• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

5:53 am in Vegas,another 24 please
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Sunday morning! Off for a day of exploring. I won't say what the temp is.

I'll have another 24 with that yummy breakfast, please and thank you!

Comment

Well look at that, I had full intentions of getting back here yesterday, but things changed lol. Brandie, Darcie, and Adam came in from the farm early to drop Brandie off here and then spent the day well into the evening visiting and playing Uno, and eating way too much of course lol. But that’s what holidays are all about! Brandie is here for another day and night, then she heads over to her mom’s to spend a couple of days with her.

So that was a fitting quote for me today [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Things always change and we must be able to deal with that change, or maybe even make some changes on our own. I know back when I was drinking I got frustrated at myself when no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn’t seem to quit. So I resigned myself to the fact that I’d always be a drunk, I’d die a drunk, so I may as well get busy dying. But things changed, I changed, and I'll always keep changing when I need to in order to protect my quit!

You don’t want to know how old I was when I got drunk the first time [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and it’s definitely nothing to be proud of. But it was enough of a bad experience that I didn’t do it for a few more years. I still find myself thinking back on all the stupid things I said and did while drinking, using them as examples of what drinking does to me. Not going back down that road ever again, been there, done that! But our pasts are there for us to learn from, and that’s what we need to do, think of our past as one big life lesson, a lesson that we should learn from, then let it go…

Good plan [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! I really need to go through my closet and put together a few bags to take down to the Goodwill store! enjoy your time with the in-laws, and a very Merry Christmas to you and your family!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Mr. V. Excellent plan. I have always swapped one in and one out. I think Iam gonna up that to the way you do it. Excellent breakfast ABC!

Comment

I got a good chuckle this morning, Brandie was on her phone on a conference call with 3 of her friends booking flights to Berlin! They travel twice a year and in February they are headed to Berlin. It took them about 1/2 hour to get through what flight times and dates would work for them all and the phone chatter was funny! So look out [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION], your city will never be the same lol.
            Last edited by abcowboy; December 23, 2018, 12:39 PM.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was 11 years ago today that my Dad passed from cancer. I frequently miss him but am especially sad that he never met my grandkids. They would have liked each other! This has been, in the past, a trigger to drink. Not today though.
              Jessie seems to sense that I’m sad today as she hasn’t left my side all day. She’s a great companion!

I’m going to spend Xmas with my son, daughter in law and grandkids, looking forward to the chaos!

I’ll try to check in over the next few days.

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

This quote speaks to me because in our sobriety we are focusing on becoming a new and better version of what we were. Changing old habits and forming new goals to become healthier and happier in our lives. Please add another 24 for me!

Comment

Thanks for the quote this morning Rava! It does seem as though many of us are always struggling with habits of the past instead of looking into the future, and imagining a sober existence.

It's 30F and snowing this morning, and we are expecting 3-6 inches of the white stuff. If the weather guys are right, should be a white Christmas.

Hope that everyone is enjoying this special time of year with family and friends.

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

I like that quote very much, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. It hit the mark for me this morning. It is so important where we focus our energy and how we frame our situation. Building, not fighting is really such a more positive approach.

[MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], I was envious of your cup of coffee out on the porch the other morning. :happy2: But glad you had the chance! It really won't be all that long before we are back to our porch reports. In the meantime I'll have window reports! LOL I saw the brightest star up in the sky this morning. I looked for that moon but it must have been hidden away under a thick cloud.

QW, I know exactly what you mean about wishing your Dad could have known your grandkids. I feel the same way. And more than that, I wish the grandkids could have know my mom and dad.

24 more for me, please. Off to watch the day 11 video on the 30 day challenge. I wonder what today's topic will be. Yesterday's was nutrition and it was awesome.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

Not too bad of a morning out there at all, I'll take it!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Darn good quote [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], pretty much sums up my drinking career; normal drinker, wet drunk, dry drunk, and now recovering alcoholic! All because I quit fighting to stay who I was and started building my new future!

Bubba has to work today and I have to take Brandie over to her mom's this morning, then Hank and I have the rest of the day to ourselves. Going to be a quiet Christmas Eve for us...

Comment

Merry Christmas Eve! Great quote Rava. Tried to hike to a ghost town called Christmas, AZ yesterday. Sadly, it was posted no trespassing. Darn!

I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Hi everyone! Thought I'd checked in yesterday..
                            That was a mighty yummy looking breakfast, AB! Nice that Brandie and friends will be heading to Berlin.. hope the weather is nice for them! You'll have to let me know how their plans unfold as the trip gets closer.
                            Dill, I'm on day 7 and really liking the videos and worksheets..
                            Rava, great quotes! The one from today is hanging in my bathroom..
                            Hi to Jude, Mr V, QW, Ginger, Pauly, too..
                            I'm in for another 24 af hours!

Comment

5:44 am in Vegas,another 24 please
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]...really having trouble signing up for the 30 day challenge. I signed up and sent an email, but it's been several days and have heard nothing back from them.

Comment

Working...
                                X