~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

No, QW I would not be offended. It takes a lot more than that to offend me. I can understand why you would see them as a joke on us! How did your gingerbread men turn out? Cute, no doubt!

I think today we will make cinnamon/applesauce ornaments for little Christmas gifts from my granddaughter. They are easy and fun and smell wonderful: Cinnamon Ornaments | McCormick The recipe I use calls for 2 cups cinnamon to 2 cups applesauce. 2 tsp ground cloves optional. Basically equal parts cinnamon-applesauce will do the trick and use any amount that suits your needs.

24 more please.
    Last edited by dill; December 9, 2018, 06:43 AM. Reason: additional comment
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hi all! Just read back on a great week of quotes, Jude.. a bit too much for one day, so I'm focussing about the one about recovery not just being about abstinence.. thank you for that.
      Those ornaments sound great Dill! and fun to make.
      Today I'll make my mom's chewy molasses cookies.. I love them, but I always get sick eating too many. So I'll try not to over-do it!
      Here's to 24 af hours for all of us..
      Looking forward to another late brekkie, AB!

Comment

“Life does not owe you anything because life has already given you everything.” - Ralph Marston
        It’s true that many people walk around as if they have something coming to them or that they’re entitled to more than they already have. If they would just stop to realize that they already have everything they need for a great life they’d have a much more fun time with life. This is a great quote to remember whenever you feel like you are missing some key element that will make your life so much better. You are not missing it, you already have it inside you, you just need to bring it out.

5:40am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Best get breakfast out and the coffee pot filled!

Last edited by abcowboy; December 9, 2018, 08:03 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quote, AB!

Comment

Thank you for the great quote cowboy! (and breakfast)

My husband likes to keep a bottle of BV in the freezer, and last night I looked at it good and hard. I thought of how good it would taste in my cup of tea, followed by that warm glow inside. Somehow I had the sense to fast forward the scenario a couple of hours, and the warm, rosy picture that I had envisioned started to fade. It was replaced by reality, and I quickly realized that I would in fact have been sitting in my recliner, too numb to do much more than stare at the tv. I would miss my nightly reading, and I would sleep badly, and probably wake up hung over. In that split decision not to grab that bottle, my morning is a whole lot better than if I had made a different decision. So grateful for this day....

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Thanks for the quote and breakfast, Cowboy. I'll take another 24 please and thank you. :happy2:

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.
                  [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], the cookies turned out great! Who knew that the tubes of icing could be put directly into your mouth, saving the labour intensive process of applying them to the cookies?

We just finished brekkie, homemade waffles. Tasted great but lacked the visual appeal of Cowboy’s brekkie.

Today is our grandson’s 6th birthday party. We moved west 5 1/2 years ago to be part of his life. We’ve loved every minute!

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the recipe [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Think I’ll print it and set it on top of Bubba’s recipe box lol

Comment

Good Morning Café lovelies,
                      Jude, I don't know what BV is, but I'm very happy you skipped it.. when you mentioned the warm glow, I just thought of my bright, hot red cheeks and nose and lifeless eyes and disfuntional brain.. I'm so enjoying nightly reading at the moment.. what are you reading?
                      Dill, those ornaments look so cute.. but what a crazy recipe! Equal amounts apple sauce and cinnamon.. and that's it?
                      In case you didn't see it over in the Nest, AB posted a delicious looking German chocolate cake for my birthday, which is today.. the big 49!..
                      AB, I don't know if you picked that because I'm living in Germany, or if you had a hunch that that was always my favourite kind of cake/ice cream as a kid?:happy2: Thank you very much..

I'm so grateful to be Un-hung today.. humbled, as is often said, is how I feel. I never want to take sobriety for granted again, keeping in mind what a true gift it is. Here's to another 24 af hours of life for all of us!xx
                      Last edited by lifechange; December 10, 2018, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Happy Birthday, [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Sobriety is a gift we give ourselves and each day that we give it is like a birthday! I might have to head over to the nest for a piece of your cake if AB doesn't bring some of it to us here in the cafe. I too love German chocolate cake and there is a custard franchise over here called Ritter's that offers a German chocolate cake soft serve ice cream. My favorite! When that is unavailable a hot fudge sundae with toasted pecans and whipped cream serves as a fair substitute.
                        That recipe does sound crazy but trust me, it works and it is not even as icky sticky as you might think or believe me, I wouldn't go near it! And the scent is wonderful! I decorate them after they are completely dried with a dimensional fabric paint that is slightly raised up when it dries so it gives the look of icing squeezed from a decorator tube.

I'm grateful to be un-hung today too. 24 more please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; December 10, 2018, 06:34 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]....Black Velvet (BV) is a Canadian whiskey. So glad that I put the bottle back! I'm currently reading a novel called Thalia by James McMurtry. (he wrote Lonesome Dove) It's a trilogy of stories set in Texas, one of which is called The Last Picture Show. I'm just starting that one now.....I really like his style of writing. Happy birthday btw!!

Hope that everyone is well here in the cafe!

Another 24please and thank you very much!

Comment

“Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.” - Voltaire
                            When things look like a disaster it’s important to remember to keep a positive mindset. Most of the time when things look their worst people will think the worst, which only keeps them stuck in that disaster, or sets up the next disaster to descent upon them. It’s those that keep their heads up when things look bad that are able to spend the shortest amount of time wallowing in misery and have things turn around that much quicker. Learn to sing in the lifeboats when things start to look like a shipwreck, instead of feeling scared and helpless.

5:50am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

Warming up today, and mild temps for the whole week!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Well, I figured a German chocolate cake for our German lady! But it seems I jumped the gun a bit yesterday so we'll need another cake for today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LC!

Comment

I kinda figured you meant Black Velvet [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. I was never much of a whiskey man, turned awful mean if I went on a whiskey drunk. Although I sure enjoyed a Jack Daniels over ice in the evening after supper, but could never hold it to just one. Budweiser was my downfall, I'd probably be a millionaire if I'd have bought shares in the company when I first started lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X