~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Cool and grey. It's been grey for well over a week, I keep thinking of all the descriptors Ori [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], had for the grey sky, I do hope he's well.
    That's a lot of snow so early Jude!
    Timely quote, Dill.
    I've had a few drinking thoughts lately, mostly wanting to escape for a day, but what would that help? I'm not really stressed about anything, so I've got to dig a little deeper about where these thoughts are coming from, and take off these rose colored glasses.
    Peace and 24 more to all.

Comment

Great quote! Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

What’s with these drinking thoughts? The feckits are working overtime.

It’s very cold here this morning so I decided to thumb my nose at winter. I’m barbecuing steaks tonight.

Mrs QW has an appointment with her neurologist on Monday. In addition to renewing her prescriptions, we’ll update her on our activities with Parkinson Alberta and Parkinson Canada to raise awareness of the disease. I met this past week with our Member of Parliament to enlist support for a funding request to establish a national research platform. Were it up to him, I think he’d have written a cheque to cover the costs. There are some good politicians out there!

Hope everyone enjoys an af Saturday!

QW
        Last edited by Quit wining; November 17, 2018, 07:59 PM.
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

We’re pretty lucky up here [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] as far as snowfall goes that is lol, we get lots over the winter but it usually comes 2-3” at a time. Calgary is a bit different because of their proximity to the mountains but in northeastern Alberta an 8” snowfall is a rarity. I have a snowblower at home in the garage that hasn’t been used in 3 years, prefer to use the magic shovel lol.

I kind of laughed at your snubbing winter by bar-b-queuing steaks tonight [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I've put meat on the smoker when it was -21C! A little bit of cold weather won’t stop me from enjoying some summertime activities lol.

And I definitely don’t mind you using my words [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it actually made me feel like I was “giving back”! One of the many reasons I log in everyday is that something that I say might be just the thing someone needs to hear to give them hope. I know I come across strongly on my point of views, but that’s who I am. I prefer to tell the truth no matter what, then to sugar coat something that really isn’t the way it is.

I’m not about to tell people that my life is 100% better since I’ve got sober because it isn’t. My life hasn’t changed all that much with my sobriety, but the way I deal with life has changed 100%! Do I miss having a drink or two, you bet I do, but I don’t regret quitting drinking at all. It was the only thing I could do to be able to deal with life in a positive manner. Getting sober isn’t the be all end all for an alcoholic, it’s how you accept your sobriety that really counts….

I hear you on the drinking thoughts [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION], but I think it's the time of year and just starting into the pre-Christmas season. November is a month with nothing to get really excited about, and Christmas, and everything that goes with it, will soon be upon us and we'll have to enjoy the festive season without the "festive drinks" we were accustomed to. As [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] said, there are so many things to be grateful for why let anything dampen the joy we can feel throughout the coming weeks! Hey, in only 4 months time spring will just be around the corner!
          Last edited by abcowboy; November 18, 2018, 09:03 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It seems your words were just as helpful this second time around as they were the first time, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. On another subject, I just finished listening to an audiobook that I thought, "I wonder if cowboy would enjoy this series?" The book that I just finished and think you and Bubba might like is called, Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good, by Jan Karon. It's a series about a small town cast of characters set in the Blue Ridge Mountains, the main character being an Episcopal priest. Lots of warmth, humor and wisdom. The style is along the lines of James Herriot or Garrison Keillor. I really enjoyed listening to the audio version read by John McDonough.

Has anyone here besides me read any of this series?
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] Good for you and Mrs. QW! Funding for research can be difficult to obtain, but folks like yourself are essential in making it happen.

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]..I haven't read any books by Jan Karon, but I know several people who have. I'll have to check it out. Also, thank you for the great quotes this week...I don't always comment on them, but they often get me through a tough day.

Seems that I'm not the only one with drinking thoughts lately. Not sure what's causing it but I don't like it one bit. :crybaby:

Looking forward to breakfast cowboy...kinda hungry this morning! :flip:

I'm take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Yes, thanks for the great quotes this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I'll be using quotes this week from a website that [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] told me about, thanks Rava! You know you're welcome to check in here everyday, no matter what! :hug:

“Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.” - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

6:15am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Last edited by abcowboy; November 18, 2018, 09:08 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not very cold here this morning, -4C (25F), with a light snow falling. Should be a nice morning out in the bush, but best get breakfast out for everyone before we head out!
                  Last edited by abcowboy; November 18, 2018, 08:48 AM.

Comment

I checked out the book and author on Goodreads [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], then I put it in my wish list on Amazon so I wouldn't forget lol. I might get the whole Mitford series, thanks!
                    Last edited by abcowboy; November 18, 2018, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Cool and sunny.
                      Relaxing day around the house today, and I don't even have to make breakfast!
                      24 more please.

Comment

Thanks for the quotes! And another great breakfast, Cowboy. Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Thanks for the great breakfast, Cowboy! And a good quote to savor as well.

Now for 3 of the most important words in the English language: 24 more, "Please" and "thank you".
                          Last edited by dill; November 18, 2018, 05:51 PM. Reason: punctuation
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A bit warmer today with rain. My little buddy and I got quite wet when we walked this morning. Good thing I left the headphones at home!

Mrs QW and I meet with her neurologist tomorrow. Hopefully we can get answers to a few questions we have around her meds. While the meds do positively impact the physical aspects, they don’t seem to do much for the mental aspects. Some days it’s like walking on egg shells, something I’m learning to do better.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday, af.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Really wanted a drink yesterday, and even had plans of driving to the liquor store for a bottle of wine. ��For some reason, the combination of Sunday's and the month of November often cause me to sink into a pit of depression. Today I'm so grateful to have my sobriety intact. Dodged another bullet...

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

cold and rainy this morning.
                                Had to fight urges here too, Jude. Got to drill down and find what's behind it.
                                Good luck today QW, hope the doc has a few answers, even if it's a small step.
                                Got some Christmas decorations up yesterday, a t little early, but Mrs V had plans.
                                Hi to everyone else.
                                24 more please, and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X