~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

I hope yesterday's tests went smoothly for Mrs. Q and that will be it for a while, QW. Sometimes I think the technology today is a miracle and sometimes I think it's a bane because it sometimes feels over used. And depending on the doctors who sometimes order the tests to cover their own rear ends rather than to gain important information, can subject a patient to some unnecessary pain or discomfort. I hope that was not the case for Mrs. Q and that she is holding her own.

Lifechange I'm so glad you are here at the café. That last post was so heartfelt, real, kind and comforting.

I'm still hoping to see [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] pop on and rejoin us here. I am as always keeping him in my thoughts and wishing him well.

I'm going to be out with an old friend today who is very much a trigger for me. I hope to report back later or tomorrow that I prevailed. Perhaps mentioning it here will help.

24 more, please and thank you.
    Last edited by dill; December 13, 2018, 06:51 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

So I drank a bottle of wine last night. I used to be so strong in my quit; not sure what's going on. Maybe I need to get some counciling....

Comment

“I will go anywhere as long as it’s forward.” - David Livingston
        This is a quote that you can use each day to remind yourself that the best way to go is forward. There’s no going back and there’s no standing still, onward we go. So many times we get lulled into a sense of comfort of complacency, but you have to keep the fires stoked and the engine moving. This is a great way to sum up that you always want to be making progress and having fun things happen in your life. When you choose the direction you want to go, many times you get there.

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Last edited by abcowboy; December 13, 2018, 07:41 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:14 am in Vegas,another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I’m sometimes at a loss for words, then think sometimes it’s better to say nothing at all. I’m just not sure what I can offer in the way of support [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] because I’ve never been down the road you’re travelling right now. But when people come back and confess to drinking, to me it’s reaching out for support.

I do think you’ve maybe come to a crossroads though, maybe it’s time for some face to face support? I never much believed in counselling, sitting down with a complete stranger and spouting out all my thoughts and fears. But it helped, it really, really helped. I’m not sure I’d be sober today if it wasn’t for my counselling sessions, maybe I would and maybe not. But the one thing I do believe, if you can’t figure out why you’re drinking, it wouldn’t hurt to get the opinion of someone else. Someone who can cut through all the layers and get to the root of the problem. That’s what my counsellor did for me, helped me understand why I drank, and why I didn’t want to give it up. We’ll always be here for you, no matter what, and it’s up to you to decide what to do. Don’t be like me, so many years I let pride and fear get in the way of getting the help I needed…

And you’re wrong [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], you never know when you’ll say something that will be exactly the thing that someone needs to hear. I never look at the things I say as “advice” unless it’s something that I’ve been trained to give advice on. I look at my ramblings as “support”, people can take what they want and leave the rest. Never be afraid to jump in when you have some thoughts to add!

Good to see you back [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! We’re all in this together even though at times it may not look that way…
            Last edited by abcowboy; December 13, 2018, 09:26 AM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm getting back to being so comfortable in my quit, I almost forgot to check in! Jude, just keep trying. You will get back to where you were. One thing that really bothers me is political news and hubs listens to it constantly! Looking back to last October when I had that first drink, I think it was the news! I just threw up my hands and folded. I just can't let that kind of thing control my thinking. It's too hopeless!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                I used to be so strong in my quit; not sure what's going on. Maybe I need to get some counciling....
                Hi, Jude. Like you, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], who you can find in the Newbies Nest, is trying to regain the wonderful sober life she lived for several years and is finding this protocol really helpful: An Alcohol Experiment - This Naked Mind. Maybe something structured would help you get your mind where you want it to be, too. All the best, NS :hug:

Comment

Hey Jude (LOL a song is remembered). I am understanding what you are feeling. I was sober for 8 years and started slipping last spring. I have no idea what happened other than another moderation attempt gone terribly wrong. Then i started giving into every single craving. I was completely lost and feeling so ashamed. I stumbled across the 30 day alcohol experiment and its full of videos and questions and lots of information. I am on Day 14 and feeling like my old self again. I am never too cocky or confident as I know that the beast can take me down in a single minute. If you want that extra push (like I did) check it out and sign on. Look for me I’m Rava there too. Its completely free and almost like a 30 day outpatient program thats totally free. Everyone here kept urging me not to give up and keep posting and thats what I have been doing since June. Love the support!

Comment

Thanks so much for all of your support and advice! [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]... I will definitely check out the 30 day experiment, maybe I'll see you over there!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Another mild day here with warm weather (warm for us ) expected to continue until late next week. We’ll take it!

Jude, hope you’re doing OK. Don’t hesitate to lean on your friends here if we can help.

Mrs QW’s tests went well yesterday. One of the frustrating things with Parkinson’s is that there are many symptoms and side effects so many days you have no idea what you’ll encounter. Many days it’s like I’m walking on eggshells. Thankfully there are a lot of talented researchers working hard to find a cure.

Hope everyone had a great af Thursday!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

24 more please!

Comment

Thanks for another good quote yesterday Cowboy. Forward is definitely the best direction. Yes to another 24!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Today is a new day..

Comment

“Without the rain there would be no rainbow.” - Gilbert Chesterton
                              It’s so true that rain produces some beautiful rainbows, and the gloomy times in our life can lead to amazing times as well, we just have to trust the way the universe works. The trick is you have to look for that ray of sunshine that creates the rainbow, you can’t expect to focus on the gloomy parts and see the rainbow. It’s a matter of seeking out what you want and wanting to see the most beautiful things come from the most sorrowful times. You also have to look up to see rainbows.

5:55am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Great quote, AB.. thanks.
                                Yes, today is a new day, Jude! I'm so happy to see you in the café this morning. Big hugs!
                                to all of you.. here's to 24 af hours for all of us..xx

Comment

Working...
                                X