Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another24 hours please & thank you.

A mild day here again. If our entire winter was like this............ I’d still complain or as they say in Australia, whinge.

Yesterday afternoon I had a large piece of a tooth break. This morning I called my dentist and was thrilled they’d had a cancellation. A few hours later and it’s fixed. So nice to be able to deal with life without a hangover!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday af.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.
      ~Mahatma Gandhi

24 more hours of effort = 24 hours of victory. Please and thank you.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

24 more please.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's the cool thing about having us take turns at doing the daily quotes, seeing what inspires others, but as important, why it does. When I first read this mornings quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], my first thought was that I didn't agree with it at all! Just because someone keeps trying doesn't make them victorious. Then I read your take on it, and understood where you were coming from. Victory comes in many shapes and forms, it doesn't mean it has to come all at once, it can come a little at a time, one day at a time!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the quote this morning [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I think that if you put full effort into anything, you will be victorious!

Feeling much more optimistic today. Booze always pulls me down into a deep depression.....just one more reason to stay away from the stuff!

Very cold and windy today, but no snow in the forecast!

Asking for another 24 please and thank you very much! :lotsasmiles:

Comment

5:35 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sunny, cool and crisp, just like my outlook.
                  Still sober!
                  Didn't really mean to abandon everyone, just got really busy, and had NO private time to myself in the mornings, when I come here. I think I needed a little break as well. Was on a vacation as well, out skiing in Colorado. I'll probably be a little spotty checking in through the rest of the year as well, as Mrs. V is off work, and young Mr. V back in town for the holidays, and visits to the in-laws , ect. Hard to find my quiet time, which I treasure.
                  Thanks for the PM's and concern, I really do appreciate it.
                  I've not had a chance to read back, so I hope all is well with everyone. Hit me with the highlights, if I've missed something big, lol!
                  Keeping this train on the track.
                  Mr V

Comment

So glad to see you back Mr. V! We missed you! :hugesmile:

Comment

Hi, Mr. V!

Yes to victory! Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mr V, great to see you back! Your friends here were worried about you.

Another mild day here, so mild that I barbecued steaks for supper, in shirtsleeves! I don’t remember it being that warm this late in December in the years we’ve lived in Alberta.

Just about finished Xmas shopping, picked up a few last minute things for the grandkids today.

I hope everyone had a great af Tuesday!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

It's chilly this morning at 18F, but I am toasty and content in my little house. Another thing to be grateful for.

Committed to another 24 and thankful for the strength to do so...

Comment

"You don't drown by falling into the water; you only drown if you stay there."
                            - Zig Ziglar

Yes, I can understand your initial reaction to yesterday's quote, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I think it hit me the same way when I first read it but after a moment or two I realized it was right on target. The satisfaction is in the effort. Without the effort there is no victory but victory is lost if effort is stopped. Full effort (which includes full and continuous effort in the case of recovery) therefore is full victory and is definitely something to be proud of. But more importantly, grateful for. I watched the movie Patton last night and thought about the quote again. Patton loved being a soldier and was born to do it. But once his effort to win that war was over, he felt emptiness because he had no more purpose, in his mind anyway.

Today's quote is just right I think too. Although it would be best to NOT FALL into the water to begin with, the fact is, that isn't what drowns you. It's staying there that does. Same with falling back into the bottle. It's not good, but it's much worse if you stay there!

Great to see you Mr. V! I am curious about your name. If you don't mind would you tell me sometime how you came up with it? I chose dill because I like growing herbs and I also liked the book To Kill a Mockingbird in which dill was a key character.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; December 19, 2018, 06:51 AM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:45 am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

-3C (22F) here, agreed [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], it's been a fantastic December so far! Can't beat barbequed steaks 2/3 of the way through December!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Partly cloudy and cool, a beautiful sunrise this morning.
                                In a rush, taking Mrs V to work, Annual physical, then a funeral service. Also an overnight guest, due to the funeral. A neighbors brother passed, cancer.
                                24 more please.

Comment

Working...
                                X