~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning 27 degrees here and Day 20 AF. Please sign me up for another 24. Thanks so much!

Comment

I'm in for 24 af hours!

Comment

Hey [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I see you left the teenage days behind you, congrats!

Good to see you back [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! You had me googling "freelance sports photographers in Ohio" to see if there was any newspaper articles about accidents etc lol.

No mistaking what todays quote is all about [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], simple but so true!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:28 am in Vegas,another 24 please
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning everyone! Another very true quote. I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It’s been a beautiful day for walking with my 4 legged buddy. Yesterday we walked 9kms or over 5 1/2 miles, today about 8kms, just under 5 miles in beautiful, sunny weather. Does anyone else talk to their dog while walking? I do. Some days we try to solve the problems of the world, others it’s just about squirrels, cats and deer, you know, important stuff to a dog. She looks up at me sometimes like she understands! I think it was Col Potter on MASH who said the outside of a horse is good for the inside of man. I think the same applies to dogs!

Xmas shopping is done with almost a week to spare!

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Wednesday, af.

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; December 19, 2018, 08:30 PM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning and I will take another 24 please!

Comment

If you don't see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner.
                  ~Zig Ziglar

So dark outside. Tomorrow is winter solstice, the shortest day of the year. We have a little less than 10 hours of daylight currently. So, 14 of our 24 are spent in the dark. Winter. Time to light a few candles, eh?! I used to love this time of year for the reason that somehow I could drink more. I wasn't inclined to go out in the dark, cold evenings so I saw it as a perfect time to curl up in a chair with a glass of wine. Sometimes I would watch tv but would lose the plot immediately and not remember the show at all the next morning. Sometimes I would read a book but of course even tho I thought I was understanding it, and perhaps I was, I had zero recall of it the next day and had to reread the chapter or chapters. Now I see that it was all a deception. I thought I was enjoying my evenings but I was really just chasing and keeping a buzz. I was not good company for Mr. D, I can see that now. I woke up each and every morning with some level of a hangover and had to spend my mornings trying to return myself to some level of physical and emotional stasis. I understand now at this distance that the alcohol actually was increasing my stress level and that is why by 4:00pm I was reaching for another glass of wine (bottle) to soothe my nerves. What a horrible and sneaky substance alcohol is. :cuss: I don't know what caused me to reminisce in this way this morning but there it is. But it makes me happy that I am here at the cafe with you all!

With deep gratitude I commit to 24 more.
                  Last edited by dill; December 20, 2018, 07:11 AM.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I just realized that the full moon this month coincides with winter solstice! How great it that?! I hope we have clear skies so there are 14 hours of full moon to enjoy. There's also a meteor shower. Night sky watchers delight!

Here's some info on winter solstice: Winter Solstice 218: What is the Winter Solstice? | First Day of Winter | The Old Farmer's Almanac
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Thanks for the quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! I can so relate to your post this morning. One of the things that I am most grateful for is the ability to read at night and actually remember the story in the morning! In general, my outlook on life is much more optimistic when I'm sober.

When I let the dogs out this morning, I looked up and the sky was chock full of stars. 🌟 It made me realize that I m just a speck on this planet, and that my problems are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Life goes on, and as long as it does, there is hope....

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

cool and rainy. I'm afraid we might have rain for the solstice, Dill, it would be great to see the full moon.
                        Great quotes, Dill and Rava.
                        Glad to be sober for another 24.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Crazy bright out there this morning with the full moon! And it's only -9C (17F)!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I don't know how you guys managed to do anything in the evenings! All I could do was argue with Bubba lol. It never hurts to once and a while think back on those times, remind yourself just what alcohol made you become.

And we're all winners here at the Café!

Comment

5:32 am in Vegas,another 24 please QW,i always talk to my dog and have a weird voice I gave him years ago so he can answer back haha,Dill,yep we fool ourselves into thinking we were having a good time,what a joke,nothing but misery and half remembered memories
                              Last edited by paulywogg; December 20, 2018, 08:35 AM.
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all! Great quote, Dill.. and I love to hear everyone's thoughts!
                                QW, if I had a dog I'd talk to her/him.. I talk to my cats all the time and one of them answers me back. Our relationships with animals can be very special indeed..:love: Little friends.
                                I'm in for another af day!

Comment

Working...
                                X