No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:55am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

It's cold here too [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], -12C (7F) but no rain or snow.

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Last edited by abcowboy; December 16, 2018, 09:25 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time for breakfast y'all, dig in!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good to see everyone here today.. That breakfast looks yummy, AB.. thank you.
        And hearing soup mentioned.. sounds like the perfect thing for a freezing cold afternoon.
        Just a few more days and they will start getting longer..
        Here's to 24 af hours for all of us.xx

Comment

6:17 am in Vegas,another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I have to hand it to you ladies, showing a fierce determination to beat this thing, not ever giving up even though it seems hopeless at times. And like [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] said, still coming back, still working on it everyday. And what you three are doing by joining and participating in the 30 day challenge is what recovery is all about, finding new ways to help you through the tough times.

And isn’t that the whole point of MWO, of any recovery program, finding new ways to deal with recovering when what you’re doing isn’t enough? Not necessarily dropping a sobriety plan, but adding to it, modifying it, adapting to make sure you have the tools to get through situations that seem impossible to get through without alcohol. Like the old saying “if nothing changes, nothing changes”, so if what you’re doing isn’t working, then it’s time to change it!

We’re all here at MWO to get and stay sober, to share our experiences and situations, not just to help ourselves, but to try and help others. I also want to thank [MENTION=18725]NoSugar[/MENTION] for her contributions here, for finding and sharing websites like the Naked Mind, and the many other books and writings that she discovers. To me, that is what recovery programs are all about, people helping people however they can!
            Last edited by abcowboy; December 16, 2018, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Love the quote and other suggestions. Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, thanks for brekkie! That was awesome!!

Ginger, not travelling home in winter time is a wise decision because you never know what the weather and roads are going to throw at you. I Skype with my son in Australia every Saturday evening and while it’s not the same as a visit in person, it’s the next best thing.

It was actually cold when we walked this morning, guess we’ve been spoiled by the mild temps the last couple of weeks.

Hope everyone is enjoying a great af Sunday!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Old age has deformities enough of its own. It should never add to them the deformity of vice.
                  ~Eleanor Roosevelt

I thought more about yesterday's quote and it came to me that there is truth beyond my original understanding of it. Eric Clapton struggled to recover from drugs and alcohol so I assume that in that statement he was stating what all alcoholics in AA understand to be the core of step one. But beyond that, it is also true that we are powerless over many, many circumstances in life and there are lots of times that the only control we have is control over our own reactions, choices and actions.

Today's quote is something I often think about. I think we often hid from our drinking selves what we were truly like when drunk. A video taken in a timely moment and replayed as needed would be a good tool in showing ourselves what we do NOT want to be!

24 more please and thank you.
                  Last edited by dill; December 17, 2018, 06:29 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the quotes [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I especially liked today's. Getting old is hard enough, without adding booze into the mix! I have trouble remembering things when I'm sober so I don't need the alcohol making it worse! :smiles:

A belated thanks to [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and @ No Sugar for suggesting the Naked mind book and hopefully it will help.

Hope that everyone is doing well in the cafe....

Another 24 please and thank you very much!
                    Last edited by Jude58; December 17, 2018, 06:46 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], Altho I am finding the videos and info on the AE website very helpful, I find the site awkward to interact with. Today for the first time I tried posting a public comment after the day 4 video which I just finished watching. It showed up as it was supposed to, so I guess that's success. But it isn't the same kind of interactive as we have here on MWO.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Last edited by abcowboy; December 17, 2018, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Hey [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I found the site on TNM to be hard to navigate at first, but after some practice it works pretty well. I actually like how colorful it is. LOL. Thats all it takes for me. I have been listening to the daily videos on my blue tooth as I ride to work. I also tune into the podcasts as well. Keeps me focused on my goal of total sobriety. Hope everyone has a great day. It feels good to have made up my mind that I do NOT want to drink and no more day 1’s for me.

Comment

Great quote and great reflections. I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

6:05 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

24 for me as well. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X