No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:55am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

A drop in temps this morning, -14C (7F) and what looks like about 3" of snow to shovel. Bubba and I went out last night before bed and shovelled about the same amount so that it wouldn't be too much to do this morning. Good thing we did!

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
    [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Nothing fancy for breakfast this morning

y'all help yourselves while I run over to the Army for one of [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] 's fancy coffees!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Yummy!! I'm just getting ready to make some lunch, myself, AB! Thanks for the inspiration!

Comment

That’s a great quote to start the week with [MENTION=15430]lifechange[/MENTION]! Patience, something I sorely lacked when I was drinking, but it has improved. For me with my perfectionist tendencies, it’s not always easy to be patient, but like everything else in my life, it’s a work in progress. And nothing teaches us more about patience than “one day at a time”! We certainly live in a “hurry up” world, no one seems to just stop and appreciate everything around them, so I try and use my mornings and evenings to do just that! Forget about me for a few moments, and just take in the beauty of living…

The chair that Hank is standing on hardly gets used [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I sit on the end of a sofa across from it, Bubba sits on a chair, just like that one, but to the left of it, then there is a loveseat between Bubba and I to complete our living room circle. Under the tree is Bubba’s Macbook, we both have older iPad’s, I use an 11” Acer flip-top for most of my reading and posting, then we have the HP 17” laptop for our business, and we both have an iPhone 6 Plus. Talk about relying on technology eh!! Which reminds me, my phone is on it’s last legs, so I should stop over at the Stepper’s thread and quiz [MENTION=1214]Rusty[/MENTION] on what version of the iPhone X she just got. So many to choose from, not sure which one would be the right one for me. It’s a wonder that there’s even schools anymore, you don’t need to know anything, just ask Google, Siri, Alexa, Cortana, etc, etc lol. As [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] says, I don’t need to be smart, there’s so much around me that is smarter!

Guess I better quit procrastinating, get out and shovel that snow, it’s not going to move itself lol.
          Last edited by abcowboy; December 30, 2018, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Hovering around freezing, mostly cloudy with the sun trying to peek though.
            Even a little sun lifts my spirit.
            Congrats on 30 days Rava, and the quotes.
            Loved the most recent quote LC, and the thoughts on it afterward.
            Came to check in yesterday, and got distracted.
            Don't really care for new year's, as we have to listen to, and watch everyone who died the past year, and all the crap that went down. I just turn it off and try to think of what's ahead.
            Along with the let-down of post Christmas, and the dark, I feel that's why everyone gets down. Too melancholy for me. I used to think I liked that mood a little when I was drunk. No more, thank you.
            24 more here please.

Comment

6:22 am in Vegas,another 24 please
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good AF Sunday morning everyone. Enjoyed the quote and the reflections after. It spoke to me. Who doesn't look back with regrets? It's hard not too. Dill, so sorry to hear about your DIL.

I'm glade Christmas is over for the year. This is the second year away from the family. We have a big, very close family and I miss them so much! Even though we Skyped with everyone and enjoyed that, it's just not the same. The older I get the harder it is to be gone from all of them. The reason we started snowbirding was the weather and gloom back home. I may have to revisit that when we get our home built back home. Hmmmm

I love kombucha. I must admit I had to learn to love it though. I sip it while hubby has his evening cocktail. It does have a tiny bit of AL in it from the fermentation process. No Sugar says its around .05% or less like NA beer and doesn't mess with you quit. I'd love to make my own. It's so expensive to buy. I may try to make it too. I just have such limited space in the 5th wheel to do things like this.

I dusted off the laptop to post today. I usually just check in on my phone and it makes it near impossible to post much. It's just too hard for me to see that tiny screen. Oh the joys of aging.

It's 32F here this morning! Hope things aren't froze up below deck in the 5th wheel. Unseasonable cold here. I'll take another 24, please and thank you!
                Last edited by Ginger999; December 30, 2018, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Well, I was wrong! Closer to 6" out there this morning! Got it all shoveled and the driveway is totally white again already! Funny thing [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I was whistling "I Heard the Bells" to myself as I shoveled lol.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, guess you didn’t get the memo about keeping the cold temperatures up north. It’s -22C -7F with the windchill here this morning. I was going to shovel the 2-3” of snow we got overnight but opted to stay in where it’s warm. It’s colder than a polar bears ear!

Speaking of things smarter than me, my kids gave me a meat thermometer for Xmas. The thermometer has an app! I guess it’s good that it’s too cold to barbecue so I’ll have a chance to figure out how to use it!

I hope everyone stays warm and has a great af Sunday!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                      Well, I was wrong! Closer to 6" out there this morning! Got it all shoveled and the driveway is totally white again already! Funny thing [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I was whistling "I Heard the Bells" to myself as I shoveled lol.
                      That's funny, Cowboy! I have been humming that tune for days now. Ever since I saw this performance last week, I have been stuck on the tune! LOL! Oh well, I guess there are worse things to obsess over!

Last edited by dill; December 30, 2018, 03:06 PM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

""Change of scene has no effect upon unconscious conflicts.""--Edmund Bergler, M.D.

"There's no running away from the internal strife. Whatever haunts us must finally be confronted and resolved if we're ever to grow and thus contribute to our world its due. When we keep secrets locked away, the secrets begin to keep us locked away as well.
                        It is folly, and yet entirely human, to think a new location, a new job, a new lover will cure whatever troubles us. The truth is, however, that whatever trips us up is at the same time trying to edge us forward to new awareness, and thus the next level of growth. Our troubles are tools for a strengthened foundation. Without them, we'd soon crumble.
                        When we consider the conflicts we encounter as opportunities for further development, they excite us rather than provoke anxiety. Changing our perspective can make the same scene appear quite new."

Love this one!
                        I'm in for another 24 af hours with all of you..

Comment

Good quote LC. Good morning everyone. ANother 24 for me please! Who cares that its New Years Eve. I will not be drinking no matter what day it is.......

Comment

Thanks for the quote LC!
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]....I'm with you on a booze free NYE! Have to work a 12 hour shift today, and will be working tomorrow as well.....no time for hangovers. :hungover:

Another 24please and thank you very much!

Comment

40F and poring rain. An all day rain today.
                              Need to travel to the in-laws out of town, for NY eve party. It's really a going away form our nephew, who's being deployed to Qatar. He's in Army reserves, and this is his 3rd deployment, FFS. He'll be gone a year. But, it is about the safest place one can be over there.
                              Crappy sleep last night, woke up anxious.
                              Need to let today's quote sink in.
                              24 more please.

Comment

Thanks for another good quote, LC. We do carry our troubles (unconscious conflicts) with us no matter where we go. Change of scene doesn't cut it! But sometimes it's just a matter of choice about those troubles and deciding to let them go. Or deciding to take them on and dispatch them!

Mr. V, I hunted this down just for you to see if we couldn't get you back on track! (And help me get that Christmas Carol out of my head )

24 more please for all of us!
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X