Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, you should come to Alberta for Thanksgiving! Any excuse for a turkey dinner works for us!!

Great quote Cowboy. Attitude is so important. My Dad had cancer, was legally blind for the last few years of his life and in spite of that, he often said “Not the worst thing that could happen”. That glass half full outlook kept him going long after others would have given up. His quality of life wasn’t the best but he got to meet two great-grandkids.

Wishing everyone a great af Wednesday!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION].... what time is dinner! :biglaugh:

Comment

In my earlier post I forgot to wish our American friends a Happy Thanksgiving. And for those on the road, safe travels.

Jude, dinner is anytime you get here! I might have to call on the culinary skills of Cowboy to help out. I’m sure he and Bubba would be agreeable!!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Just a quick fly by today. 24 please and thank you 😊
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

You bet [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Bubba and I would definitely make the drive to have dinner with my MWO friends!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yesterday was epic. My dear granddaughter was in emergency care that ended up with an emergency appendectomy. She will be in the hospital for the next few days to make sure the infection clears as there was a small rupture. It was a terrible feeling watching her suffer and I am grateful to Children's Hospital and to modern medicine this Thanksgiving day.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all. Even to our Canadian Friends. :happy2: It's always good to celebrate gratitude.

Humbly and gratefully asking for 24 more.
              Last edited by dill; November 22, 2018, 06:30 AM.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“The best part about life? Every morning you have a new opportunity to become a better version of yourself.” – Unknown

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hope your granddaughter heals up quickly [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends!

Comment

Happy AF Thanksgiving to all of you! Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your granddaughter [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION],I hope she's ok and heals quickly!((hugs))
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post
                          In my earlier post I forgot to wish our American friends a Happy Thanksgiving. And for those on the road, safe travels.

Jude, dinner is anytime you get here! I might have to call on the culinary skills of Cowboy to help out. I’m sure he and Bubba would be agreeable!!

QW
                          Let's see, if I leave now.....

Comment

12F and with light snow here, but according to the weather guys, it's supposed to clear up later. (Not that I believe them anymore.,

Hope that your granddaughter is feeling better [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

The hubby and I don't often have the traditional Turkey dinner on Thanksgiving, as it's usually just the 2 of us. Most of the time we cook steaks on the grill, but with a wind chill in the negative numbers, we're going to cook a roast in the oven.

Everyone of us here has a lot to be grateful for, and I think that we should celebrate Thanksgiving every day of the year.

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I picked up our travel vouchers for our Mexico trip in January. Bought snorkel gear for the grandkids to play with while there, can’t wait to see them in the pools!

Jude, 12F? It was 14C, 57F here today. We used to live in eastern Ontario, across Lake Ontario from Rochester. I well remember what winter conditions can be like. Hope it warms up for you!
                              I barbecue a steak on my birthday in early January every year, regardless of temperature. FYI, at -40 it takes an hour to cook a 3/4” thick T-bone to medium rare!

Hope everyone enjoyed their Thursday af!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Clear skies and -1F this morning. Brrrr.....usually not this cold so early in the season, but at least we didn't get much snow yesterday.
                                [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION].... when you lived East of Lake Ontario, did you get a lot of Lake Effect snow? That's what gives Syracuse so many inches of the white stuff every year, especially early in the season when Ontario and Oneida lakes are still warm. Jealous of your trip to Mexico, but you and Mrs. QW really deserve it!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X