickly while other seem to take a long time to regain. But we only have to stick to our goal, stay sober, and work at being the person we should be. Not all goals are attainable, but sobriety is one of those we can achieve. So if your goal seems unachievable, keep working at it, maybe change your strategy, and you’ll be surprised at what you can achieve!

I agree [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] that the vets that are still alive carry burdens that we can never really feel, and so many of them took those experiences to the grave with them. I’m currently reading a book about the Japanese invasion of the Philippines and the American’s fight to help rid the country of those invaders. The atrocities suffered by everyone seem not humanly possible, but they happened. Remembrance Day is a day for me to pray for all our vets, both alive and casualties alike, only they can truly understand what humankind is capable of.

Great pic [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! Was that the game where President Bush was in attendance? If it was, then Adam and I watched part of it till the Oilers game came on.

Can’t think of much else to say, we went from -18C last night to +2C right now and +6 forecast for a high tomorrow! Remind me again [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] why I love living in Alberta lol.

Comment

Another24 hours please &thank you.

Cowboy, that was great that Adam left that buck rather than take the shot. You should both be proud.

Living in Alberta is great for many reasons although weather isn’t always cause for celebration. Tomorrow however is to be an exception. Here in the south, we’re supposed to warm up to 14C. Sounds like barbecue weather to me!

A long, frustrating day thanks to Parkinson’s, hoping for a better one tomorrow.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Still have some pages to read back and see how you're all doing.. but I wanted to be sure to say, here's to 24 af hours!!xx

Comment

People have a hard time letting go of their suffering.
                            Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.

~Thich Nhat Hanh

Coffee shop today. 24 more, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

You should be proud of your son Cowboy! I couldn't agree more about letting the buck live. His genetics will make some pretty good stock, ensuring the continuation of the species.

Hope all are well on this Tuesday....have a great day!

Another 24please and thank you very much!

Comment

Cold and wet.
                                Long emotional day with the funeral yesterday, drove my Mom and Uncle down. Heavy traffic, my Uncle, a vet, who served 35+ years, year just lamented, only a few get to holiday off anymore, nobody respects anything anymore. he might be right.
                                Saw a cousin I hadn't seen in almost 20 years.
                                Drinking and not really enjoying it, I guess that's what's called suffering the familiar.
                                24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X