~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good Saturday morning. Only 34F here this AM with a high of 50. I know I shouldn't complain but dang it's cold.

Sorry about your neighbor, Mr. V. Cancer sucks

Rava, congrats on 30 days!

I'll take another 24, please and thank you.

Comment

Hey Mr. V, sorry you've had so much loss recently. Take care of yourself and Mrs. V.

Rava, another perfect quote, Thanks! And congrats on completing the AE 30 day challenge! I'm about 2 weeks behind you on that.

Jude, I have the same name on the AE website as here. I check the search function out and found that if you search dill, it doesn't show in the first couple of hits so you have to click on the 'show more results' button. I have a bloodroot flower for my avatar. I searched you but there were several Judes and none with a 58, so couldn't message you. I am still learning my way around that site. I mostly just do the daily email and the videos. I'm still finding it incredibly helpful. I'm glad you finally got on!

Grateful to all of you for being here daily. :love:

24 more, please and thank you.
      Last edited by dill; December 29, 2018, 08:30 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Huge congrats on your 30 days [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], all the work is paying off! And thanks for the great quotes this week! Today’s reminded me you just never know what you can accomplish when faced with any decision, how strong we can be when we really need to be. It’s not always easy to remember that, sometimes we just wish those struggles will go away. But as we get through each individual struggle, those strengths we have build and build…

I’m not sure where this week went! I looked at my sobriety calendar this morning and realized it’s Saturday already! I apologize again [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] for the short notice! It’s been a funny week, had most of the week off except for a couple of call-outs, Bubba over in Vegreville for a couple of days and nights, so one day just flowed into the next and it’s Saturday already!

Not sure how the rest of you feel right after Christmas, but I tend to get in a dismal mood. All the excitement leading up to Christmas Day, and then it’s over… I can understand how hard this season can be on those people around the world who are still struggling with an addiction. Bubba read something to me a few days back that is helping me get through; as you’re packing away your Christmas ornaments and decorations, don’t pack your Christmas Spirit along with them….
        Last edited by abcowboy; December 29, 2018, 08:52 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:40 am in Vegas,another 24 please Cowboy,I always get a bit blue too after Christmas,thanks for that little saying
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]....Will try to find you next time I log into the 30 day experiment. I'm Jude on that site...no 58 after it!

Cowboy... I'm always relieved when the holidays are over. Maybe I'm weird, but I always get really depressed before Christmas!

Comment

Good morning again. Hey Jude58 I am Rava on TNM with the same flower profile picture. I think I’m also weird because I am so glad Christmas is over. The tree is already down and I am ready for spring now. LOL. I know its not coming for a few more months but Christmas stresses me out. I will look for you again the the other site. Another 24 hours for me please!
              Last edited by Rava; December 29, 2018, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I know lots of people, myself included, who get stressed around this time of year. It can be depressing when the presents are all open, the tree taken down and dammit, the daylight hours are soooo short. However, daylight hours will get longer (before we know it!) and we will forget about all the stress over presents bought and received.
                For me, it’s a bit more challenging. My Dad passed 2 days before Xmas 11 years ago and I remember that Xmas helping make funeral arrangements. Mrs QW doesn’t celebrate Xmas for religious reasons so I pick up the slack as far as buying gifts, etc.

We can be thankful that our feelings aren’t further impacted by al though!

A bit milder today when we walked, above freezing. Every day we get like this is a bonus.

I saw an article in the paper today about testing your wine knowledge! My only concern when I was drinking was if there was enough!!!

Hope everyone enjoys Saturday af! Three weeks until Mexico, can’t wait!

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hank finally decided to check out the Christmas tree lol

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post
                    Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I saw an article in the paper today about testing your wine knowledge! My only concern when I was drinking was if there was enough!!!

Hope everyone enjoys Saturday af! Three weeks until Mexico, canÂ’t wait!

QW
                    That was cute, Q! My knowledge mostly centered around the same thing: was there enough. Also what the alcohol content was. I didn't want anything too anemic! LOL!

I am usually relieved when Christmas is over and that is the case this year. I haven't yet taken our tree down but that's because time is going so fast lately I feel like I just put it up yesterday! LOL It's a small tree and kind of cute with it's cheerful multicolor lights so I think I'll leave it for another week. My granddaughter asked me to please leave it up a bit longer. How could I say no?!
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

This is one of my favorite carols and even more so when I learned of the background story.

Dill

Comment

""Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves.""--Rainer Maria Rilke

"We carry problems and discrepancies within us, quandaries that are not easily answered - and we have bigger questions about life and the world. Why did I act as I did in my younger years? Can my life partnership be happy again? How should I handle a secret that I carry? What is this thing we call Higher Power and God?
                        We are on a journey and, in some ways, this journey is a quest for answers. The questions give energy and direction to our seeking. We cannot expect to get quick or easy answers. And some questions will always remain just that: questions. But we can learn to be patient with ourselves, tolerant of our incompleteness, and always curious about how it will all turn out.
                        Today I will practice patience with myself and embrace my unsolved questions as crucial elements in my quest.".. from Today's gift

Here's to another 24 af hours for all of us!
                        we've decided to leave the tree up until the 13th of January.. it's still fresh and the lights help me to be less gloomy. It's greyer than grey outside and if it were possible to see the sun, we'd see it setting at 4pm.. which is a bit later than a week ago! So looking forward to spring!xx
                        very cute photo of Hank, AB!

Comment

Great quote LC. Another 24 for me please

Comment

Perfect quote for me today. As I often do, I woke this morning and started thinking about one of the situations in my life that goes unsolved and I examined my part in it wondering what I could have done differently that might have solved the problem. It is the loss of my ex DIL, my grandchildren's mother to addiction. I cannot fix the problem so it goes on unsolved. At this point all I have left is hope and prayer. The hope is diminishing as it has been 7 years now. My granddaughter has never known her mother any other way.

Sorry to start the day off on a down note!

Thanks for the cute photo of the big fella' checking out the little tree, Cowboy. It brought a smile. Was that a tablet I saw on the table under the tree? That looks like a comfy spot to sit and post!

I had fun yesterday decorating a jar then making a candle out of it. Sandalwood. Mmmmm. Today I am going to start a batch of kombucha tea. Anyone heard of it? My neighbor just gave me some starter. I'm just learning about it.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Last edited by dill; December 30, 2018, 06:10 AM.
                            Dill

Comment

Dill, how very sad for your family and especially your grandchildren.:hug: I'm sorry to hear that.
                              With regards to the kombucha, we have a huge mother at work and have been making a few gallons a week for the past couple of years so let me know if you have any questions..xx

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]....It's funny that you both posted about kombucha, as I was just doing some research on it. Not sure if I would like it, but willing to give it a whirl!

Thanks for this morning's quote LC....always a good way to start the day!

Cowboy.....Hank is adorable!

Another 24 please and thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X