No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

0C (32F), right at the freezing mark...3 days of snow in the forecast with a bit of a drop in temperatures...guess Mother Nature figured I need some exercise lol.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You're right [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], he was quite the guy and helped so many here! Rest in peace Mario, you might be gone but you'll never be forgotten...
      Last edited by abcowboy; November 15, 2018, 08:21 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

So sorry to hear about Mario. @LC, I'd love to connect for a hike! PM me when you get here in January. Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The weather was good again today although winter is to return tonight. Supposedly it will only be here for a day or so before temps warm up to 10C, 50F by early next week.

Dill, I used to avoid evening meetings although I would refrain from drinking if I absolutely had to attend one. I do remember checking the time often during these meetings, counting the minutes until I could get home and get a drink. I don’t miss those days!

Hope everyone had a great Thursday, af of course.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Morning cafe friends! TGIF is how I'm feeling at the moment!
            Looking forward to a relaxing weekend, af here, too, of course!
            Wishing you all a lovely day! Can't believe some of you have already got snow.. I hope we get some this year.
            Meant to say how jealous I am of your morning view, Dill! How beautiful..
            xx

Comment

Cold and damp. Snow was forecasted, but we got none. We had 1/4 inch of ice yesterday, took down trees and power lines all over town. Luckily I only lost a few small limbs in my trees, and remained with power.
              Mrs. V's jet set trip was cancelled because of the weather, she's back to slumming now, lol!
              Love the Mario quote, and thoughts of him, RIP.
              24 more here please

Comment

25F with a good 10 inches of snow on the ground. As much as I hate to drive in it, the beauty of a fresh snowfall is hard to beat. Haven't seen the hubby much in the past couple of days...lots of roads to plow. :snowman:

Hope that everyone is doing well on this Friday!

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision.
                  ~Dalai Lama

A thing layer of snow blanketing the ground this morning. And it will be a darn good day....

24 more, please.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

-12C (9F) here this morning and a fresh snowfall covering everything...

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] @lofechange abcowboy

Comment

I worked late last night to finish up a job so I could start a new one today. Got done around 8:00 and by the time I had everything loaded back up into the truck it was almost 8:30, and there was a good old prairie blizzard blowing hard! Snow, blowing snow, snow covered icy highways, so it took me almost 1/2 hour longer to get home. As I was driving I thought of the many times that I drove through that kind of weather after having had a few too many, I guess I thought I was indestructible lol. Sure glad I quit those stupid ways...

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, 10” of snow! Yikes. You can have it. We had a major winter storm last night but it was high winds rather than lots of snow. Mrs QW was worried the barbecue covers would be gone this morning, I was more concerned the barbecues themselves were gone!

I was thinking as I shovelled the driveway this morning that in spite of dangerous driving conditions, back in drinking days, if I was low on wine, I would have gone to the store. Don’t miss those days!

Hope everyone has a great af Friday!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Yup, QW....winter is here! There was 2 feet of heavy wet snow at the end of the driveway yesterday morning, (thanks to the plows) but I managed to blast through it and get to work. We gave up on using a shovel long ago, went right to a tractor.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

There are times like today when I’d love to escape from everyday life, grab a case of beer and let the world pass me by. And that’s what happens, the world passes us by, the hours we spend drinking can never be recovered. That’s no way to live life. So I think of a poem, an inspirational quote, and have a little chat with the Big Guy, and be grateful knowing I did all I could do.
                              ~ abcowboy, 2/21/18

I hope you don't mind, Cowboy. When you wrote this back in February I saved it because it was so spot on. Thinking about the mistakes of the past can make you want to drown your memories. But that can only lead to more sadness. Gratitude is key.

It's unusual to have such wintery weather this early in the year. I hope it is just a fluke and not a portend of things to come. Our power was out for 3 and a half hours on Wednesday morning due to the ice storm. Grateful for the generator! Between all the news on the west coast of fire and all the ice and snow in other parts it really makes you stop and think.

24 more please and I'll leave you all with this bit of Robert Frost:

Fire and Ice
                              By Robert Frost

Some say the world will end in fire,
                              Some say in ice.
                              From what I’ve tasted of desire
                              I hold with those who favor fire.
                              But if it had to perish twice,
                              I think I know enough of hate
                              To say that for destruction ice
                              Is also great
                              And would suffice.
                              Last edited by dill; November 17, 2018, 07:12 AM.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

6:05am in Alberta, 24 for me please, and thanks...

Running late this morning, have to head out to Adam's pretty quick for another weekend of father - son time, but I do have more to add when I get back from the morning hunt, and thanks [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I do feel truly blessed!

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Working...
                                X