Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, at 42 degrees I open the windows to air out the house this time of year! Guess it’s what you’re used to. I hope you were able to visit your family electronically on Christmas. I Skyped with my son in Australia and he got to see his Canadian family. His niece & nephew were thrilled to see him!

I made someone’s day this morning. A few times a year we tip the Waste Management driver who picks up our garbage and compost. I missed him last week but caught up with him this morning. He told me that I didn’t have to give him anything. I know, I told him. I said we appreciate him looking after us. He shook my hand 3 times!

Reading back over the past few days, it’s so good to see that people stayed af free during the holidays. Well done, to all of us.

Hope everyone enjoys their day af!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Great quote, Rava!
      Ginger, that weather better warm up a bit before I head over in two weeks!:happy2: Just a touch..
      Wishing everyone a happy 24 af hours! I'm sure up for it..xx

Comment

. So much truth to this one. Hope everyone has a great Friday! Another 24 for me please!

Comment

Thanks for the great quote Rava!

Gusty winds this morning with mild temps and rain expected.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Loved that quote, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

We have light rain and a light breeze but temps will be up to 54F today! Not bad! It sure is quiet though. I miss the sounds of nature. We have so much to look forward to!

QW, thanks for the reminder about the trash collector. We almost forgot to put out a tip for him and today is the day to do it!

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll take another 24 please, and thanks...

A bit of snow to shovel this morning, but it's a balmy -7C (18F) this morning so it will be nice to get the fresh air and exercise!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
              [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great quote! Freeze warnings here for Saturday night. What?? The locals say it's going to be like this awhile. Hope it improves some before you get here, LC.

I'll happily take another 24, please and thank you.

Comment

More rain, temperate. High winds last night.
                  Had another funeral yesterday, my next door neighbor of 18 years. Again, Cancer. Just 61 years old. Feeling my mortality around here.
                  24 more please

Comment

5:54 am in Vegas,another 24 please how nice to tip the trash collector,we always have different ones,not the same guys,I usually do tip my mailman tho cuz he's good about doing some extra work that he doesn't need to like bringing all the mail to the door and stuff
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It’s very winter like out there so feel free to send us those 42F temps Ginger! Pauly, mail delivery, what a trip down memory lane. We haven’t had delivery to the door for almost 30 years. What mail we get is delivered to a community mail box.

What a great quote today. How true. And for those of us who are battling the beast daily and succeeding, good for us. Everyday we don’t drink, we win, our family and friends win and the beast doesn’t. It seems that tougher laws against drunk driving are working as there don’t seem to be as many alcohol related crashes this year.

I hope everyone enjoys their Friday af!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hi everyone!
                        Loved the quote, Rava..
                        Mr. V, I'm sorry you're having to attend so many funerals.. 61 really is too young to pass.:hug:
                        I'm in for another 24 af hours.. wishing you all the best during.xx

Comment

. Today’s quote makes me feel empowered. Today is my 30 days AF and I feel that I am finally on the right track and headed in the right direction. Thank you all for being here. I am grateful. Mr. V. Sorry about your neighbor. I hate cancer with everything I have. My late husband died in his 40’s. Its a horrible disease. It really puts our struggles with alcohol in perspective. Wishing everyone a wonderful Saturday.

Comment

Big Congratulations on your 30 af days, Rava!! I'm so happy for you..:heartbeat:

Comment

Loved the quote [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and congrats on 30 days! I was finally able to get started on TNM 30 day challenge. There are still some glitches as I can't find you when I do a search. Is your user name the same one that you use here?

Looking forward to another 24 and thankful for the peace that sobriety gives me...

Comment

6:10am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X