No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Decent morning out there, good thing cause I've got some outside jobs to do and this week looks like the week to do it.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! One we can all relate to!
      Last edited by abcowboy; November 13, 2018, 08:45 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] I wanted to thank you for sharing that story about your veteran friend. I thought about it for quite some time. Those young men collecting souvenirs off dead soldiers... In such a gruesome setting those dead soldiers were objectified as mere objects. How else could those young boys have survived the hell they were trying to get thru. Then years later when trying to come to terms with it all, what a beautiful and moving way to try to find healing and redemption. My husband's cousin is the only Vietnam combat veteran I have the privilege of knowing. He never spoke of his time in Vietnam for many, many years. Until about 10 years ago. One day we stopped by his place in the middle of the day only to find him pretty well drunk. And for the first time he started talking. He had a lot to let out. We spent a long time there that day. Afterward we never talked to him about his daytime drinking, but he was able to share more and more with us about his wartime experience from that time forward. He spent many years dealing with his demons with drink. Then of course, drink became his biggest demon. And is in the process of taking him out.

Mr. V, sad about your cousin. Did you two talk about the subject of drinking? And that you had quit? Just curious. Interesting how the quote of the day hit home that way. Aren't you glad you let go of that old familiar!

Hey Cowboy, that sounds like my kind of hunting!

Greetings, QW, LC and Ginger!
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Very warm and windy here today, temp currently 18C, 64F. Not bad for mid November.

Hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful af Tuesday.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Really cold and snowy morning here with winter storm warnings posted. So glad that the hubby finally put the snow tires on....gonna need them today!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.
                ~Shiv Khera

20 degrees and clear here. It's supposed to get up above freezing later. No snow! :happy2:

24 please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

At the freezing mark here, rain and freezing rain in the forecast for today. I'll take snow over freezing rain any day!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                  [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Staying positive is a key thing through anything life throws at you. It's not always easy, but it only takes a moment to stop and think about all the positives in any situation to realize how lucky we really are...

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you! All this talk of winter weather makes me cold! Cooler weather here in AZ too but nothing like you all are faced with! Stay warm :thumbsup:

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thankyou.

It was a long, busy day with a successful meeting with our Member of Parliament in the afternoon and a youth Justice Committee meeting this evening. I’m bagged!

Hope everyone had a great Wednesday, af.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Just read yesterday's quote, Dill.. just what I needed as I was grumbling a bit about not wanting to go to work!
                          Ginger, I'll be in Phx in January for a couple of weeks.. maybe we could make it for a hike? My favourite thing to do when I'm visiting..
                          Here's to 24af hours, please and thank you.. wishing you all a lovely Thursday.xx

Comment

32F with freezing rain outside.
                            Up early to take Mrs V to the airport, a short 2 day trip. She's on one of those private airlines, just walk up to the gate, get on, no TSA crap, feels like a jet-setter, LOL.
                            Thanks for taking an active part in what goes on in your part of the world, QW. Not just whining about it on Facebook. That's what I call a positive action!
                            It would be awesome if LC and Ginger got together for a hike!
                            24 more here please.

Comment

15F here, but the snow has let up....for now.

Great quotes this this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]; very inspiring way to start the day.

Another 24 please!
                              Last edited by Jude58; November 15, 2018, 06:28 AM.

Comment

You know your an alcoholic when you cant remember why you cant remember :-)
                                ~Mario~:love:

There are some people that are just larger than life and you just can't help but love them. Mario was one. When you think of saint and sinner rolled into one, you have Mario. Anyway. This quote isn't inspiring perhaps, but it is definitely one that we all relate to a great deal. (Long time members are all familiar with him I should think.) I shall never forget our Mario.

You know you're an alcoholic when the words "I'll have just one" are referring to a bottle, not a glass!

QW, well done to you! Was a time in my life when an evening meeting was simple not going to happen. Yours either, I bet!

24 more please.
                                Last edited by dill; November 15, 2018, 07:26 AM.
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X