~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

November seems to be a challenging month for lots of us, [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]. I'm really glad you safely navigated the shark infested waters yesterday Jude. I wonder if it is the receding light. The days are getting shorter and the weather colder and it leads to a desire to hibernate. In our case hibernate=escape=drink. Just a thought.

QW, walking on egg shells is a skill. I'm working on it too with Mr. D's recent illness. His isn't as devastating as Parkinsons, but never-the-less, he feels pretty bad and has bad days. Some of it is actually brought on by the meds which in his case seem almost as harsh at this point as the disease. (It's a kidney disease) But he has hope that he'll be able to get off the meds in a few months, so at least he has hope.

24 more, please and thank you.
    Last edited by dill; November 19, 2018, 07:46 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion.” - Jack Kerouac

6:15am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Right around the freezing mark here in Vegreville, but going to be well above freezing by this afternoon, maybe a good day to install a storm door that a customer wants done!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good job on getting through those urges guys! I guess the key is like what [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] said, try to get to the bottom of what's causing them. It's been a tough go for me as well, but when I finally figured out that it was all about getting Bubba and the in-laws to change their way of thinking to be in line with mine, and that wasn't happening, I just decided to let it go, que sera, sera...

On a funnier note, there is a 10 pack of mixed root beers out on the market, 2 of each of 5 original flavours, and Bubba bought a pack of them because she knows that I love the original, natural flavoured root beer. Anyway, they come in a bottle the same shape, size, and color of a beer bottle and she was worried that it might be a trigger for me lol. I told her not to worry, it was what is in the bottle that counts!

Hope everything goes well today for you and the Missus [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A long day but positive results from our visit with Mrs QW’s neurologist. Parkinson’s is a progressive, degenerative disease. There is no cure at present so success can be measured by how little degeneration has been made over a period of time and by how the symptoms are managed through medication and lifestyle. The doctor feels Mrs QW is doing as well as can be expected. I was happy to hear that!
            The doctor asked Mrs QW if she’d be willing to help neurologists in training by being interviewed by them so that they learn more about the disease from a patients perspective. She agreed. I’m proud of her for doing that.
            The neurologist only recently learned of the expected shortage of one of the leading drugs used in treating the symptoms of PD. It makes no sense to her either.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Cloudy and quiet out there this morning....a good day to log in another 24 of sobriety.

Comment

“You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” - John C. Maxwell

5:40am in Alberta, 24 for me please, and thanks...

Nice morning out there, shaping up to be an even nicer day!

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Way to go Mrs QW! (and you too Mr QW!)

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

QW, that's good news that progression is slow and meds are doing their job. Kudos to Mrs. QW on helping the new doctors learn more about this devastating disease.

Comment

Thanks for another good quote, Cowboy/Rava. I have been noticing lately just how much a creature of habit I am! Small changes in routine are difficult sometimes but make a big difference toward a goal, be it weight loss or quitting something hard to quit, like alcohol or cigs.
                      24 more, please.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A beautiful day here, sunshine and 17C, 63F. Funny, we’ve had nicer weather in November than we had in much of September & October. My little buddy and I enjoyed walking over10kms, 6.3 miles, in the sun.

Our pharmacist said that they’ll order in a 6 month supply of the meds Mrs QW needs! We were thrilled to learn the quantity was still available.

Hope everyone enjoyed a great af Tuesday!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]....So glad that Mrs. QW will be getting the meds that she needs!

Blustery and cold here with snow squalls in the forecast. The high temp on Thanksgiving is only supposed to be 20F with wind chills below 0F at times. Brrrrr!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!
                          Last edited by Jude58; November 21, 2018, 07:12 AM.

Comment

“A bad attitude is like a flat tire, you can’t get very far until you change it.” – Unknown

5:50am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

Some crazy weather we've been having all across North America! The temps here have been hovering right around the freezing mark overnight and warming up a bit throughout the day, and that's supposed to continue till mid-December....we shall see lol

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Cool and sunny this morning, warming up to near 45F, might try and squeeze one last bike ride in for the season.
                              24 more please and thank you.

Comment

Cooler here too! In the mid 70s. Lol It's hard to be away from the kids and gkids this time of year. We may drive home at Christmas if the weather permits. We will see!

Another 24 please and thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                                X