Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by @jude58
    Everyone of us here has a lot to be grateful for, and I think that we should celebrate Thanksgiving every day of the year.
    Yes, I agree completely! Everyday should be celebrated with gratitude about all that is good and meaningful in our lives. Being af is a way to show gratitude and deep appreciation.

Our granddaughter is still in the hospital recuperating. Not out of the woods just yet. But she's a trooper! We originally had plans of an early turkey dinner then go to Kohl's for early Black Friday deals. But, instead we had breakfast, went to the children's hospital and had a ham sandwich from the café. (Might've been a satellite of this one here, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Nice people.) Over our ham sandwiches we talked about our gratitude for the medical staff and the surgeons. Among other things.

24 more, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“When thinking about life, remember this: no amount of guilt can change the past, and no amount of anxiety can change the future.” – Unknown

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

Still warm out, and the full moon sure lights up the snow!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
      [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great news about your granddaughter [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Hopefully the recovery will continue without complications!

Yes, gratitude can change one's whole outlook on life! It turns pessimism into optimism, which is something us alkies surely lacked when we were drinking!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you! Dill, so glad to hear your g-daughter is on the mend. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, we used to live in Brighton, next to Trenton and an Air Force base. We certainly did get lake effect snow! And lots of it. When we moved to Brighton, I fired up my snowblower one snowy morning and cleared 6 driveways. Great way to meet the neighbours!
            There’s 8 of us going to Mexico, 2 sons, a daughter in law, 2 grandkids and our sons girlfriend and us. Mrs QW and I are treating. We decided that cost be damned, it’s going to be fun to be together for a week in warm sunshine.

Dill, so glad your granddaughter is on the mend. It makes you realize what’s really important in life and what we’re grateful for, doesn’t it?

Have a great Black Friday everyone, af of course!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Rainy and relatively warm here, 47F.
              Missed a few days, out of town at the in-laws for thanksgiving, didn't bring a computer.
              Just catching up, so sorry to here of your granddaughter, Dill hope she's well.
              Grateful for so many things here.
              24 more please.

Comment

Good to have you back, Mr. V! Thanks to all for your well wishes. Cowboy your quote yesterday was spot on! So true. We have to move forward and that means forgiving ourselves. But we also have to keep the memory clear enough that we don't fall back into our old ways. TBH, I failed at that yesterday. I gave in to that addictive voice yesterday and deeply regret it today. I didn't go completely haywire, but that's not the point. I need to forgive myself but not forget. There is a reason I should leave that bottle of wine on the shelf at the store.

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“When you know what you want, and want it bad enough, you will find a way to get it.” - Jim Rohn

5:45am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

A little cooler this morning, -8C (18F) and cloudy, but still headed to Adam's. It's the last weekend of hunting season but we both have the last day, the 30th off just in case...

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Yep, good to see you back Mr V! Trust everything is good with the in-laws, happy, healthy and all that...

You're right dill, that AV is a sneaky devil, but filled with so many empty promises... I am ashamed to admit that I fell under it's spell far too many times to count, giving myself a pat on the back those times I could control my drinking. And I could go a few days like that, then came the inevitable runaway drinking session. Good thing you recognize it for what it is, put it behind you with a stronger determination, and keep looking ahead...

Comment

Welcome back Mr. V. Dill, thank you for sharing. That AV is a sneaky bastard! You're right back here and that's all that matters. Another 24 please and thank you! Off to hike in the desert. Hope the rattlers are in bed for the season!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, it must have been the talk about lake effect snow. We awoke to 15cms, 6” of snow this morning. I had Mrs QW’s car cleaned off and the shoveling done before coffee!

I braved the throngs of Black Friday shoppers yesterday to score a deal on an Instant Pot. Looks a bit intimidating but since I do more and more of the cooking, there are definite benefits to using one.

Monday is my granddaughter’s 4th birthday. I don’t know where the time has gone! She told me recently that she’s going to Mexico soon and that she’s excited to swim in the ocean! I bought her snorkelling gear for her birthday so hopefully we’ll be able to use it. There is coral and lots of fish to see.

Dill, as Ginger pointed out, that AV is a sneaky bastard. We’re glad you’re back with us!

Hope everyone has a great Saturday, af of course!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

6:00am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

[MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Comment

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Big pot of oatmeal porridge on the stove with lots of different toppings, help yourselves!

Comment

Well, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]...looks like we fell off the same wagon this weekend. :sour: Not sure what happened, but I'm here to try again!

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X