~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

""when you can't see the bright side, i will sit with you in the dark""--alice in wonderland

I like this because it reminds me that everything doesn't always have to be OK! For such a long time I was a people pleaser (still sort of am) and I tried to show the world that everything was "fine" and even good all the time. I didn't want to let people to see my "weaknesses".. now I try to be calm, to find help, to confide in someone when everything isn't OK.. and usually I find someone who shows empathy and lets me know that I'm not alone.. that's what we're all doing here.!
    Here's to 24 af hours!xx

Comment

Hi, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] :hug:
      The Midwest weather is good for knitting now. Maybe you could start a “sobriety scarf” that you work on, especially when you’re feeling tempted to drink.
      I found a new stitch I love because when done in the round, it looks cool with only knit stitches (I’m an awkward purler!) and no row counting is needed :smile:.

How to Knit the Bamboo Stitch: A Complete Guide
      bamboo stitch in the round - Google Search

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thankyou.

Had a great time at my granddaughter’s birthday party last evening. She was quite interested in her snorkelling set, not so much with the pesos. Wait until she finds out she can buy stuff in Mexico!

Great quote LC, thanks for sharing your experiences too.

Sunny and mild today. If this was our winter, I wouldn’t complain!

Hope everyone enjoys their Tuesday, af!

QW
        Last edited by Quit wining; November 27, 2018, 02:13 PM.
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great news about your granddaughter [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! :thumbsup: One less thing to worry about!

Yup, great quote [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Everybody has downer days, not just us alkies.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the stitch suggestion, [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION]. That is really pretty and I can see why you like it. I will take your suggestion to get back into knitting as a meditative activity, but that stitch will have to wait. Believe me, I will not forget it tho! I am in the middle of a lap afghan right now that alternates squares of moss and seed stitches. I have set it aside for awhile but I believe now is a good time to take it back up!

That was a clever idea giving your granddaughter pesos, QW. I like that.

Yes, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] I am relieved that she is out of the woods. It was a frightening ordeal. It wasn't a simple surgery because the appendix did burst and leak a small amount of infection. We're grateful that the antibiotics worked.

Grateful for the day.
            Last edited by dill; November 27, 2018, 06:28 PM.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Loved the quote this morning LC! Alcohol puts me in a very dark place, and I feel that all of you have been sitting with me waiting for the light to come. I want to thank you all for your kind words and support. Wanting a drink pretty badly today, but sober so far. Trying to stay positive!

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....looks as though we are now known as the falling off the wagon sisters!

Grateful for my friends here.....another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Nothing doing Jude, you two will always be the Porch Sisters!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

No porch lately....snow is coming down hard right now. Probably another 8-12 inches by tomorrow night. :waaaa:

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

-2C (30F) here this morning, lots of freezing rain overnight, should make my drive to work this morning quite interesting...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Frigid with a light snow cover.
                      Good news about your GD, Dill!
                      They tell me I got a lot of "face-time" on TV during that game, Dill, LOL.
                      Good quote, LC, especially with all some of us are going through right now. We're all here to sit through the darkness with someone else if needed.
                      QW, will you take your granddaughter to the pool for lessons with the snorkel before Mexico?
                      24 more please!

Comment

I think my poor old truck is trying to tell me something, it's a 2012 with 320,000 km's on it (198,000 miles) and it's starting to nickel and dime me to death. But at the price of mechanic's labour and parts, there's no such thing as nickel and dime anymore lol. A month ago I had to have a new windshield put in, and thanks to the sanding trucks I now have 2 rock chips that I need to get repaired. 3 weeks ago it went in for a service and needed the "rear passenger door ajar" sensor replaced as it wouldn't go off. While it was in I had them rotate the tires and they informed me I needed new brake pads all around, so gave them the go ahead. 4 hours and $1400 later, I was on my way. Now I have a squeal in the front driver's side brake! Booked it in for early next week to have it looked at. Last Thursday I had to replace a bulb in one of the headlights, and yesterday the heater fan motor started squeaking. Darn near enough to drive a guy to drinking, but not quite lol.

After putting in the new motor last year, I hoped I could get another 3 years of service out of it, I'm not sure now. But with all the expenses we've incurred this year, lack of income due to my injury, and now the added expense of another house, I don't want to take on a payment for a new truck. Life sure can test us from time to time...
                        Last edited by abcowboy; November 28, 2018, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Had a great hike yesterday. Weather was perfect. That really is my happy place. Away from all the hustle bustle. I've been hiking all my life and that's one thing that hasn't changed much over the years. Trails can still be a quiet place for reflection.

Total bummer about the truck, ABC. Hope you can get it all sorted out!

Another 24 please and thank you!
                          Last edited by Ginger999; November 28, 2018, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Together we are strong. I really like the thought of weathering the dark as well as the light together. On the porch or off!

I'm going for another day with you all and I thank you all for being here.

24 more, please.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

“The power for creating a better future is contained in the present moment: You create a good future by creating a good present.”--Eckhart Tolle

Here's to 24 af hours for all of us..

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big hugs to the porch sisters! Your friends are here for you anytime you need us.

Dill, great news your granddaughter is out of hospital. I never could take the kids and now grandkids being sick. The dog either! I was a wreck when ourgranddaughter was hospitalized with pneumonia last year.

Great idea Mr V to get the grandkids to the pool to try out their snorkelling gear. Our grandson turns 6 next month and he’s getting the same as his sister.

Cowboy, that really sucks about the truck repairs. We’ve spent almost $4,000 in the last 2 months on our vehicles. It’s always something.

I’ve mentioned here on a few occasions that I have many possessions that are smarter than I am - cellphone, cameras, watches, vehicles, computers, dog, and the list goes on. Case in point, the other night after our granddaughter’s birthday party, I thought I’d start the Jeep 10 minutes before leaving. I pressed the button on the remote, watched the vehicle lights flash and thought “Won’t it be nice to get into a warm vehicle”? Ten minutes later I opened the front door to see that not only wasn’t my vehicle running, the tailgate was up!

Ginger, I can imagine how beautiful the hiking is in AZ. We did a bit around Sedona and loved every minute. Years ago I lived near Jasper National Park and used to hike there at every opportunity.

Hope everyone is enjoying their Wednesday, af.

QW
                                Last edited by Quit wining; November 28, 2018, 01:03 PM.
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X